Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammiandfargo

SASE requests

17 years ago

Please before you reply to a thread offering seeds for sase check to make sure the person offering the seeds hasn't posted in the thread asking for no more offers.

This happens to me all the time. I offered seeds back in January and got 20-30 responces. Even after posting that I am not accepting any more seed requests I get tons of replies. Sometimes when I don't have much time to answer e-mails I just delete the requests.

Comments (8)

• 17 years ago

Do you maybe change the subject line and make your message in caps?

Or how about this..

This offer is now closed...Seeds are gone!

I'd think you could just copy the above and paste it somewhere to use later.

Even I can do a little HTML now...been practicing at the Test Forum

Here is a link that might be useful: Final faq on HTML thread

• 17 years ago

I agree it's getting out of hand. Spike used to keep a watchful eye around here, I'm glad some traders get involved and keep order. I see people asking for SASE on threads that are months old~ bumping new threads down in the process. While I'm already complaining, I'd like to add how much it annoys me when some traders post a bunch of threads at the same time and constantly bump them up. GRRRRRRR!

• 17 years ago

An even bigger complaint I have is those that respond to your SASBE offer and you put the seeds aside for them and never get the mailer. I tell the person to "have the mailer to me within 2 weeks as I only hold seeds for that length of time, then the seeds go back out to trade and I can't guarentee that I will have the seeds you want". Even with that, half the time I don't get the SASBE.
    When I first joined GW, back in 2003, I would send follow up e-mails about the SASBE, several of them. It just got to be too much to do and I stopped. Now I put the limit and don't send follow-up e-mails that I didn't get their mailer.
    I posted an SASBE offer about 2 months ago and between GW responses and e-mailing me directly I had 40 responses and 40 people sending SASBE. Gave 3 weeks because of the Christmas rush and figured that was fair. Well guess what? I held the seeds for 3 weeks and only got 19 SASBE in the mail. To this day I never got the others.

Go figure.

Fran

• 17 years ago

That has happened to me too, a lot of people don't even bother to send the sase. There was one sase, I got it weeks or maybe even a month after I had offered it. There was no list of the seeds the person wanted so I e-mailed them to ask and they never responded.
    I hardly ever separate the seeds for each SASE before receiving it just because of all the ones I don't ever receive.

• 17 years ago

I have replied to a lot of SASBE's, I have not offered any yet, but this is how I see it, you that are offer SASBE's are doing the rest of us a HUGE favor by sharing your seeds, if you reply to the thread, you should honor that and not make people wait for your bubble mailer, I understand things can happen and what not, but at least do the people good and e-mail them to let them know what is going on! It is almost rude not too, wait a sec, it is rude! My computer went down on me during a ice storm, while I was in the middle of recieving some seeds, I hand wrote letters letting them know I got my seeds, it didn't hurt my hand any, and it was only a stamp, a lot less time then it took everyone to gather the seeds and clean them and package them, I keep hearing this about people not following through and I am just dumbfounded at why someone would ask for them and not follow through!
    I appreciate each and everyone of you that has let me send a SASBE. I want to thank all of you pubicly (sp? spell check!!)
    michelle

• 17 years ago

I agree that it can be iffy with people who request a SASBE and it generally runs about 50-60% of those that actually follow through. My biggest problems are the people who do send them but do not follow instructions, no note to let me know who they are or what they want, envelopes arriving in my mailbox with box due and a big wad of bubble wrap stuffed inside an envelope instead of an actual bubble envelope.
    Alice

• 17 years ago

I Too have had people ask me for a sasbe and never follow through. I too set the seed or plant aside for that person. If they decided they didnt want it a quick email would be nice.
    The reason Im saying that is because I have got an overwhelming response sometimes, and would have to turn some people down before I had a chance to post they were all gone. Then some people wouldnt send their sasbe and those seeds or plants could have went to someone I had to turn down........

• 17 years ago

I'm new to sending seeds for SASBE, but what I have been doing is just filling the requests as I recieve the envelopes. I don't hold for anyone. First envelope to come is first served. Everyone has gotten seeds, it is just that those who mail the SASBE later, tend to get less seeds. I too have noticed that a lot of people don't send the envelopes, so no point in holding seeds. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus