Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parkman009

WANTED: potato onions, variegated kiwi,

16 years ago

looking for potato onions (aka multiplier onions), variegated kiwi male and female vines, nut trees, Siberian pea shrub, perennial edibles (what do you have?) I have fruit tree cuttings, strawberries, blackberries, New Zealand spinach, Swiss Chard seeds and other stuff just ask.

Comments (12)

• 16 years ago

I have multiplier onions. I'd be interested in your blackberries, maybe nZ spinach and swiss chard. I'll email you too. Any raspberries?

• 16 years ago

Awesome, This is my first trade on the web. I have been trying to get some potato onions for a couple of years without success. I don't have any raspberries, though. I have about six rooted blackberry plants from this year's growth I can send you. They propagated themselves because I ignored them last fall and did not prune them and they spread into and rooted all over my strawberry patch. I found it impossible to pick my strawberries without getting a hand full of thorns. I'm in the midst of digging them out of my strawberries and looking for a new place to plant them. They are quite tasty. This summer the vines produced quite a bit of fruit despite my ignoring them. The berries are firm and sweet and about as big as the end of my thumb. I would recommend planting them in a spot where you can keep track of them and train them to wires. I can package up the plants in some damp compost and plastic bags and they should arrive fine. They are pretty hard to kill.

The NZ spinach is doing quite well this year. It survived the 20 degree weather we had here in northern California last winter but I don't know if you will be able to keep it a perennial as I do, since you are in zone 6. It produces many seeds though and is easy to grow once the seeds germinate. NZ spinach like regular spinach can be difficult to germinate.You have to nick and soak the dry seeds overnight to help them germinate. The greener seeds should be easier. They should sprout well enough if they are started indoors where its warm. They transplant well and can take quite a bit of abuse and neglect. They are a trailing plant related to iceplant so you need to allow them to wander. They will form a mat and spill over rocks and planterbox sides or dangle from a hanging pot nicely or make a nice ground cover. They will reseed themselves if they find a spot they like. I suspect they will also root from cuttings easily, though I have never bothered to try.

The chard is the white variety and is quite hardy and tasty. The seeds should be soaked overnight before planting. They grow through the winter here and will take the frosts without damage. If you can keep the snow and freezing rain from covering them you can have greens all winter. I have a gallon bucket full of seeds, so I have many to spare.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

parkman009

• 16 years ago

I would like to try your NZ Spinach. I would love to have some perennialize here in MS.

Please LMK if I have seeds that interest you

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange page

• 16 years ago

Update:
    Much to my disappointment, my bucket of Swiss chard seeds got thrown out, someone thought it was dirt.

• 16 years ago

test

• 16 years ago

Hi,
    I would love to get some New Zealand Spinach. I don't have much to trade but have a lot of couple vegetable seeds, along with lots of flower seeds.

• 16 years ago

I might be interested in some of your vegetable seeds. What do you have? You need to post your trade list.

• 16 years ago

Most of them are the common vegetable type like different types of tomatoes, peppers, etc. I'll put a list together in the next couple days and post here.

• 16 years ago

Here is most of them:

Swiss Chard (Fordhook Giant)
    Spinach (Melody Hybrid)
    Cucumber (Burpee Hybrid II)
    Carrot (Nantes Half Long)
    Pepper (california Wonder)
    Pepper (Four-Way Hybrid) (Sweet)
    Mesclun (5 type Spicy Mix)
    Pepper (Jalapeno M)
    Lettuce (Black-Seeded Simpson)
    Tomato (Super Beefsteak)

I have some more peppers and tomatoes somewhere...I'll keep looking.

• 16 years ago

Some more:

Tomato (Super Sweet 100 Hybrid)
    Spinach (Space Hybrid)
    Pepper (Cayenne)
    Spinach (Bloomsdale Long-Standing)
    Tomato (Better Boy Hybrid)
    Tomato (Burpee's Big Boy Hybrid)
    Spinach (Giant 157 Hybrid)

• 16 years ago

Any interest in any of the above seeds for trade for the New Zealand Spinach? Or anything else you might be looking for?

• 16 years ago

Take a look at may trade page and see if you can find anything that you have or can get that is on my list.

All the seed you have on your list above, I can get for $.10 per package at RiteAid. So it would be less expensive than postage.

If you can't find anything then send me an email using my email address and we can discuss other arangements.

Sponsored