Venetian blinds are an affordable option with a neat design that offers maximum privacy. A Venetian blind is the perfect treatment for windows in any room of your home, and they come in a wide variety of styles to fit any decor need. While you’re shopping for horizontal blinds, don’t forget to keep the following in mind:
Are Venetian blinds the right choice for my home?
As the most common and generally least expensive type of blind available, horizontal blinds offer superior privacy. They’re easy to maintain and functional, and they have a neat appearance as well, making them a great choice for any home and any room.
What styles of horizontal blinds can I choose from?
Slat material and width are your main concerns when choosing a specific Venetian blind style:
• Slat width: Depending on the material, slat widths generally range from an inch to 3½ inches. The wider your slats, the more light they’ll block. However, the thickness of the slats depends on your aesthetic preference.
• Vinyl: This is generally the least expensive option, but also the most flimsy. However, vinyl blinds are lightweight and come in various colors and styles, including embossed designs or wooden tones. They tend to feature smaller slat sizes and are also one of the more durable options.
• Aluminum: This option pairs quality with a lightweight style. Though they’re a bit more expensive than vinyl, they also come in a large range of sizes, colors and finishes.
• Faux wood: If you love the look of wood but are afraid your slats might warp, fade or crack, then you should consider faux wood. These slats are available in 1- and 2-inch sizes, plus they’re easy to clean and moisture resistant. Cons include the fact that they’re the heaviest slat material option, plus they tend to be toward the more expensive end of the spectrum.
• Real wood: You can add a natural, organic tone to your room with real wood blinds. Wooden Venetian blinds are lighter in weight than their faux wood counterparts, but they’re usually the most expensive option.
What length and width of Venetian blind will work best for me?
The amount of vertical space you’ll need depends on whether you choose an inside- or outside-mount style. For an inside-mount style, measure the inside of the window frame from top to bottom and left to right, as well as the depth. For an outside-mount style, measure from where you plan to hang your blinds to where you’d like them to drop, and then measure from side to side. Be sure to add 1½ to 3 inches on the sides, top and bottom for overlap.
Find where to buy Venetian Blinds and get inspired with our curated ideas for Venetian Blinds to find the perfect item for every room in your home. With such a wide selection of Venetian Blinds for sale, from brands like Achim Importing Co., A Better Blind Inc, and CYAN DESIGN, you’re sure to find something that you’ll love. Shop from Venetian Blinds, like the Cordless Gii Deluxe Sundown 1" Room Darkening Mini Blind 27"x64" or the Cordless Celestial Sheer Double Layered Shade, while discovering new home products and designs. Whether you’re looking to buy Venetian Blinds online or get inspiration for your home, you’ll find just what you’re looking for on Houzz.