Landscape lighting is a wonderful way to illuminate your meticulously kept outdoor areas, as well as provide extra safety when darkness falls. Solar path lights are a great way to achieve both of these goals and are cost effective, whereas pool lights and deck lights are a tad more specialized yet still important when it comes to safely navigating the dark. If you’re looking for landscape lighting solutions, here are a few tips to light your way:
What are some of my choices when it comes to landscape lighting?
With such a wide variety of garden lighting styles available, it’s easy to find something that will fit your needs. The most common types include pathway lighting, well lights, deck lighting, pool lights and step lights.
• Pathway: These versatile lights can be used to line your sidewalk, driveway or walkway or even illuminate a flower bed or other greenery for ambience. They can be small and unobtrusive or larger and more decorative. Some styles even resemble hanging lanterns or fanciful mushrooms.
• Well: This type of lawn lighting can offer the same advantages as pathway lighting, but instead of being visible aboveground, the fixture is tucked underneath the soil.
• Deck: These landscape lights are often recessed into the paneling, floor or steps on your deck and help highlight edges as well as steps. They’re a great way to enhance safety, especially if you plan to host a party on your deck after dark.
• Step lights: Similar to deck lighting, these can be placed alongside or in steps to make sure you and your family or guests don’t lose their footing. They’re perfect for use on entryways, porches and patios that include a set of stairs.
• Pool: These are specially made to withstand moisture and illuminate your swimming pool from under the water. Aboveground pool lights are also available and can be added to the pool’s exterior areas.
Is there an advantage to buying solar garden lights?
Outdoor solar lights most certainly come with several benefits, including a lack of wiring, which makes them very easy to install. They feature a solar collection panel that absorbs the energy from sunlight during the day, which is then converted into power that turns the lights on at night. Thanks to this, solar patio lights won’t cost you any extra money when it comes to powering them, and their lack of need for a corded power supply make them an excellent lawn lighting option.
Is low-voltage landscape lighting also efficient?
Low-voltage garden lights are certainly another energy-efficient way to illuminate your beautiful backyard. While they may not be as easy to install as solar lights, they’re still fairly hassle free and will typically even offer a digital timer to let you set when your lights will come on and go off.
Find where to buy Landscape Lighting and get inspired with our curated ideas for Landscape Lighting to find the perfect item for every room in your home. With such a wide selection of Landscape Lighting for sale, from brands like WAC Lighting, Hinkley, and Kichler, you’re sure to find something that you’ll love. Shop from Landscape Lighting, like the 12-Pack Low Voltage LED Hardscape Light or the Solar Path Lights, while discovering new home products and designs. Whether you’re looking to buy Landscape Lighting online or get inspiration for your home, you’ll find just what you’re looking for on Houzz.