Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_sword

Here we go again!

The National Hurricane center is saying Hurricane Ike is on his way to the most of the Florida but closer to SW Florida by Tuesday/Wednesday. That means I've got to do it all over again pick up all the plants off the trees and the ground. What a pain in the *$ :-(. I need a shade house with the shutters or get rid of all my plants(I don't really want to do that).

Please keep all of us in your prayers!

Jan

Comments (12)

• 15 years ago

Jan, I don't know how you and others keep it all together. Being bombarded by all these potently dangerous storms, month after month, year after year.
    I'll be keeping you and all others in the path of these monsters in my thoughts. Please stay safe everyone.

Annette

• 15 years ago

When I see how people who live in Florida grow such nice plants. I wish I lived there also, but not at these times. I hope every one stays safe while the Hurricane passes.

Cindy

• PRO
    15 years ago

Annette & Cindy, thanks for your good thoughts.
    Annette, actually we have 5 months of hurricane season. The rest of the time we forget all about the hurricane season because it is so nice. Terrible price to pay to live in the paradise.
    Cindy, I don't want to be here at these times either. LOL

• 15 years ago

I live in a "hurricane country", too, so I know how horrible they are! Please take care.

Xuan

• 15 years ago

Jan, I always get asked why do I want to live in tornado alley. But I think I would much rather have a tornado sneak up on me than have to worry about a hurricane for days.

Stay Safe! Jo

• 15 years ago

Jan,Looks like I will doing the same thing you are...only this one is way worse than T.S. "Fay" this one is predicted
    to be a Cat.3 or 4. Thanks for all the kind thoughts for us that live in Hurricane alley, and yes, we appreciate all the extra prayers...Let's all hope and pray for the best...

• 15 years ago

Jan, I do understand how hard you had to deal with the hurricane.
    About Jan,1999, we have ice storm in NC, my greenhouse with full of orchids was crashed by 3 pine trees on top. I tried to save as much as I can, crawling under the rain and cold. I lost 2/3 of it, luckily, my insurance covered it so I can built a new one.
    Courage and good luck
    sue

• PRO
    15 years ago

Xuan, do you get the hurricanes often? please be safe!
    Jo, I like the fact that we can prepare somewhat to protect ourselves and pets.
    Pug, things look a little bit better than yesterday. The projected path turned slightly southwest but almost whole state of Florida is in danger.
    Sue, I am glad your insurance covered your GH.

I believe in power of prayers, Keep all of us in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you all!!!

Jan

• 15 years ago

We have the (excellent) weather, but not the storms.

I have no idea how you East Coasters maintain the way that you do.

Prayers, blessings and deepest regard for you.
    Please be safe, all.

• 15 years ago

Oh! Not again!

Take care and take cover!

• 15 years ago

Vietnam is in the hurricane path and every year we got hit for about 10+ times, mostly in the central and the north. The hurricanes always come with hard rain and landslide up north and flood in the central. Some years, the damage has been very bad, Jan, with loss of lives as well as properties! And... people are not covered by insurance because they ... don't buy insurance! That makes it the more difficult after the hurricanes!

Xuan

• PRO
    15 years ago

Things are looking a lot better for us Floridians. The power of prayers are working. Thank you!
    Please continue to pray for safety of all the people & pets in the path of Ike.

Sponsored