Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noki_gw

Rebutia flowers

11 years ago

Anybody have any pics of plants this year? Rebutia or Sulcorebutia .

Here are my first flowers, a grocery store purchase that had a flower glued on top. Supposed to be Rebutia miniscula, thou I am not sure if that is a real name. Does anybody know?

Obnoxious pink

This post was edited by noki on Fri, May 10, 13 at 1:01

Comments (16)

• 11 years ago

Cute and nice bright blooms. Don't think the color's obnoxious. Wait 'til it covers the plant. :]
    I love these little guys. I just bought a rebutia naruazensis at a local cactus show.

Currently hunting for more...

This post was edited by aztcqn on Fri, May 10, 13 at 0:32

• 11 years ago

This Rebutia flavistyla just has it's first. I count over 20 potential flowers. Cool spines.

This post was edited by noki on Fri, May 10, 13 at 7:52

• 11 years ago

Sulcorebutia arenacea is a neat plant.

• 11 years ago

Lots of shiny lil bullets!

• 11 years ago

MIne have been putting on a show.

Rebutia krainziana
    {{gwi:539162}}

Rebutia albapilosa
    {{gwi:539163}}

• 11 years ago

I love your rebutia flowers

• 11 years ago

Also have a krainziana in bloom, not as spectacular as yours, wantonanmara.
    This little guy was acquired 2 weeks ago. No name. Just popped it's first bloom with me.

This post was edited by aztcqn on Sat, May 11, 13 at 2:21

• 11 years ago

Lovely array of colors!

• 11 years ago

I have seen one photograph of a R. krainziana that had orange and red blooms on the same cactus. some blooms had petals in both colors. whole petals one color and whole another color. I am wondering if it was a photographic effect OR an aging of the bloom effect or if they really were two colors. I know that it comes in Yellow red and orange. There is a lot of variation in the cactus ball too. Sometimes I think I like cactus because they keep me confused.

• 11 years ago

Rebutia/ Sulcorebutia seem to bloom better if they are given a period of close to freezing temps. Then they put on quite a show, albeit short-lived.

{{gwi:539164}}

• 11 years ago

I as looking at the hardiness for R. krainziana and I think this Spanish South American Forum gave it about a -4C (25F). so Freezing and not much below especially if it is in a small pot. They normally grow scrunched by rocks that would be heated up in the desert day by sun.

Did I mention my Spanish is not that good. I read better than I speak.

• 11 years ago

That is a nice pic of Rebutia albapilosa.

• 11 years ago

Great show of your fabulous Rebutia, everyone! Thanks a bunch!! :)

• 11 years ago

Orange in the sun

• 11 years ago

Sulcorebutia mentosa. A ridiculous purple/pink. I like the Sulocorebutia spines that make it look like it is crawling with bugs.

Oh well, they are a novelty to me at this point. I'll save the plants that interest me the most.

This post was edited by noki on Fri, May 17, 13 at 17:09

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!