Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annielu_gw

my daddy's planter

16 years ago

My Dad passed away in March and when we were cleaning the yard, we couldn't decide what to do with this, so I decided to take it home with me. My Daddy was an original "junker"!!!!! He made this and had it on the front porch. Something I will cherish forever!!!

Image link: {{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• 16 years ago

Oh how neat that is, I don't blame you I would have taken it home also, what a great memory that will be for time to come.

• 16 years ago

That is a great planter with special meaning. Having special memories of your Dad everytime you look at it will make it even more wonderful.

• 16 years ago

Your post reminded me of my post of last week of my Dad's garden chairs. Your planter will remind you of your father everytime you look at it... every time you plant it up. What a great treasure to have. I'm so glad you brought it home. Sounds like your father was a very special man and dad! (And he was a "junker" on top of that!) I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Keep the memories alive... Blessings, Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: My Original Post

• 16 years ago

Annielu, what a special thing to have to decorate in your Dad's honor. I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad lives with me but is 82 and bad health so I cherish each day never knowing about the next. I do feel a little sadness that I will have nothing so tangible to see daily as you and Kirk and others tho. I think it would be priceless to have something made by a Dad or Mom. I have terrific memories of her, and will of him, but only memories as neither one did any sort of crafting. I will have to come up with something for my garden on my own. Dad will be easy for me, he's as patriotic as they come and was a career military man thru three wars (Korean, WW II, and Vietnam). But for those of you who have "made" things, hope you always remember what treasures you hold.

hugs, Karen

• 16 years ago

I would have taken it home too!! It's a treasure.

• 16 years ago

That's a sweet thing to remember your Dad with :)

• 16 years ago

That would be awesome for those who cannot bend down to garden!I had my dad mix and form a frog stepping stone, then mosaic it.I dont even mind its three eyes!

• 16 years ago

You might consider using it as a portable potting station too. It looks like you could move it around with you as you weed, plant, and prune. Keep a few small pots on the bottom shelf, along with a pair of pruning shears and some rooting hormone. Potting medium in the top, you can stick your cuttings as fast as you can clip them!

I have some things like this from my Dad and Mama. I would not take anything for them. Treasurers they are.

Janie

• 16 years ago

How wonderful!! It will look so nice as it grows!!!