flwrs4ever62

Secret Santa Swap 13 *2020*

flwrs4ever62

If you would like to sign up for the swap this year, send me an email at secretsantagw14@gmail.com

with your mailing info and my Elf Krystal will be helping me again with recording the info !

Hope everyone had a great year, tell me something about it ! Would love to catch up with everyone ...

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 22nd

3. pack your seeds and cards as you go, plan on having them ready by

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail by Dec 2nd ( BUT DONT Mail, you will get a mail date )

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)

Santa Claus ( your full name)

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D

( put your name here )

please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 2nd ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

************************

Simplified :

1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )

2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS

3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds

4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.

5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.

6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa

***********************

ONE LIST POSTED PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND POST YOUR WISH LIST ON SECOND THREAD, AND UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WISH LIST SO SANTA CAN PEEK THERE TOO !!

• browneyedsusan_gw

Thanks to Pinkiris for Vincas 'Blackberry Jam' and hot pink, Marigold 'Yummy Mummy', Blackeyed Susan Vine, Scabiosa Isaac House Shades of Blue', Snapdragon Tall Blend and corkscrew vine.
    Thank you Karen Barrett for the Snapdragon ' Black Prince', Cosmos 'Sensation' and early pink, and Centranthus ruber mix. Awesome!

Many thinks to Angela (Yotetrapper) for white and purple wave petunias, and for Coleus 'Rainbow Mix' and Coleus 'Giant Exhibition Marble Coleus'

All of these cultivars are new to me and I am going to enjoy planting them!

Susan

• pinkiris

Renee (ladyreneer) ... thank you ever so much for the sparkly glitter horse with the cardinal on the fence post card - it is so beautiful .... and the amazing selection of seeds you sent ...'exquisite' zinnias, love zinnias! 'black beauty' eggplant, 'charters double' hollyhock - Will winter sow these - and the 'brights' vinca! Vincas are one of my favorite! they do super well here, they try their hardest to hard on so long even after the frost gets them, once they get going there is no stopping them! LOVE them. Cant wait to see the colors you sent! many many thanks Renee! .... wishing you and yours all the best and may you have many blooms to bring you many smiles! wishing you a very Happy New Year!

ps almost forgot to say ...I just LOVED the lavender in the card! =)

• gardengirl37232

Gary (Gary Fitzgerald), thank you so much for the super cute snowman card and the seeds for pineapple pig and ambrosia gold. Really looking forward to growing out ambrosia gold. And a huge thank you for the MMMM package too! Happy holidays, Gary!

• yotetrapper

Oohh excited to hear Gary's packages are in the mail because Santa might bring me my Canadian Goose beans!

Anyone know what the deal is with the bingo?

• Gary Fitzgerald

Still way behind with 2/3 of the Secret Santa Swap. About 10 of 30 packages sent.

• jq_sen39

Susan (BrowneyedSusan)

Thank you for the lovely card! Happy holidays to you too! 😀

love love white Amaryllis seeds, Red&White Amaryllis seeds! i Love both those colors! I can’t wait to grow them. Will be googling a lot to grow them successfully!

I cook with Marla at spinach! It’s super healthy and I love it’s earthy flavors! Thank you!

can’t wait to try Thai basil! I am sure it will go wee with pasta!

• browneyedsusan_gw

Kim King,

Thanks for the Kong Coleus and Starlight Rose Zinnia seeds tucked inside a beautiful snowman card!

Susan

• jq_sen39

Ranegrow/Iris

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card! This summer I was on the hunt for blueberries, grapes and blackberries! I was successful in snagging a blackberry cutting. Hope it comes back after this winter.

But I was so happy to see that you sent me Blueberries! I can’t wait for them to grow for me! 😀

I am guessing Carbon is the heirloom tomatoes. i love growing tons of different tomato varieties in summer! Thank you!

• jq_sen39

Cghpnd (Chrystal)

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas card! The card is so beautiful, it’s going on my Christmas dec next year! 😀

I was literally jumping up and down because you sent me 2 of my wishlist plants- white BOP and sensitive plant! They both take me back to my childhood.

I am excited to grow them this summer along with the Toothache herb!

wish me luck! 💕

• jq_sen39

Happy New year to each and every one of the lovely plant friends here! Hope this new year brings blessings to all here! 😀

• canyonwind

Got more Secret Santa mail.....

ranegrow (Iris) sent me SNOW MUCH FUN...a very Happy Santa indeed! Really cute card!!

And seeds of joy.....Large Leaf Italian Basil and Italian Flat Parsley. Thank you very much!!

Iris, cheers to you and yours for a wonderful 2021. Be well....be safe...be happy!

Annie

• l1oness

My mailbox was full of surprises today! I received three cards on this kind of dreary day, but it made me smile!

Thank you to:

Kim King for the tasty looking Sweet Tidings card, filled with cantaloupe Purple Marconi Pepper - those sound very sweet indeed!

Iris (Ranegrow) for the glittery Santa Snow Much fun card, with chives and Honeyrock Cantaloupe - that one sounds amazing!

and last, but not least appreciated!

Renee (Lady Reneer) sent me a lovely snow covered bridge card filled with happiness in the form of Lavender, Rudbeckia Goldsturm, and 2 kinds of purple eggplant.

Thank you all for your kindness - I appreciate it!

Mandy / l1oness

• Melinda Hagen

Big Thank you to Susan/happy Ohio gardener for adorable snowman card with queen Sophia marigolds and red ducheese aster! Can't wait to grow!

• browneyedsusan_gw

Renee (Ladyreneer),

I received your beautiful, sparkly snowman card today with Veronica Sunny Border Blue, Victoria Salvia and Chaters double Hollyhock seeds inside. Thanks so much!

I will enjoy growing them!

Susan

• patrob

I’m behind in thanking my Secret Santas. I do appreciate all the cheerful cards that I received along with so many seeds from my wish list.

Nan 6b sent a lovely card they had printed showing a wreath, red ribbons, and their beautiful white bird, Princess. She included a packet of calibrochoa seeds. I’m really looking forward to growing these. Thank you, Nan.

Tammy (mcc371) sent me an inspiring card she created in Card Studio. She also sent seeds for pak choy and corn salad, welcome additions to my veggie garden. Thank you, Tammy.

Then there were a couple that showed up in my Informed Deliver app, but they did not show up in my mailbox for nearly a week. They finally showed up!

Ruth (ruthz) sent a beautiful card showing a tree covered in gold lights against a black background with the caption “Peace on Earth.“. She included seeds for Green Stem Shanghai pak choy. I appreciate these, Ruth.

Chrystal (cgbpnd) sent an amazing three-dimensional card showing the front of a house with wreath, gifts, and even a cat on the steps. She sent seeds for tall red bachelor buttons, Triangle Flashback calendula, and Split Second morning glory. Thank you. Chrystal.

• habitat_gardener

Patrob sent a glittery snowman card with Ancient Sweets pepper and, from my wishlist, Chinese String eggplant! I'm looking forward to growing both of these. Thank you, Patricia!

Tormato sent a colorful 3-layered foldout card with seeds for a couple okras: Hill Country Red and AfricanX!!!! (plus a packed bubbler with more than 150 other seeds for the MMMM seed swap). I am so looking forward to growing this late, shrubby monster of an okra! Thank you, Gary!

• apoppyfield1

Thanbk you Patricia Roberson for the Mignonette Bronze and Australian yellow lettuce. Yum. Can't wait to try them!!

• hl260

A big thank you to Gary! He sent two really special tomatoes I have been searching for from a Polish breeder. I am super excited about them. I also got his mmmm package with not only tomatoes but some tribute flowers(thank you!) squashes and many heart tomatoes. Garden plan redo needed! Thanks Gary and Happy New Year everyone!

• nan6b

I'm wondering if @jas_il, @mcc371- Tammy M., and @nailah Hardrick received their cards or packages from me? I haven't heard back from them.

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Special thanks to Alana for the beautiful Chicken holiday card and the two beautiful varieties of gomphrena. I can’t wait to grow these next summer. Thank you so much!!!

• ruthz

I have an overdue Thank You to Jayeanne/pinkiris. I received a cute Peanuts card with Queen Sophia Marigold Seed, Giant Exhibition Coleus Seeds and Fairway Mosaic Coleus Seeds. Thank you so much. I just recently ordered some coleus seeds but not these two varieties.

Wishing you a safe & healthy New Year

• patrob

I have several more to thank. I enjoyed each and every card, and all of you made Christmas a bit brighter and less lonely for me.

Jayeanne (pinkiris) sent me a glittery card showing Woodstock giving Snoopy a gift. She included lots of seeds from my wishlist: eggplant Mitoyo, coleus Giant Marble Exhibition, and aster Giants of California. Jayeanne, thank you so much!

Susan (browneyedsusan) sent me a cute Santa and Mrs. Claus card along with a big packet of seeds for baby bok choy. I am going to sow some in the green house right away. Thank you, Susan!

Alana (poisondartfrog) sent a glittery card with a pink flamingo wearing a Santa hat on his head and a wreath around his neck. She included seeds for Giant Ray asters as well as seeds from her Red Nile crossandras, both from my wish list. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Alana!

I regret that I sent fewer cards than usual this year. A few years ago, I sent cards and seeds to everyone on the list, but my responsibilities at home have increased and my energy has declined. I do wish all of you a Very Happy New Year!

• hl260

Happy new year to all! I think the mail may have some issues- there are many I haven’t heard from as well Nan. Some did arrive but I sent 20. Hopefully they will arrive soon!

• roper2008

There’s a few people I haven’t heard if they got my seeds. When I looked at my list I see a few I don’t have check marked. I’m thinking I didn’t send them their cards.

jlhart

Pinkiris

kgtg

kimking

leann 2800

I’m going to send them unless you tell me you received them.

• dancingbunnyfoofoo

Many thanks to the following Secret Santas who sent me Christmas cards along with seeds.

Ruth Z (ruthz) for the Amaranth Hopi Red Dye, Aristolochia fimbriata White veined Dutchman's Pipe, Gregg's Blue Mistflower, and the White Hyacinth Bean vine.

Susan (browneyedsusan_gw) for the Gomphrena Strawberry fields, Obedient plant, and the White liatris.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• heavenlyfarm

A couple of late cards I got :)

Alana (poisondartfrog) - Thank you thank you thank you for the flamingo card (lol i have a metal flamingo ornament in my garden actually lol) that had flore pleno campanula seeds! I will treasure these this year!

Emily (GardenGirl37232) - Thank for the beach card (we went to OC beach for our honeymoon this year/can't wait to go back!!) Thank you for the veggie and flower seeds!

I hope everyone had a good holiday and is having a good new year!

~Michael

heavenlyfarm

• pinkiris

Linda (roper2008)

Nothing has arrived here BUT if it does, Ill be sure to post here and let you know. Thank you for letting me know.

• nan6b

Thank you @primrose1x3 for the cardinal-topped Christmas tree card, and the Thumbelina zinnias, Sweet William, and Black Prince snapdragon seeds. They'll all be planted this summer! Thanks!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Today’s mail brought a wonderful surprise from hl260. Heide, the mail is running very behind here and I see your card was postmarked on December 9th. I want to thank you for the beautiful card and the wonderful varieties of dwarf tomatoes you so carefully packaged and sent to me. They arrived safe and sound and I am so excited to grow these in my garden!

• hl260

Susan that’s terrific! Hard to believe it took so long but with all the mail shenanigans I am glad it arrived at all! There are still plenty out there folks so I won’t give up yet😉

• Kg Tg Zone 6b IL

Ladyrenner

thank you so much for the beautiful card and the seeds!

Cushaw!! So excited!! Swoon heart, Blond Kopfchen, and Rudbeckia! They are just wonderful! Can’t wait to plant them! The mail is running behind, as these just came today.

Linda (roper2008) I have not seen anything yet. But I know they are behind at the post office. I will let you know!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Heide, I was surprised too, but many of my cards have been arriving after Christmas. They were all postmarked in early December. Thank you so much again.

• roper2008

I‘m pretty sure I didn’t mail them. They will be out in the mail.

• Melinda Hagen

Wow still getting cards! One yesterday from Lady render. With lettuce mix! And one today from patron with space master cucumber and lettuce! Thank you both do very much! Keeping the spirit still going!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Melinda, thank you so much for the Angel Christmas card filled with seeds! I will enjoy planting the sunflowers, snapdragons, nasturtiums and nicotiana. I love the Jade sunflower especially and have always wanted to grow it. Thank you so much for your generous gift. I can't believe how slow our postal service is, but it took almost a month to receive this and I see it was postmarked on January 9th.

I hope you have a great 2021 and bountiful blesssings.

• roper2008

Received a card from Alana(poisondartfrog). In it is Salvia Subrotunda and Celosia Texas Plume Vintage Rose Mix. Oh, how pretty, can’t wait to grow these. Thank you Alana.

What a pretty card too.

• brittneysgran

Received a card from Ruth Zmroczek with these seeds:

Clematis Blue/Purple/Pink

Clematis Henryi

Benary's Giant Zinnia

Ruth the envelope was stamped Dec. 10 and I just got it today = 27 days to get it. WOW I'm glad it wasn't critical medicine or something.

Thank you Ruth

• food_lover

Wow! I just checked the mail and found a lovely card packed with seeds from @pinkiris! It looks like it was postmarked on Dec. 15...

Anyway, I am super excited to plant all these tomatoes: Blush, Juliet, Italian Heirloom, and Costoluto Genovese along with the Ruby Red Commercial Onions.

Thank you so much!

• bluee19

Thank you SO MUCH Primrose1X3 for the lovely christmas card and seeds: Aubrieta Cascase blue, Centaurea cyanus Classic magic and Dianthus barbatus hollandia purple crown seeds. I so appreciate you thinking of me during this holiday season. The card was postmarked on December 28th and I just received them on Friday, January 8th. Its very interesting where your card/seeds traveled to finally get to me :)

Happy Saturday Everyone!!

• canyonwind

Got mail.....

Jayeanne, I am just getting around to opening my mail from last week. I was out of town and well, I am now just getting to mail time!! Thanks so much for the Secret Santa fun!!

Charlie Brown sent me Merry Wishes for a happy Christmas......cute, cute card......and lots of pumpkin/squash seeds......to name a few, Eightball Squash, Lil Jack B Wart Pumpkin (is that correct), Small White Pumpkin and several other packets of pumpkins.....3 white pumpkins and a warty pumpkin. Thank you so much!! I had so darn much fun growing several varieties of pumpkin last Summer. I will be doing it once again this Summer. And you sent me some of your home made yummy hard candy.....am sucking on some now....delicious!!

Wishing you and your family a most beautiful 2021......be happy....be healthy.....be safe and have lots of fun in your Southern garden. Cheers!!

Annie

• leann2800

The blessings have continued...

I received two more cards.

Browneyedsusan sent a holiday card with:

hibiscus syriacus blue with maroon center

amaryllis red - I didn't know there were seeds to this plant. Learned something new there.

malvascus drummond- I had to look this one up. I have never heard of one. I don't think I have ever seen one. But, it looks really cool. Thank you so much.

Lindaroper2008 sent a card with a wreath and :

California GIants Zinnia

Exquisite Pink Zinnia

French Marigold Sparkly MIx

Plumeria Yellow (this is one of my favorite scents. Crossing my fingers I can do these seeds justice. I just love the smell of plumeria but I have never heard any.)

Gomphrey Strawberry Hill- my husband and I just saw one of these at a nature preserve near us. so thrilled to get to try it on my own little patch of nature.

Thank you lovely ladies for making my day.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska

Hi!
    Quick update. Had major surgery in November plus 2 cataract surgeries followed. Am slowly getting my energy back. I haven't felt good for over a year, but it came on slowly.
    Seeds and planting still look like work instead of fun. lol. That will change over time. I'm back to work so that's good.
    Heidi

• Ladyreneer

Heidi, happy to hear the good news!

• canyonwind

Heidi, I am thinking of you...be well...be safe.

Happy New Year!!

Annie

• Gary Fitzgerald

Sending packages out today to...

CA St A

IL Is J

MI Di M

MS Bi A

NC Ki K

NY Hu J

VA Ro L

WA Bo J

• pinkiris

Linda (roper2008) ... thank you so much for the beautiful sparkly Happy Holidays wreath card, filled with a fantastic variety of things ...Red 4'oclocks, very interesting! I will definitely be planting these! peppers ... Aji Guyana (have not grown before), Aji Limo rojo (have not grown before) and Rezha Macedonian .. (have not grown) wow ... new fun varieties for this year and also strawberry fields gomphrena and dark purple opal basil ... love the selection you sent Linda! many many thanks .... wishing you and yours all the best and may you have many blooms to bring you many smiles! wishing you a very Happy New Year!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Many thanks to Linda (roper2008) for the beautiful Happy Holidays card and the wonderful gomphrena and two types of zinnia seeds! These really made my day when I received them in the mail yesterday and wanted to thank you so much Linda. My cutting flower garden this year is going to be amazing thanks to you!

• apoppyfield1
    yesterday

Thank you Gary Fitz for the unbelievably generous package of seeds. I am overwhelmed and hope to include many in may garden plan this year.!!

• roper2008
    yesterday

Thank you to Karen (primrose 1x3) for the Dwarf Sweet William, salvia, and Clinopodium.

I think my butterfly’s and pollinators are going to be very happy this year.

• Ladyreneer
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Thanks, Karen (Bluespiral/Primrose) for my sweet cardinal card that I received today! I was so excited to receive it!!! Inside were Dianthus Chabaud Picotee, California White Poppies, and the last one was Glebionis Coronaria - a Chrysanthemum (which I had to look up).

Thank you so much for these goodies. I love daisy type flowers and Dianthus, too! The California Poppies are new to me as far as my growing experience goes.

I can't wait to plant these. Thanks for thinking of me and for extending my fun Christmas season. 🌿