sergeant_gw

Simplicity Front end Utility Bucket

16 years ago

Here Simplicities answer to the Johnny Bucket and the Deere Tractor Scoop

Here is a link that might be useful: Utility Bucket

Comments (6)

• 16 years ago

Hi Sergeant,
    The scoop from AGCO looks suspiciously like the Sears Scoop. They are both made by Agri-Fab.

{{gwi:323024}}
    I own the Sears unit and if you realize it's limitations (It's no front end loader) it makes a great back saver. And it only takes 15 seconds to remove.

{{gwi:323025}}

I bought mine in 04 for around $339
    Terry

• 16 years ago

tjeffers,

I thought the same as you. I just happened to look at the sears scoop yesterday on the internet, and then saw this post. All that stuff does have limitations. I have a JB Jr for my Simplicity Landlord, and I really like it a lot. I'm already looking forward to this fall's new dump of mulch so I can drive around spreading it with my Johnny Bucket. Yeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

• 16 years ago

I don't need to worry about any of them I have a X485 with a 45 loader and a White GT2055 with a Kwick-way loader. But they would have been nice back in the Day when I couldn't affore a tractor with a Loader. It's just nice to see all these slip Buckets being made today to help out the Avarage Guy who doesn't need the full fleged loader. So how do you like have that Craftsmen scoop and two handles to control is you Craftsmen a lever driven or a Pedal driven machine. Becuase the only problem I see with the Craftsmen scoop is not enough hands. Deeres scoop on the X300 and X500 you have to lock it into a diffrent postion to use a the electric acuator to Dump or lift. John's Johnney Bucket has come a long way since he first came out with them he went from using the tractors own lift to a whinch's to Electric acuators and now they have Become pretty Pricy with both acuators on them.

• 16 years ago

I've got the JBJr on my Craftsman GT5000 with the 2 electric actuator/toggle switches mounted on top of the dash where I can use one hand to control both switches. Works great. Bur you're right, they aren't cheap but do a helluva job. Someone once called it the old man's wheelbarrow. lol!

• 16 years ago

My JBJr also has the electric actuators with the fast dump feature. Yeah, it was kinda pricey, but then just how much does a chiropractor cost, or even worse.....back surgery? In view of that, the JBJr is very inexpensive.

• 16 years ago

Sergeant,

Yup, The manually operated scoop setup for me is like playing an ancient pipe organ with all of the handles everywhere! But I get used to it for those times that I need to use it. I have been happy with it.

Terry

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County