Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

Picture of the day *62* Charming you with pink

15 years ago

Good morning everyone

Guess what....spring IS coming! Why...they are giving us 1 more hour of daylight soon lol
{{gwi:462507}}From Picture of the day for March 09

Pink Charm was one of my darkest pink blooming brug. Another one that is starting from nothing.

Good news is that you do not know how the stems will grow out. But this one did have a nice shape.

Don't you think?

Do you have a picture of one of your brugs you think has the nicest formed stems shape? As tree or bush. What is your preference?

OK get your dirty mind out of the gutter....I am still talking burgs roflmao

Have a wonderful day.

As for me, I got to go and shovel out the 2nd truckload of compost. Don't know how that is going to go. Since oh man do my shoulders hurt already from the first one. lol

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (24)

• 15 years ago

Hey Lucy,
    Your brug is pretty but i still prefer lemon meringue!!!
    I prefer tree shaped brugs.

Siam

• 15 years ago

LMAO..I DEF prefer TREE!! I deleted what I just put, lol..I'll just leave this alone now, lmao.
    Seriously, that is so pretty..I can't wait for blooms. I think its like 17 days now right? OLd man winter better take the hint when we move our clocks forward, and he'd better get heck outta Dodge!!
    thanks for that lovely pic of the day :)

• 15 years ago

Daniella can you call 911 for me please..hurry. When I read your reply I was taking a spoon full of my cereal and since I did not wanted to spit it all over the screen. Do not have time to clean IN the house lol. I almost joked to death roflmao

Oh shucks...I will never get spring :-( I even drove my dodge in the backyard yesterday roflmao

Got to unload the compost ha ha ha

Daniella thanks for the laughs lol

Siam most folks are taken by double and triple brugs. For me the singles are just easier to grow. You do not get dissapointed when the skirts look deformed. Because the weather was just not right. Or the conditions. The singles did all well. That said does not mean that I do not love the doubles etc too. It was just the 1st brug season for me and I learned a lot.

Lucy

• 15 years ago

lmao omg Lucy..please, you should know by now..eating and or drinking while reading on this forum is a dangerous thing, lol.
    Glad you are OK! :)

• 15 years ago

Good Morning Lucy (and ALL),
    Beautiful! Love the color.
    I like the the tree. I have been letting mine just bush.
    But just year going to try the tree shape.

Dorothy

• 15 years ago

Goodmorning all! Love the tree lucy..Pretty in pink...I hope you are feeling a little better after all that hard work yesterday. Your plants are gonna love all that new soil...Activon works pretty good. It is that stuff you rub on.....Have fun I wish I could play out in the dirt with you.....Barb

• 15 years ago

Here is my Pink Charm from last year. She really enjoys the warmer weather.

{{gwi:462508}}

• 15 years ago

very pretty xeriscape!

• 15 years ago

Lucy... thanks, as always, to you, for starting our days with such beautiful pics.

Daniella... where is your mind, girl!? Now I am hesitant to say that I like the tree forms, as well. Stop thinking what your thinking! Stop it!

Xeriscape... What a beauty! Really amazing.

Bob

• 15 years ago

lmao..my mind is where it always is :)
    *pointing finger* Lucy started it ;p

OK, now I have to stop..we have a kid here now!
    I'll be a good girl :)

• 15 years ago

LOL Sometimes I don't know how these things get taken is such a differnt direction. Daniella and Lucy, you each get 10 minutes in time out. :)
    All I am going to say is that I really like how the tendrils on this one curl back, and that color is amazing.
    Shawn

• 15 years ago

Geeze I worked last night (was actually busy) slept all day today and wake up and yall have been busy today!!!! Lucy I LOVE the pink charm, pink is my favorite color. I hope everyone had a good day and enjoys the rest of their evening!!! As far as having a 16 yo in here, I have found my 16yo can teach me a thing or 2, she just tries to hide her knowledge from me, which as a mom might be a good thing!

Mary

• 15 years ago

Well I am glad we all got a giggle or two. I mean, laughing is suppose to be good for you. you know lol.

xeriscape yours looks a lot darker. Very beautiful!Well you are in FL lol and that one looks a lot OLDER. How old is yours?

Lucy

• 15 years ago

I hadn't noticed the Ft Lauderdale reference and zone for Xeriscape. Tells me that this would be a good Brug for me. The color is so rich.

Bob

• 15 years ago

Yes Bob it's an excellent heat loving brug. It grows super fast during the summer months and blooms oct thru july in 5-6 week intervals but you almost always will have one or two blooms somewhere on the plant.
    Lucy I got mine from Shirley Moor the seedling parent as a trial brug about 3 years ago. She is a very large standard (about 8' tall) in a 20 gallon pot. This time of year the blossoms are lighter than pictured above. It's the warmer weather that brings out the deep rich colors. Mine is flushing right now and the blooms appear a bit tired from the sun. Here's a pic I just ran out an took. Excuse my tied up blossoms. Those flowers have been pollinated and I don't want the bees contaminating my crosses.
    {{gwi:462509}}

• 15 years ago

Xeriscape... well it looks great now, also. Do you keep all of your Angels in pots, or do you grow some in the ground? What are your reasons?

Bob

• 15 years ago

Lucy & xeriscape:
    Both of your flowers are beautiful.
    Lucy; Do you have any stray/extra cuttings of that one?
    Wife want's one.
    Princealbert

• 15 years ago

Princealbert I wish. All my mother plants died back to the soil level because the shed was not warm enough for all the freezing nights we had and this was my first winter with brugs.

Lucy

• 15 years ago

Lucy:

Sorry they died back.
    The noids that I have in the ground did rather well. I build a lean-to house on the south side of the main house every year.
    Gotta go . am picking up a 10 x 12 greenhouse today.
    Princealbert

• 15 years ago

Bob most of my Angels are grown in pots. The reason being that I live in a cottage that rent. I've been here for 5 years. Until the economy crashed I had visions of getting into another house of my own so Angels were grown in pots to make them portable...but the pots keep getting bigger...and bigger...and bigger!!!! I will need two uhauls to move them if I eventually do move into a house.

• 15 years ago

Lucy, and xeriscape, that is just beautiful. I think the darkest one I have is Xena, no pictures yet, its too small. I hope it is a beautiful as yours. Barbra

• 15 years ago

First to answer Lucy's question, I like the tree shape best because it allows the blooms to be showcased.

Pink Charm is a real beauty. I didn't realize the blooms get so dark and who can resist those long tendrils?

Lucy, sorry to hear you lost the top growth of your brugs to the cold, but hopefully the roots will send up some shoots for ya.

Princealbert, congrats on the new GH. I wish I had room in the backyard to put one. Wonder if the neighbors would mind if I put one in the front yard. lol

Deb

• 15 years ago

I have actually thought about putting a greenhouse in the front yard, then planting heavily around it. Don't know if I'd be able to get away with that? No worries anymore, since buying the lot next-door. I see a greenhouse in my future. Costco's got them for about $700.00! I can wait till fall, I guess, though.

Xeriscape... hopefully that permanent home will come soon. At least the real estate values are coming down. I think that, soon, it will be a good time to jump in!

Bob

• 15 years ago

xeriscape you need to start doing the pot in pot planting lol That way you just take out the little pot when it is time to store them and re plant them same way in new season. Little pot has to have holes drilled all around the sides so roots go out that way and not the bottom. Not sure if you heard of this, but I have read that lots of people do this with their brugs.
    Lucy