Software
Houzz Logo Print
paisley08

Master bathroom transformation!

12 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
This bathroom not only had carpet in it but the layout did not utilize the space efficiently

Comments (50)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great spacious shower and overall material / color combination.
    Paisley Designs thanked Dytecture
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Wow, great transformation!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Good for you...Good job!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    That is a great bathroom to compliment the bedroom. That is a nice walk in shower.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Beautiful. Yes, we remember the bathroom carpet trend well........
    Enjoy.
    Regards,
    Karen & Joseph
    for Decorative Philosophy
  • 11 years ago
    Just curious, how much?
  • 11 years ago
    Better than it was but I'm not a fan.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Very much of an improvement, but curious as to why they would do all this work, but not add walls and a door for privacy for the toilet.....
  • 11 years ago
    Wow, what an amazing transformation!
  • 11 years ago
    That shower!
  • 11 years ago
    Great improvement, but no door?
  • 11 years ago
    Nice save!
  • 11 years ago
    Fugly... looks like a Home Depot DIY weekend project.
  • 11 years ago
    toooooo cold looking only thing i like is flooring
  • 11 years ago
    I'm not a fan of this one..............too cavernous and the shower to me just looks odd. Aside from that the lack of doors for privacy just puzzles me.
  • 11 years ago
    On second thought: Where's the door? What is to the right of the shower? lt looks like a small open space and then just a wall, cleaning up in there should be fun. This is really an awkward layout. There is way too much open floor to have to clean, even cleaning under the cabinet that holds the lavatory would be difficult. Why no private toilet room...there was plenty of space for it. I agree with Brad Williams, t looks like a do it yourself project and does look better than before but it doesn't look professionally done or practical at all.
  • 11 years ago
    Great job.
  • 11 years ago
    Was that a walk in closet to the right of the shower? If so, where is it now? (Resale value)
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Great job. We see a lot of these "before" bathrooms--with carpeting! Now they just need to add some fabulous art and accents!
  • 11 years ago
    I love this! The bathroom looks clean and open now. The colors are relaxing and sophisticated. Lots of beautiful finishing detail. I have a carpeted bath too. Maybe there is hope for me…
  • 11 years ago
    Amazing!
  • 11 years ago
    Cold and uninviting, very sterile, shower looks like something they would use for decontamination...
  • 11 years ago
    anything would have been an improvement from the original. I don't see a door to this bathroom. With that in mind, the toilet should have been closed in. Not sure what's next to the shower,,is there a point for that space? It's not a bad bathroom, but it doesn't look like it was thought through the overall design
  • 11 years ago
    What's in that opening to the right of the shower?
  • 11 years ago
    better than it was but a lot of wasted space- linen closet or clothes closet, maybe. The toilet should have been positioned more privately, and just not good vibe on the finished project.
  • 11 years ago
    Looks great, What type of flooring is that ? I need to redo my bathroom as well
  • 11 years ago
    What a beautiful transformation! However..... I would have to agree with Stamps on this. What an enormous room! There is still so much wasted space in the center. A separate "water closet" would create much needed privacy and control unwanted odours.
  • 11 years ago
    Hmmm, lot's of criticism. Too bad. It is quite an improvement, but no not perfect. I call this the salad spinner effect. You know where everything gets placed against the wall and the center is empty. Maybe after they live in it for a bit and add personality. Maybe??
  • 11 years ago
    I opened the after photo and just didn't like it. Lots of the comments said what I was feeling. Cavernous, cold not a great use of space. Sorry not for me.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    choice in flooring is amazing. It just goes so well with everything. I personally like it, regardless it's larger than most peoples cubicle bathrooms.
    All you need is some decor, and Enjoy!
  • 11 years ago
    Nice remodel, but not practical. I agree with Jane, the toilet should've been enclosed.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, it is quite an improvement in color, but not really a great use of all that space & the tub is awkward in that it's just stuck in the corner with no "place holder" around it. Personally I'd ditch the tub, does anyone really use them? I'd opt for more built in storage painted same color as walls. That's what we did in our new home & so we don't need any dressers in our bedroom. Super useful. Oh yes, the toilet needs to be in it's own room. I'd make the sink area wider with 2 sinks along the one wall instead of 2 work stations on opposite walls, not a fan. I do like the flooring & neutral color & the shower is fabulous. Also needed is a place to sit & put on your socks, a center piece if you will and please, some artwork or chandelier? Pops of color. I do like the spaciousness of the bathroom but too monochromatic for me.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree with enclosing the toilet and some more accents. That's really up to the homeowners, though. I just don't think the pictures do the layout justice. Is it possible to see more? And I do like that shower. It's different.
  • 11 years ago
    stunner! I personally do not like a tiny enclosure for a toilet. It makes me feel too confined. When we remodeled our master suite, we put up a full wall beside the bath tub and installed the toilet behind that wall. No one can see unless that person is standing right in front of you. We don't get ready at the same time during the day so it's no problem. I think it is a personal choice.
  • 11 years ago
    If this had been a homeowner doing an upgrade, but not a remodel, I would say: Great choice of materials - looks nice! But a designer in charge of this? I agree with the others that the layout is not well thought out.
  • 11 years ago
    What a transformation.............beautiful........
  • 11 years ago
    Incredible transformation - outstanding bathroom
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Definitely better than before! I am sure the clients are happy with their new space :) - Janis, GKB
  • 11 years ago
    This is an extremely odd layout. I find it hard to believe a professional designed this. A huge waste of space but on the positive side, it is an improvement from the original.
  • 11 years ago
    I like the change very much, and if you like this arrangement and it works for you then I think you can be very happy with what you've accomplished. Only until we've lived in a place can we tell what it is we want and need to change. I am interested to know what type of flooring. It looks like wood but there are so many alternatives these days that capture the wood-like look. that said, I'm getting rid of the carpet too.
  • 11 years ago
    I would love it more if it had a roaman shade.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Gorgeous bathroom. You really did a very great job. Amazing transformation.
  • 11 years ago
    Much improvement, agree with many comments re no door, but this bathroom to me just doesn't look right, it doesn't flow nicely at all.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree. It doesn't flow. I like the clean lines of it but it just looks like everything was just hung on a wall . . .
  • 11 years ago
    I love it!
  • 11 years ago
    The flooring is beautiful.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    very nice floors

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Looks great!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Fantastic transformation! Love the layout!