Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

picture of the day *21* Who is coming for dinner at your house

15 years ago

A very warm and hearty good morning to everyone.

Hope today brings CHANGE to you! WEATHER change that is.

And I know that even the warmer zones could probably use it. Daughter is cold in Orlando...so has your weather changed any?

Here is still everything the way it is. Deer still come right up to the door and eat. Were are those hunters when you need them?

I know, they ask too, where are those deer? Well guys and gals...they are all in MY yard cause no hunting in city limits ha ha ha ha ha
{{gwi:443398}}From Picture of the day for the year 2009

Have a wonderful day.

May it bring you little suprises. Yesterday I got 2!!from Theresa and Edna in form of seeds and I got busy with them already. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Lucy

Comments (15)

• 15 years ago

Great SHOT! Isn't hunting season over??? They always seem to know. LOL
    Dorothy

• 15 years ago

Dorothy yes it is. Deb's husband hunts and I told her....send him here lol. They are all at my house lol

I was so happy to get a close up shot with the new camera. Now I can send my mom some pictures. She remembers all the animals she got to see in a CITY when she was here for a visit many many moons ago

Lucy

• 15 years ago

Good morning all! Lucy, do the deer eat and destroy your garden? I hope you are able to get them away before they do.

• 15 years ago

Eloise I have everything fenced in that I need to protect from them :-( When it reaches the fence edge. They come and eat it off.
    As beautiful as they are, they are a nuasence (sp) ...great minds go to work on that work spelling ha ha ha

Ok off to get busy. It is suppose to get over 70 F today!

AND climbing to almost 80 they said this morning for tomorrow.
    Daughter called a short while ago complaining that she has 30 F in Orlando and not going up over 50 for today. She hates it lol.

Lucy

• 15 years ago

Have a magnolia tree I planted last year. A deer tore the top out of it with its horns. Wanted to cry! They didn't eat just massed up the shape. Hopefully it will come back out pretty again.
    70 degrees LUCY I am soooo jealous!!! We will be in the 40's again today! I am COLD! My toes are COLD ( even with Linda's socks on ) LOL
    Dorothy

• 15 years ago

SHe's a beauty! How could you wanna hurt a deer? Even though they taste pretty yummy, lol. Don't get me wrong, I am all for hunting, as long as you do it right, and are doing it for food. I guess I still like them cuz they don't eat my gardens, lol. Only had 1 in the yard here so far, and that was just a run thru. But ya gotta remember..the animals were here first..we are on THEIR land, invading THEIR homes. That subject alone really ticks me off..I dont even wanna get started.
    I'll never forget the 1st time my son saw a dead deer my brother got..that poor lil boy cried his eyes out when he realized it was dead.

I dont even wanna talk about weather..grumble grumble..

• 15 years ago

Gonna be a beautiful day and of course I have the flu or some crud and can't do anything. Maybe I'll drag my bed outside and lay out there, lol. Thank god for Nyquil, dayquil and pseudofed. Need to go make me some hot tea for my throat. I'll check back in later if I'm awake. Pretty deer Lucy as long as he isn't eating your pretty plants, lol. I always take people up there to see them when they visit. Its funny to see huge herds of deer right in your subdivision. They come down the hill to the shop and snack every now and then.

• 15 years ago

Great picture Lucy!!....They sure are cute though :)

Hope you have a GREAT day as well....

knotz

• 15 years ago

Awe! Bambi! Great picture Lucy!
    Susan

• 15 years ago

It was 80 today!! I could have easily spared a few degrees for the colder regions. Bob that does not include a one day cold spell ha ha ha ha

Yes it breaks your heart when the deer destroy your trees. HOpe the Magnolia will make it!!

Kristy you sure raise your hand everytime the flu comes buy :-( HOpe you shake it real fast!

Lucy

• 15 years ago

Ah Lucy, she looks so beautiful. They are trouble in the gardens though. I had a buck rub his antlers and quite a few of my young trees and killed them a couple years ago. Now, I have to protect everything too.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

~Tj~

• 15 years ago

Beautiful picture Lucy!
    Thank you for sharing!
    We have alot of deer around our place too, I cant plant
    sweet corn in the garden, they clean it out every year.
    Grumble!

Karen

• 15 years ago

So that's where all the deer are. I'll have to tell my DH that they're all at your place Lucy, he'll be so jealous. LOL
    Is that one reason you have fencing around your flower beds?

That's a great pic, how did you ever get it without scaring the deer off?

Deb

• 15 years ago

Tj that is what I have to do today. I bought some tree wrap and I hope I can safe the old old red tipped bushes that are almost trees from the buck rubbing his growing antlers on them :-(

Deb that one was not looking for dinner actually rofl. She was just making sure I do not come any further after I opened the front door. Then the rest did my zoom in camrea lol But they are very people friendly up here or don't care. Because it is very hard to get them moving out of your yard lol

YES whatever is small enough to fence it...you got to fence it ALL in. If they do not leave the old bushes alone. I will have no choice in fencing them in also.

Lucy

• 15 years ago

Lucy, great picture!

Theresa