Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faerieannette

I have plants to give away - in Annapolis

18 years ago

I posited them in the exchanges but I don't need anything for them. I wanted to post it here before I freecycle them.

One large Weigela

I am sorry but if you want it you will have to dig it out. I have been having some serious joint problems. Hopefully someone here or on freecycle will want it. It actually would have been sawed down by now if DH could get the hand-me-down chain saw working.

3 Leyland cypresses. I got from Home cheepo for $5 each last year they are nearly 5ft tall now. I dug em out because I am going to plant roses instead. There are not a lot of roots to them but they look okay nice and green though leggy. You will probably have to stake them.

I am in Annapolis so if your not far come and get them. I donâÂÂt think it is really worth a long drive though.

Comments (9)

• 18 years ago

Sweetie, are the Leeland cyprus gone?
    I'd love to have them. Don't they get really tall and about 10' wide?

I'm going over to my house to work, so I won't be back until late tonight. I'll email you my phone, OK? :)

Thanks,
    Christine

• 18 years ago

Christine they are yours! and yes they get huge.

• 18 years ago

LOL - day late.... Please let me know if Christine changes her mind about the cypress....

Our neighbor just had someone give them a 12 person hot tub and I'm looking for something to "block the view" - lol......

thanks much - ~~ janice ~~

(I'm in Baltimore)

• 18 years ago

Wallis104
    I have 1 Leyland cypress and 1 Green Giant arborvitae that you can have for the digging. Both are young and healthy, about 4-5' tall. The Green Giant looks like the leylands, but has a better root system and is supposedly more hardy.

I'm in Bel Air. If you see this, let me know quickly, since I'm leaving on vacation May 23 and won't be back until June 2. Of course, the little trees will still be there then . . .
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Lesley

• 18 years ago

Lesley that is great! Christine has made a new home for mine and surprised me with some thing too!!!! yay!

• 18 years ago

I think Wallis ought to get the cypress by default!
    The possibility of seeing someone in a Speedo who should not be in a Speedo is a ghastly thought.

• 18 years ago

who wears a Speedo in a hot tub? you know that they are naked!!!

• 18 years ago

Annette,
    I've been pet sitting in Bethesda and off-line.
    Thanks so much for the cyprus.

Your gardens are looking beautiful. I can tell you've put a lot of work into them. Started from scratch?

Nice to meet you, too. Perhaps next swap we can arrange a car pool ahead of time. :)

Thanks again,
    Christine

• 18 years ago

Great idea! Maybe I will leave the kids behind too! lol!

Thanks for the complement!!! It is hard work but it makes me so happy. I just started gardening last year and your are right there was nothing!!! between freecycle, helping little old ladies remove hosts draping over their sidewalk, wintersowing, the swap, and a pretty hefty bulb purchase from www.vanengelen.com I think the garden has come a long way. Oh yes and an amazing end of the year sale at Home Cheepo on azaleas for 2.50 each. I know its evil but what are you going to do?..

Btw thanks for the plants the other day!!! What were they again? ;-/ the ones with the yellow flowers and the other variegated vine thing?

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations