Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bright199

Childs chair turned planter redo 2007

17 years ago

Well this little chair has been a planter since about 2001... Wow!! First it was pink... then blue... last year it stayed in the basement... this year it's a pretty green with some mosaic!!! It's actually one of the first junk projects I did. The chair came from the daycare at our old church that closed down. I removed some of the slats in the seat. Took some wire mesh that I found in the woods.. cut two strips and made the basket part. I haven't decided what to plant yet. But I wanted to post a picture anyway... what ya think???

{{gwi:143442}}

{{gwi:143443}}

Comments (10)

• 17 years ago

Didn't realize I still have pictures of the old versions in my Yahoo albums... don't go there much since I use photobucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: yahoo album

• 17 years ago

Wow! That chair has had lots of makeovers. Lol. I love how it is now. I also looked at your yahoo album. You have cool stuff. The coke planter is something I would love since I collect anything coca cola. Your purple stepladder and blue and white teacup feeder are adorable. Good job!! Thanks for sharing!!

• 17 years ago

I love that chair. I have one just like it except mine has rockers. The GK'S aren't ready to let it go yet tho LOL

• 17 years ago

Oh my gosh, that chair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the color and extra little touches! I love the birdhouse next to it too. You are so creative! Always am inspired by your posts! I snooped through your album! You are the creative queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Kirk

• 17 years ago

I cant pick just one I like cause I love them all.

• 17 years ago

I love the bright green color of the chair, it will "pop" in your garden. I also checked out your photo album. That old bench and chair are lovely. Home Goods has a old rusty looking bike with the ornate design on it in the wheel spokes and the planters in the front, back and pedal areas. It was selling for $100. I wonder if they don't get their ideas from folks like us on the Garden Junk forum (ya think?)!

• 17 years ago

I love the little chair, and I have one,too,that used to be a rocker. It was mine when I was a little girl,and I'm 48 now :) My mother re-caned the seat years ago when the slats broke out. I keep mine inside for kids to sit in. I love the mosaic on it,and the color green,can't wait to see what you plant in it.

• 17 years ago

REALLY LOVE your first great finds..... I would wet myself if I found those!

• 17 years ago

Sister: Good name as we seem to be of the two "pees" in a pod variety!!ha! Love the chair, and mosaic you did,Bright, love green too! AND you have the same rooster as me! the glass amber one And you have it outside too!!! More "pee" in a pod goin' on!!

• 17 years ago

You all are too funny. Thanks for all the comments. The color is awsome it's the new spray paint at Wally world put out by Kilz. I first started with bright yellow... HATED it. This is much prettier. The yahoo pics are all from 2003...and I still have all the junk. Just at a new house. The rooster has been outside the hole time.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations