Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

Happy Anniversary George and Leone

14 years ago

Happy Anniversary to our favorite couple. If I have it right,you've been married 62 years today.Our anniversary was yesterday which is why I always remember yours. 62 years with the same person is just amazing and I can't even begin to imagine the support and love you've shown each other all these years.If either one of you is able to check in,tell us what the day was like so many years ago. We love you.

Comments (16)

• 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary!

• 14 years ago

Happy anniversary!
    Remember the good years and look forward to more of them.
    Love you, Lilo

• 14 years ago

Happy anniversary from me too. I could not say it better than mwoods.
    Love, Anneliese

• 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary to a couple who is a wonderful example to not only their family but to us their GP family.
    Time and time again you have shown us how you handle adversities with such grace and dignity.

May you have love and laughter
    and be able to enjoy this special milestone in your lives.

You are so loved and respected dear George and Leone.

• 14 years ago

Of course I tell Leone that it seems more like 63 but she doesn't listen to me. We were wondering how many times out anniversary fell on Easter but have no idea. Didn't go to sunrise services this A.M, didn't want to walk on that uneven ground up the hill and I'm not going to Sunday srvices either. Yes, I feel well enough to go but and this may be a selfish motive but just don't like the idea of having to shake all those hands and explain how I'm doing better etc. The congregation are great people but one gets tired of explaing how your doing.

Leone is in church now and I'll get a lot of feed back from her from everyone there.

When we were married 62 years ago it was rainning just before we went in the church but as we came out so did the sun, we thought that a good omen. Two skinny squirts with practically no money, our whole 5 day honeymoon cost almost $80 which we thought extravagant. She was working for the Railway commission in the steno pool and I was a student at N.U and working in the main drafting room at the highway department, as I recall in a good week we could bring home almost $30 together which was good since I got $75 a month from the G.I. bill and our really nice apartment cost just that, $75 a month.

Enough rambling but thanks for posting this about our anniversary.

• 14 years ago

George and Leone, Happy Anniversary from me, too! Thanks for sharing memories of your very special day with us.

Your motive for staying home from church isn't selfish--it's self-preservation! :>) Everybody loves you and wants you to know it, but it could wear you out. OTH, on the GP you only have to write it once, then, you can read our good wishes and not get tired!

• 14 years ago

Mwoods, hope your special day, yesterday, was "special". A Belated Happy Anniversary to your and your husband.

• 14 years ago

45 years for us and we're still working on it. We're heading off to Annapolis for a couple of days this week to just get away.

Gandle...I know exactly what you mean about getting tired of hearing "how are you doing?" It's always said out of deep concern but sometimes you just don't know what to say anymore. Thanks so much for checking in.

• 14 years ago

George and Leone, Happy Anniversary from one more GP'r.
    What a great story you two have written and shared together!

Hope there'll be many more to come, filled with brand new chapters.

Marda, thank you--(and congratulations to you and John, also!)

• 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary! Two pairs of kids at heart, the only way it could happen.

• 14 years ago

I am so glad that you feel well enough to post. I would have stayed home from church too, people mean well but you get exhausted. In my corner of Germany raindrops on your wedding mean good luck and a long marriage. Seems to have worked on yours, mine (in a couple of days) and maybe it rained some drops in the vicinity of mwoods, too.

Mwoods,belatedly congratulations. Yes it is work over the years, but anything worth doing needs work sometimes.

• 14 years ago

George, I'm glad to hear from you.You are wise to stay away from large groups of people.I wish you and your sweet wife a very happy aanniversary!

• 14 years ago

Congrats all the way 'round!

• 14 years ago

Happy anniversary to all! I hope you two pairs enjoyed it well!!!

• 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary, and may you have many more

• 14 years ago

Happy belated Anniversary to two very special people.

Sponsored
More Discussions