Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vaskirt

any one have a memory like me ?

16 years ago

My Dh and I planted something yesterday afternoon. We marked it with a nice little stake so we could watch out for it until it got up out of the ground good. Well, this afternoon... I kept looking at that spot, I could not remember what we planted.. so you know what I did don't you ? I pulled that mulch back and dug in the ground like a dog till I found it... a banana tree !! Boy did I feel stupid ..

Comments (18)

• 16 years ago

LOL Edna I'm not that bad yet. LOL I just put a little flag in the ground and then I know not to plant anything else there. LOL I may not remember what I planted but I know not to dig in the same location. I don't know how many times I'd say oh something would look real pretty there, to dig and hit a bulb or something else that was already there. DUH.

I use alot of those little orange or pink flags like they mark phone lines, water lines and so forth with. Of course they do add alot of color to your gardens. LOL Most of the time I cut most of the wire off so the flag is fairly close to the ground. I have also been know to write on the with a sharpie what I planted, the date, and where I got the plant.

Don't feel bad we all do something like that from time to time. Just seems like they are getting closer together the older I get. LOL

Happy Gardening, and digging and digging and digging....
    Love Marian

• 16 years ago

I do stuff like that all the time. Heck half the time I even forget to mark the spot and end up digging it up by mistake while planting something else.
    Karyn

• 16 years ago

I did worse than that. I had some kind of bulb planted and I kept thinking I need to put something in that bare spot. Well I was about to plant something there and I said dang grass in growing in here too and pulled it and it broke off then when I dug the hole I found a bulb with a green broke piece on it. Waaahaaa! I have no idea what it is, lol. I think it came out of that ladies yard I dug up stuff from last year when she was going to enlarge her drive way and tear everything out. She had rented the house for 7 years and whoever lived there had planted all sorts of stuff everywhere. One of the things I got was just a little twig with some green leaves and it turned into the nicest little bush with red flowers that the hummingbirds love. Some kind of salvia I think. I tucked the little bulb back in and hope it keeps growing into something nice, lol.

• 16 years ago

?????What was the question?????
    LOL
    Dimples

• 16 years ago

LOL... Yes I have done that...I CRS

• 16 years ago

Edna

Been there - done that! Many, many times! lol!

Mike

• 16 years ago

Not Maw! Never!!..lol

• 16 years ago

Memory? What memory? What was the question? And who dug up the hippeastrum bulbs I just planted?
    Tally HO!

• 16 years ago

I have three differant seedlings coming up and I have no idea what I planted,so yes I have NO memory.
    Bonnie

• 16 years ago

Somehow I need to learn how to use this OLD thing to my advantage...LOL
    Some of ya'll who CRS can not ever scream OLD!!!LOL
    You are to young for that!!!

• 16 years ago

I can.lol I use that excuse all the time,you can't take that away from me Kylie, if you do then all I can say is..Its because I am a Duh Huh.Lol

• 16 years ago

Thanks!! I'm not the only one!!
    Bonnie

• 16 years ago

What is CRS, please? Gloria

• 16 years ago

Its stands for Can't Remember *hit. Lol. replace the askrick with an s.

• 16 years ago

LOL That would be me..CRS!!!
    While I can remember..LOL I have a couple of things going out.. Kristy and Karen and Karyn.. I will send a confirmation # but they should get there on Monday or Tuesday.. Kristy I may need to send 2 boxes.. ...
    I am so excited !!!!
    If NOT I will let you know ..We need to do some Brandin and Haul Cattle...Those are usually very early days...our PO closes at noon..I'll stay in touch!!!
    Kylie

• 16 years ago

I don't remember the question!?? LOL Must be Alzheimers--NOPE maybe Anheusers! Now darn! Where did I put that beer????

• 16 years ago

Not me, well at least not having to do with plants. However, I did forget my sister's birthday, and I didn't realize that my car tags were expiring! Rushed to DMV to renew, but learned I also needed a smog check, rats! They've given me an extension through the end of May. I didn't get the renewal in the mail, which is what I respond to.

• 16 years ago

No hurry Kylie. Thanks a lot. I have plenty of planting to keep me busy already, lol. I am going to have to make another bed I can see already. The guy is coming to till up the one for the gazebo. It was supposed to be small. Just around the edges but I think I see an enlargement of the plans happening, lol. You guys are all so great.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County