Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

sooooo.... at the auction tonight

17 years ago

a certain little mosaic table sold for....

five thousand dollars!!!!!!!!

I'll write that again

brought me to tears!

Comments (37)

• 17 years ago

WOOOOOO-HOOOOO!!
    That's our Nicethyme!!

Yipee!!
    How exciting!!!

Great Job!!

Maria

• 17 years ago

You made it ??? What did I miss ?

• 17 years ago

THAT IS AWSOME!! BUT I HAD NO DOUBT! That table was just beautiful and the story behind it. I have tears in my eyes.
    You are a gift.

• 17 years ago

That is awesome. Congrats

• 17 years ago

What a great tribute to you.

Congratulations!!

• 17 years ago

Wow!!!

• 17 years ago

That is soooooo great!!! I AM SO JAZZED....YOU MUST BE ON CLOUD NINE..okay...fanning myself a little...whew.....Nice what a lasting memory you will have for the rest of your life!!! Congratulations!!!! Pat yourself on the back...heck hug yourself...you deserve it!!!

Did you know the people that bought it?? I'll bet they bid for a long time. Was it a silent auction??? Ahh so many questions!!!!

• 17 years ago

Wow, that is just great. You must be so proud, the table was gorgeous and full of character,congratulations!!
    Cindy

• 17 years ago

I want to know what your husband has to say about your work, now?????????????????????????????????????????????

• 17 years ago

Everyone here at GW had no doubts that your table would bring in the BIG BUCKS!!!! What an awesome feeling it must be for you to know how much your work was appreciated! Fantastic job from a fantastic person!!!!!

Barb

• 17 years ago

Congratulations! That is so fantastic, but then I think we all knew it would do very well.

• 17 years ago

How absolutely thrilling !!! I could hardly wait to get on the computer this morning to see how things went. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo !!!!! As the artist...the conceptualist, I feel you should take a bow. :)

another Chris

• 17 years ago

Congratulations! It must have been so exciting to hear the bidding, we are all so proud of you!!

• 17 years ago

Wow, nicethyme, that is absolutely AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

Barbara

• 17 years ago

You are the true artist amoung us!!! Congrats to you and all the little artists. I'm glad you took pictures of it. WOW!!!

• 17 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhh -- THat's the table ! DUH .......... THere are so many pretty projects going on here - I forgot which one it was ! That is awesome what it sold for !!!
    Congratulations !!! Stay on cloud 9 as long as you want --- --- !!!

• 17 years ago

Thankyou all, I was and still am a bit shocked. It sold during the live auction portion of the evening. It was the second item to go up, I think because it was known that it would stir up the crowd and also that folks might hold back on other items to save funds for the table.

When she (auctioneer) said, "oh lets do the table next I think I've heard alot of interest in this..." People all over the room stood up and waved their paddles. She started it at 500 and it was quickly over 3500 with lots of bidders then suddenly someone in the back signaled they were going to 5000 and that scared off the rest. lol A grandmother of one of the boys in the class had introduced herself earlier to me at the silent auction and I had been told by a few people that she was determined and would willingly go to ten thousand if need be. (wow) after she got it, I went back to her table and hugged her and thanked her and she said, "now, you know you'll have to make one next year too..."

EEKS! lol

it was certainly thrilling and I recieved hugs and thanks from the class teachers and lots of compliments through the evening.

• 17 years ago

I'm still excited for you!!

So, yes, what did DH have to say???????????

Maria

• 17 years ago

How wonderful!!
    Lucky gal who bought it.
    Did you get visitation rights???

• 17 years ago

I am crying in JOY!! And am jumping up and down cheering!!!
    What a beautiful and touching story this has been! I feel so blessed to have all of you sharing these adventures with me!!! I just can't get over how much you accomplished with this one project, Nice!!! It's truly "Over The TOP!!" inspiring!!!

• 17 years ago

Shrty, he's not one to gush compliments but I could tell he was really proud of me. The first day that it went on display he asked me for a copy of the story I wrote so that he could tape it to the table (sooo he even thought that was good!) When the bidding ended he got right on the phone to call DDs at home and tell them the news. Yep, I think he really liked it.

then this morning he said he ran into a nieghbor at the gas station and they had a good laugh about my bottle tree! So... I pondered aloud, "how many half marbles do you think it would take to cover it?" he looked scared! LOL!!!!

• 17 years ago

Wooohoooo! Congratulations! So I guess this means you have the highest auction piece now too? It must have been exciting hearing the bidding going up & up. I'm so happy for you. You deserve every bit of praise for the work, the stories, and all the memories you have made for people.

• 17 years ago

I'm so glad Hubby is as proud of you as WE are!!! I gotta get a bottle tree happening!!!

• 17 years ago

Oh Nice,I couldn'g wait to come in from the ranch to see how your table did.That is fantastic..I know everyone at home amd here is proud of you.What a fantastic job you did ...sit in a hot bubble bath with a glass of wine and just picture your pretty table in someones home ..you deserve it.Annie

• 17 years ago

So excited for you Nice! that is so wonderful!!!
    So happy for you!!
    Except for the fact that you are "expected" to do another!
    Congrats!!!!!

Hazie

• 17 years ago

Congratulations, Nice!!! I knew you would get a big response on that one. I'm so glad your talents were appreciated. You are an outstanding artist!

• 17 years ago

I think you got a very high compliment from you DH!!

Maria

• 17 years ago

Was too busy w/weekend guests to check on the auction results Sat. night. There was no surprise here, that your table would bring lots of money. I am just speechless, though, in trying to express my awe at your talent, so just know in your heart how I admire your work, your abilities, and my expectations that you'll go even further with this new-found hobby. So glad your DH is coming around to appreciate it all. I can't wait to read what you plan to do next.

• 17 years ago

I girl I too am so proud of you you desearve all the praise.
    Way to go girl.

• 17 years ago

Congratulations! How rewarding is that! You did an amazing job on this and it is a work of art from your heart and soul. I am thrilled for you. How proud you must be...and rightfully so! YaHoooooo

• 17 years ago

WOO-HOO! What a great compliment to praise your work with a final price like that! I'm so happy for you! The most amazing part is the time! Seems like you just mentioned it the other day, and then it was done! Good for you! The winner will enjoy it each day! Jennie

• 17 years ago

IMO, well worth it in every way!!!!!! BRAVO!!! Like every one here, I've been watching the progress of the table from start to finish. Your kindness in doing such a thing has been overwhelming and I'm I'm so happy that the auction received such a price for such a priceless piece of art which is full of heart and giving!!

• 17 years ago

I only show up here occasionally and I have missed all the background on this!

• 17 years ago

Oh, NICE! I'm playing catch up with the forum after having spent the last couple months tending kittens. I am SPEECHLESS--with joy and happiness over your creation. I'm sure every parent whose child participated is equally proud of what you all have achieved. Your talent really shown through on this project. The tabletop is absolutely BREATHTAKING and if you didn't know the history no one would know it was designed by children! SO special. I bow to your mastery, my friend.....

• 17 years ago

Rosemary! awe thanks hon. We've been missing you and all your beautiful creations around here!

and to anyone who may come across this "strange" thread
    here is the link to the beginning of it all

Here is a link that might be useful: auction table part 1

• 17 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• 17 years ago

Nicethyme, I am SO PROUD of you! That is just so amazing!

GGG

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH