Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

How can I cross post to KT “The Kitchen Table” if tkt

last year

How can I x-post to HDC and KT if The Kitchen Table isn’t on cross post offerings?

If I begin at KT, HDC isn’t in options.

What am I missing?

Comments (17)

• last year
    last modified: last year

I have the same problem.

UPDATE: Olychick solved my problem. It's there plain as day: THE Kitchen Table.

petalique thanked graywings123
  • last year

Change browsers. For me, it works in Chrome but not in Firefox.

It might make a difference if you are on the GW platform instead of Houzz.

petalique thanked Lars
  • last year

When I want to cross post on both, I start here and use the search feature when choosing the forum, just typing 'the kitchen' brings up The Kitchen Table for me.

I'm using Firefox, BTW.

petalique thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • last year

Finding The Kitchen Table is not intuitive because it's alphabetized by T instead of K. Sometimes I prefer to do 2 posts because the participants in these two forums can be very different and I prefer to not mix them up. I like Convos being a little separate.

petalique thanked Olychick
  • last year

Carol, it is interesting that it works for you in Firefox, but it does not work for me. I'm using a PC, but in L.A. I have a desktop with Windows 10, and in the desert (where I am now), I have a laptop with Windows 11. In both cases, I have to use Chrome to cross post The Kitchen Table with here.

I also find these two forum to be quite different and only wanted to cross post when I accidentally started a thread here that I meant for KT.

petalique thanked Lars
  • last year

Thanks, everyone. Interesting how browsers and plaatform make a difference.

I am using an ipad with safari. Voice typing into the forums is impossible. Ditto w trying to edit or select text.

Stay cool and have a great weekend, everyone.

• last year

I'm mostly on an iMac, so OSX platform here. I actually have more trouble with Chrome than Firefox now, because my OS is old. I have to move back and forth between browsers sometimes to do certain things 🙄

My phone and tablet are Android. I don't think I've ever started a post using either of those devices.

• last year

Petalique, I have never figured it out using Safari either. I finally gave up and just don’t cross post. If I want the other side to be informed I just make 2 posts. It’s hard enough just to type anything coherent.

petalique thanked OutsidePlaying
  • last year

Thanks again, folks. Good idea, outsideplaying.

• last year

I have to start the post on HDC and then I can add The Kitchen Table. I can't do it the other way as HDC isn't an option when I scroll down.

petalique thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • last year

Annie, I tried it that way; also the other way. Different days, weeks.

See? For some reason, it was never on my list of options. I think a year ago I could do it. Odd.

• last year

Did you try this yet? IMPE, using the search function is quicker than scrolling to find something.

I haven't tried recently, but using the search to try to find HD Conversations never worked for me in the past.

• last year

Yes, I believe I tried that.

• last year

Petalique, you didn't scroll down far enough. That screenshot is from the Garden section list of forums, you want to be in the Home section list of forums.

petalique thanked graywings123
  • last year

I will look again, graywings. Thanks.

I did scroll up and down the entire list of offerings and didn’t see TKT. I think the first grouping was for gardening, the second large grouping was more for home.

It may be the way this particular browser version works w these forums. I will experiment more when I have time.

• last year

I think it's clear that HDC is a hidden forum on that list. if you want to cross post with TKT, you need to start here. I don't think there is any way to do that from TKT.

• last year

i just did a test and found that I can cross post to KT from here. I'm using Windows 11 on a laptop with gardenweb platform and Firefox browser. However, as Carol said, I cannot cross post to here from KT.

I'm pretty sure that I was unable to do this when I was using Windows 10 - at least that is what I remember.

There are only rare occasions when I would want to cross post these two forums - and those are mostly when I have health concerns.