Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

OBF APRIL ~~~NOT A TAXING MONTH~~~

canyonwind
2 years ago

OBF APRIL~~~NOT A TAXING MONTH~~~

OK, little Chickadees....let's make this this coming month of

APRIL swapping uncomplicated......Easter is soon upon us, gardening in the dirt is going on (maybe)….or at least your planning your garden, Spring Cleaning is on the calender (tik tok tik tok) and the State and the Feds are waiting to get your $$$$$$!!!!! More $$$$$$ just never seems to be enough!!

So I shall not contribute any more stress upon you, than is already on your plate. If you swap, you only need to send your partner ONE ITEM you feel she would enjoy. It can be something for the outdoors or the indoors...it can be edible....it can be whatever talks to you. One stipulation....NO SEEDS FOR THIS SWAP. It must be inexpensive ($5-$10)....and you can only send in an envelope or bubbler.....NO BOXES PLEASE!! Let's keep postage down!!

Please sign up by Wed., April 6

PARTNERS will be posted Thurs., April 7

Please send to your partner by Thurs., April 21....and please post when you send and, of course, after you receive. Post a pic if you are able to do so.

I will post BINGO tonight or tomorrow...and another game or two or three, will be on the horizon.

Happy EVE OBFERS!!

Annie

“April is a promise that May is bound to keep.” -Hal Borland

Comments (169)

• ruthz
    2 years ago

I have been overly tired and headache today. Probably from storm keeping me awake in the middle of the night.

Two things that brightened my day was watching the hummingbirds and opening Shirley's package.

I had to look up both of the varieties. Love.. love.. love.... them.

That iris looks so colorful and beautiful. And I do love oriental lilies.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ruth, lovely package from Shirley!!

I hope you feel better!!

Well, everyone has received....What a punctual group of OBFERS!! Thanks for your timely "sends".

Question # 4......Wills items for his future MAN CAVE

Ruth, I can not brighten your day any further as I must BUZZ you....LOL!

Number 6...Black...... Can go in dishwasher but I would not......silver too.....you must be specific on this kitchen item....almost 4 inches tall......stovetop or oven....no cover.....it is a pan, oh but what kind specifically....and the box that the the pan comes in, refers to it as "this"???

BONUS BINGO FETCH.....

BabyJ decided to get into the bowl for a late afternoon/Early Eve fetch (Mon., April 25)

1. “To plant a Garden is to believe in tomorrow” Audrey Hepburn

That is a # 8 fetch above!!

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Susan................. help with answers for this pan

Number 6...Black...... Can go in dishwasher but I would not......silver too.....you must be specific on this kitchen item....almost 4 inches tall......stovetop or oven....no cover.....it is a pan, oh but what kind specifically....and the box that the the pan comes in, refers to it as "this"???

Calphalon Hard Anodized 10.5” Nonstick Flat-Bottom Wok

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ruth....DINGALING....DINGALING.....you guessed correctly.....and 5 points for Ruth!!

POINTS THUS FAR.....correct me if wrong please.

Ruth 28 points

Susan 19 points

OK LAST QUESTION....for 9 points!

If Ruth gets it, she wins....If Susan gets it, Ruth and Susan we will be tied.....soooo, I have a tiebreaker Q....haha!

Question # 5.....9 points

Since we have been focusing on Wills.....let's stay with Wills....LOL! What city is Wills going to make his MAN CAVE home???????

HINTS......

I can not stand Los Angeles County but I could live here....maybe!

a very outdoors city

BINGO TIME.....Tuesday, April 26

Three fetches today......

Please check your BINGO cards!! After today's fetches, there are 8 little pieces of paper left in

in the bowl.

34."Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream” Conan O'Brien

44. “Children may be deductible, but they still are taxing” Unknown

47. “With the coming of Spring, I am calm again” Gustav Mahler

So today's fetches are # 34, 44 and 47

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Question # 5....What CITY is Wills going to make his MAN CAVE home in?

Question # 5

Come on Ruth and Susan....fight it out!! LOL!

9 points

What CITY is Wills going his make his MAN CAVE home in?

Hints...

I can not stand Los Angeles County but I could live HERE....maybe

a very outdoors city

Surfboards

Very expensive to rent or buy (apartment or home) but that is CA for you

BINGO TIME.......Wednesday, April 27

1. Lima Bean Respect Day (4-20)

15. Lemon Crisp Kit Kats

35. Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad

Today's fetches, # 4, # 15 and # 35

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    last year

I am going to say Huntington Beach California for your nephews man cave Annie!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Question # 5....What city is Wills going to make his MAN CAVE home in???

Susan...BUZZ on Huntington Beach...but a very cool place

HINT.....

Huntington Beach, CA is in Orange County, CA...venture North in to Los Angeles County to find Wills's future MAN CAVE CITY....

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Susan, how is Mr. N feeling???

• ruthz
    last year

Santa Monica

last year

Mr N is feeling better thanks for asking Annie. He is still on light duty and I have to keep reminding him to take it easy. He told me to stop babying him. But we all need a little pampering once in a while.

I will say Malibu, CA if I can guess again.

last year

I just reviewed my words and I can't believe it but it seems I have BINGO!!!!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Question # 5......Wills's MAN CAVE CITY....

Ruth and Susan BUZZZZZZZZZ!!

HINTS....

Ruth and Susan, your guesses are to far NORTH....travel South please....LOL!

You will find one or more A's in the city name

lovely walking area.....you might even see someone famous while cruising around

And you can keep guessing....

Susan....YOU GOT BINGO.....Congratulations!!

Does anybody else have BINGO??? Call the "B" word before 9PM Pacific time tonight if you have a winning card. You will win as well!

Susan, so happy your "honey" is feeling better......

• ruthz
    last year

Manhattan Beach

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

BINGO.......

Well, it is not 9 PM PACIFIC time yet but......

I am in a generous, giving mood.......so is BabyJ.....she is scooping in to the fetching bowl two more times. We want winners.

So two Bonus fetches....check your card. If you got the "B" call it. I will give everyone until 10 AM PACIFIC time tomorrow (THURS) to call BINGO if they have it. Here are tonight's bonus fetches.

Susan has already won...maybe one, or two, or three of you will join the winners circle. Please check your card.

1. Sweet Tarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies

1. Day of the Mushroom (4-16)

On to Q # 5....WILLS and the MAN CAVE CITY....

Ruth....BUZZ...but you are making progress.....

Ruth and Susan, battle it out.......

HINT.....

Riviera.....LOL!

last year

Thank you Annie! I love your games! I learn about music, geography, etc. I am going to guess Hermosa Beach. California is such a beautiful state. I wouldn’t like LA traffic but the nearby beaches are fabulous.

last year

Oh my, I am going to try Redondo Beach then. I am running out of beach towns here lol. I do want to live my next life in California though lol. It was brow freezing here last night in NE Ohio after we had temperatures in the mid 80s over the weekend.

• ruthz
    last year

Long Beach

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

OH MY GOODNESS!! DING A LING Susan...

Susan, you got it.......9 points for Susan. The boy Wills MAN CAVE city is Redondo Beach.

Susan and Ruth....you are all tied up...........so we have a tiebreaker Q......and we are going to stick with Wills. You have both been troopers with my W Q's.

TIEBREAKER Question # 6

What is Wills middle name?????

HINTS......

German

8 letters

Get to it girls!!

And no BINGO calls....hhhhmmmm.....I have not looked to see if there is another winner(s). Hold on to your cards. If no one else calls BINGO by 10am Pacific today, I will have BabyJ do another fetch.

last year

Oh my goodness, so exciting! Ruth will probably be better at this than me. My German is not so good. I will take a guess though. How about Fredrick?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Susan, great guess but BUZZZZZZZ!! I think one of the kids in the movie "The Sound Of Music" was Fredrick....correct??

HINT....

there is only one letter that is in FREDRICK, that is in Wills middle name.....oh but which one is it????....LOL!

Keep guessing!!

• ruthz
    last year

Matthias

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Ruth.....BUZZZZZZZ....don't know that name Matthias.....need to look it up.

HINT.....

No letter "T" in Wills middle name

There is an "A" in Wills middle name

Keep guessing.....

BINGO.......

OK, it is 10:35 AM PACIFIC TIME.....No one but Susan has called BINGO. So BabyJ has fetched out of the bowl x 1...... No more fetching!! Call the "B" word if you have it. I will give you until

7 PM Pacific time tonight.

42. Pastry-Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Dipping Sauce

last year

Awesome guess Ruth. I think we will come up with some very distinguished middle names here. I will try once more. How about Johannes?

• ruthz
    last year

Nikolaus

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Susan...BUZZ on Johannes....great name!!

Ruth.....BUZZ on Nikolaus....I love this!!

TIEBREAKER Q # 6

What is Wills Middle Name???

HINTS......

German

8 letters

there is only one letter that is in FREDRICK, that is in Wills middle name.....oh but which one is it????....LOL!

No duplicate letters in Will's middle name

I must say, since Wills was baptized with this middle name in 1996, I have never met anyone with this as a first name. Maybe you have....I have not. In fact, I do not recall ever meeting a male with this as a first name.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

I need to put my tomato and pepper plants in the ground....so behind on this stuff. I will be back to check on your guesses. Susan, make sure and choose a letter on Ruth's Fotess game.....it is up to you and me to figure the two plants out.... I am in limbo on these plants. I will ponder this while gardening outside...LOL!

• ruthz
    last year

Garrison

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

WOW...another great name...Garrison...but BUZZ.

More HINTS.....

Only 2 vowels

There are Two consonants in the name Garrison that you would find in Wills middle name

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Are you still looking for a BINGO? I now have it.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Jeanne.....GREAT....Congratulations!! You join Susan in the BINGO winners circle!!

Any other BINGO winners?? Speak up.....

• ruthz
    last year

Hilbrand

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Ruth, so sorry I have to BUZZ you again.........

Oh my goodness, where are you coming up with these names?? To bad I am not having babies.....several boys....darn good names Ruth and Susan....but maybe in my next life!!

Hints....

no i......

we know there is an a

there is an L and either an "N" or a "B" or a "D" (from the name Hilbrand)

last year

Sorry didn’t see the last comments

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

TIEBREAKER Q # 6

BUZZ Susan...Krischan....love it....sounds like a delicious European dessert.

What is Wills Middle Name???

And I had an error in a clue.....look below to BAD ME....there is one letter x 2 in Wills middle name

HINTS......

German

8 letters

There is only one letter that is in FREDRICK, that is in Wills middle name.....oh but which one is it????....LOL!

Bad me....there are two of this letter.....a consonant

I must say, since Wills was baptized with this middle name in 1996, I have never met anyone with this as a first name. Maybe you have....I have not. In fact, I do not recall ever meeting a male with this as a first name.

Only 2 vowels

There are Two consonants in the name Garrison that you would find in Wills middle name

no "i" in Wills middle name (i as in iris)

there is an "L" in Wills middle name and either an "N" or a "B" or a "D" (from the name Hilbrand)

You still need a letter from the the name Fredrick. Since Susan called Fredrick, none of the guesses have had this letter.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

OBFERS... I am feeling "giving"......please call BINGO, if you have it, by 10AM PACIFIC time tomorrow (Friday)....no call, no prize....LOL!

Thus far, Susan and Jeanne have called it. Congrats!!

last year

Oh my this is a difficult one. I am going to try another guess. Is it Wolfgang?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

DING....DING....DING....DING

Susan....you got it....Wills middle name is Wolfgang!! Congratulations!! You Win!!

Ruth and Susan, thanks for playing and putting up with me!!

last year

Oh my gosh I can’t believe it! Thanks for providing such entertaining games Annie. Ruth you were a formidable opponent. We came up with some awesome names together didn’t we? I honestly was not coming up with anything and started saying to myself it is probably something really off the wall and I will never guess it. Then suddenly the name Wolfgang just popped into my mind. And I went through all the clues and I said, this just might be it! So excited to play!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Susan and Ruth, Wills Wolfgang loved hearing your names guesses.........He loved the names Hilbrand and Krischan especially. Yesterday, Wills wanted to hear the clues....and said hey Annie, you can use "MUSIC" (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) and "Cooking" (Wolfgang Puck). I told him they were future clues....as Annie makes you girls work hard for a prize...HAHA! If I had used those clues early on, you would have certainly guessed yesterday.

Regarding BINGO.....I checked to see if Shirley and/or Ruth had BINGO. And Ruth does have BINGO. Shirley, you had one more needed fetch.

Ruth has not posted on her FOTESS swap since yesterday and has not posted here since yesterday. If she has, I don't see it. Her computer might be down. So BINGO prizes for Susan, Jeanne and Ruth....Congrats ladies!!

Susan, you also will get a a prize for the Primarily Wills game.....well done!!

I am not sure when I will get prizes out but will let you know when I do.

I am hosting FOTESS for the month of May and it will be ever so simple, as I am gone quite a bit during the month of May.

I think this is a wrap for this month. Ruth Susan, Shirley and Jeanne, thanks for playing games, and/or swapping etc.....always a pleasure playing with you!!

Happy Friday....Happy weekend.....Happy May!!

• ruthz
    last year

Congratulations Susan.

Annie, your games are always fun.

Thank you for hosting such a fun month.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

A great month - as always, lots of fun!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

PRIZES...RE: BINGO.....Susan, Jeanne and Ruth....AMAZON will be delivering your way...Jeanne, possible delivery Fri., May 6.....Susan and Ruth, possible delivery Wed., May 11...maybe earlier. I will keep you posted on shipping as I know it...LOL!

RE....Wills Game....Susan and Ruth, Prizes are headed out direct from me tomorrow (Wed)....

Happy Eve/Morning kids!!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

PRIZE UPDATE.....

BINGO....

Susan, your prize was shipped by AMAZON today....looks to deliver at your home on Fri., May 6....you never know it might show up tomorrow. Just post that you received...don't post what you got as Jeanne and Ruth are getting the same.

No shipping for Ruth or Jeanne yet....

WILLS game...

Susan and Ruth, your prizes went out from my home this afternoon. Simply post that you received.

Thanks!!

• ruthz
    last year

Got it today. Thank you so much.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Ruth......

Ruth and Jeanne....just checked your Amazon orders.....has not shipped.....but shows delivery should be this coming Wednesday.

Susan N, Amazon received her Amazon order on Friday. She may be out of town.

Happy Mother's Day ladies......ENJOY!!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Ruth and Jeanne....OK, AMAZON has shipped your BINGO prizes.....arrival looks like Wed., May 11.............

• ruthz
    last year

Got a package today that I'm assuming is the bingo prize package. Love it and Thank You.

No names inside but the name on outside is funny. Chickadee, LOL. I watch them at my bird feeders every day.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Annie, I received my prize and love, love, love it! Thank you so much. It's like a second Mother's Day. (Mine also said Chickadee)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    last year

Ruth and Jeanne, glad you received....I am concerned about Susan...very unlike her to not post after receiving. Hoping all is good with Mr. N.