14 years ago

Today's harvest (biggest darn cuke i've ever seen! lol):

{{gwi:49636}}

African Violet blooming again! Yay!!!

{{gwi:49637}}

Some bell pepper ripening pics from a few days ago:

{{gwi:49638}}

{{gwi:49639}}

And finally, the final pic of the "Hyponex Experiment" Jalapeno plant. I'l going to leave it in the soil (not pull it) to see also how good Hyponex does with respawns. I'll write up the final Hyponex Experiment results sometime soon & post them.

{{gwi:49640}}

Peace - Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve's Garden

Comments (5)

• 14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

/down with link spam

• 14 years ago

Hey, spaghetina. I posted a reply already on my Hyponex Experiment Reults thread, so I can't post another one for a few or until someone else posts or however that works, so since you feel you must personally attack all my threads, here's what I was going to post as a reply...

wow...lol...calm down, k? The link above is to my blog, but it doesn't go to my main page, it goes straight to the Hyponex Experiment results & that is all. I imagine i'm not the only one who would like to type up all that text and HTML only once instead of one time for each seperate forum. That makes sense. Of course, not everyone in this world has common sense. There is no trick involved in my posting the link to the experiment results, as you seem to think. Let's see what happens when I place my mouse over the link, not clicking on it (hrm...I wonder what's on the hyponex-experiment-story-results.html page??). I bet if I didn't care for that or want to click on it, I could probably prevent myself from clicking that mouse button & following the link just like anyone, including you, can do. Yea, cool isn't it? =)

I know full well what, scientifically, is necessary to run an experiment. I did have a control plant. Maybe before you verbally attack someone, you can read up and actually know what you're talking about first? Or continue your insults, if you prefer.

So, speaking of etiquette, your cursing, insulting my injury, etc. is proper? What do you think? Well, as you state, it doesn't matter what we think. The Terms of Service on GardenWeb are what we must follow, which unfortunately, you did not. GW has been notified. Have a good day. Cheer up, k? =)

- Steve

• 14 years ago

Um, who needs to calm down? I didn't verbally attack you. I told you get outta here with the same link spamming b.s. You've spammed your blog link and been asked not to by many people before. Fact. You've apologized because you realized it was wrong of you, and gave an excuse as to why it happened. Fact. So, what's the big deal? You did it again, I called you on it, and asked you to stop. Now, since you've stated that your blog post is the conclusion to this experiment of yours, I can only hope that the blog promotion will cease. Or at least take a break. I don't need to see it at the top of all the forums I visit on a daily basis, perched there, because nobody has anything to say about it.

And if we're going to go on about the common sense issue, and how I seem to know nothing of your "experiment" or GW, or anything for that matter, common sense would tell you that copy + paste exists so that you don't have to rewrite anything you've already written, and common sense and reading comprehension would tell you that in order to reply to the other post, all you'd need to do is change the reply subject. There, now maybe you've learned something today, instead of being so reactionary and defensive and just getting a blood pressure spike because someone dared to say something to you about your forum etiquette.

And yes, people know beforehand that they're clicking on a link to a "Hyponex experiment", but not everyone knows the source, and so curiosity gets the best of a lot of new visitors. They, in turn, give you blog hits. And we, as a collective, have to endure you thinking that that somehow means that people are terribly invested in your project (and admittedly, some may be), and continuing on posting nothing but your link.

I have no issues with you, Steve, so get that out of your head, and don't be so sensitive. If you're going to post, for the sake of all that is holy, USE COPY AND PASTE. Paste the information contained in your blog before linking it, or at least write something relevant in your GW post so it doesn't look like such a shameless plug.

That. Is. All. I. Was. Saying.

• 14 years ago

Didn't verbally attack me?

"GTFOutta here with this b.s., Steve, and don't blame it on the meds and a depressing diagnosis again, please."

What does that "F" stand for. What about "b.s."?

If someone with a disability (for example, we'll use down syndrome) comes up to talk to you do you tell them to stop blaming the way they talk or their attitude on medications & their disability? That's beyond insulting & very cold-hearted. I'm guessing you are in perfect health. I hope you pray for forgiveness next time you attend church.

You are not a GardenWeb admin, so keep your personal opinions to yourself, unless forum/thread rellated. Maybe if you'd just posted something like, "Why did you just post a link & not the actual results?" Something not so belittling, I would have used copy & paste, and pasted it into the thread.

How do you know I was reprimanded for blog spamming before, which is not what this was? That was way before you supposedly signed up, according to your profile & about impossible to find with a search, unless you know exactly what you're looking for. Have you been a GW member before under a different name maybe & got kicked off for some reason (...), so you had to sign back up?

Drop the act. I don't know if you had a bad day or have something in your life going on where you feel you need to take it out on someone online, who can't do much about it or what.

So, if, as you say, you have no issues with me, then why such a rude insulting post? I may be sounding repetitive, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense. Let me repost your reply. Read this sgain & tell me truthfully that you do not think you are cursing or insulting me.

"Seriously? This again?? (In the veggie forum, the tomato forum, the soil forum, and who knows where else?)
    GTFOutta here with this b.s., Steve, and don't blame it on the meds and a depressing diagnosis again, please. I'm pretty sure that only gives you a free pass to spam-land once.

/bump down"

If you seriously do not think there's any problem with that post, then you have a major attitude/ego problem. Make sure you get in as many replies/new topics as you can soon cuz i'm not sure how long you'll be able to post on here anymore. Unfortunately, you are the only one who thinks your thread reply was fine. I have no more time to waste on your lousy attitude. Reply if you want, but don't think i'll be reading it.

• 14 years ago

The "f" and "b.s." are parts of acronyms to keep my language here pg-13. Even if I ran around all day cursing at the top of my lungs, it wouldn't be an attack, and believe me, if I were cursing you out, you'd know it. If I called you an idiot, which I didn't, THAT would be an attack. If I told you that your disability somehow made you less of a person, THAT would be an attack. What I DID say was to cut it out, and in subsequent posts, that the last time you ran around posting nothing but your blog link all the heck over GW, you saw all the replies of people agreeing that they'd had enough (the reprimand I was talking about, since you seem to have missed it or forgotten that other people agreed with me about your link spam), and you apologized, citing a newly diagnosed medical condition and a depressive alcohol binge.

As for your speculation about my gardenweb account and my "act", lol, you couldn't possibly be more off base. This is the same handle I use at every website I belong to, and if I'd ever been banned, this would have been the one account to go. Sorry, your feeble attempt to somehow discredit me is kind of silly. Additionally, you haven't any idea how many threads I've read through or how many searches, specific or not, I've done to glean information pertinent to my own gardening endeavors. I've come across posts regarding this "experiment" more times than I can recall, dating back to the very beginning of your "18 month" (according to your post here, and 18 weeks according to your blog post... hmm) "trial". THIS was not "way before" I signed up, either.

This has nothing to do with what kind of person I am, and if you knew my history, you'd have nothing more to say on the matter, and everything to do with the fact that opening up every forum I frequent and seeing the same post sitting at the top of each one is annoying, repetitive and unnecessary. You drawing parallels to my telling you to stop spamming and blaming it on being drunk after being diagnosed with bursitis, to me telling someone with Down's Syndrome to stop talking to me, is so laughable. As far as how I should have approached you, so that maybe THEN you would have used copy and paste, all I can say is... what??? How does that make any sense? You had already spammed all the forums with your link. At that point, it was done. You SHOULD have copied and pasted your information in the new post to begin with, and you should have kept said posts to a maximum of two forums.

If you want to talk about breaking TOS, here's one for you that YOU'VE broken, but I won't bother reporting it to GW because saying it directly to is enough for me:

"Often a topic is appropriate to more than one forum. For instance, a question about growing roses in Minnesota would be appropriate in both the Roses Forum and in the Northern Gardening Forum and could be posted in either forum. We ask that you do not submit the same posting to more than two forums."

Your threats really don't bother me. Anyone can visit the other forums you've been to and clearly see how you have broken TOS repeatedly, so I think we have a little case of the pot calling the kettle black. I appreciate all of your posts where you actually have something to say, rather than having something to link, and I appreciate that you've put time and effort into a blog, but linking it in 6 forums is too, too much, and this isn't the first time it's happened. And while we're on the subject of this pot and kettle thing, I'd like to see how you'd like to explain away some of the things you've said to me in response, but since you're totally not going to read this, and since you already told me you'd "say no more", I probably won't get a reply, unless you were just talking out of your - well, you know... ;)

Oh, and being that this is an internet forum, I'm pretty sure personal opinions are half of what makes this place go 'round. Not only was my post relevant to yours, but it was full of factual tidbits that you, yourself, fessed up to in an earlier thread. If your feelings were hurt, sorry.

But if nothing else, it appears that you've learned how to use copy & paste, so at least maybe some good has come of this. Down with repetitive link spam. Up with informative posts, and good times! If you can keep it to the latter, we'll probably never butt heads again.

Have a nice day, Steve (because I know you're reading this, as much as you want to pretend that you can't be bothered to). :)