Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Pale gold glass charger plate

17 years ago

I am only posting this as there is nothing new posted!! I found these chargers at Pier One, 90% off. So I got them for 1.50. They really don't show up well, and I have been playing with them for hours and Sandi has been helping me. They do work fine with my everyday dishes, the blue w fruits that I posted, but I am trying to find a way to use them for St. Patrick's Day. The little silver thing is something someone gave me, I have 6. I am going to use them to hold painted eggs for Easter!

I sure hope all of you have been out shopping so you have something more interesting than this to post, LOL. But I know you ladies like pics!!!

Comments (31)

• 17 years ago

Kathleen_li, You know I love your glass chargers and they look great with the Fitzgerald. The Fitzgerald is very elegant. And I love the little silver footed thingies. They will be perfect to hold eggs. Since you only have 6 of them and will have so many people over for Easter, are you going to use them somehow in the center of your table or on your buffet? They add a nice touch.

• 17 years ago

Yes, Sandi, I guess I will use them on the table with those Ukrainian painted eggs I have. I was going to donate the silver things till I started reading this forum! Now they will be a decoration!!

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, I love those chargers--much, much prettier than any I have seen. Where did you find them? Those green plates are beautiful, and just perfect for St. Pat's. Have you tried a white salad plate? Then maybe a folded napkin on top? I think the gold charger would look nice against the woodgrain of your table without the white runner. I'm sure no expert--just trying to help.

Love the egg cups--they will be lovely for Easter.

Luvs

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, those are very nice and I love your dishes. Very Pretty!

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, I love your chargers! They look perfect with your beautiful china. You sure came across a bargain when you found them.

Your Ukrainian painted eggs will look great in the little silver cups. The cups are really neat -- you will be able to use them in lots of different ways on your table and in other arrangements.

In one of my catalogs I saw some silver Mint Julip cups. I thought of several different ways I would use them. I tried and tried to come up with a reason I *needed* them. I started to order them anyway, but decided not to. Now I am wanting them again. lol

• 17 years ago

The chargers & plates are very elegant looking.

Yes, we do all love pics, this isn't earth shattering and I wasn't even going to post it, but since you asked for pics, I got this today at Home Goods.

After falling in love with Judiths cabbage plates, I have been on a quest for something similar. Was out in the slush, rain, sleet & snow today (call me crazy or bored!) and found this.

My kitchen is very plain since I remodeled, my old kitchen was toooooo busy, but after taking pics of my new kitchen realized it was way too plain & this corner begged for something!

They also had longer leaf style dishes in this same pattern but not what I wanted.

{{gwi:1410596}}
    {{gwi:1410597}}

{{gwi:1410598}}

• 17 years ago

Yachter, I love your new plate AND your countertop! Very nice. The leaf type plates go so well with everything too.

I stopped by the 99 cent store today--guess what? Found some green stemware glasses! Wahoo! They had about three styles. One was very pretty with just a swirl of green, one had a green stem, and the ones i got are all green. Nothing fancy, but thought they would be nice for my St. Pat's table.

They also had some cute bowls in pastel colors decorated with bunnies and chicks--didn't get them, since I already bought my glass eggs for the table.

Wanted to go over to Dollar Tree but I had waited too late and they were closing by the time I got there. Might try again tomorrow.

Glad you ladies are posting--yes, we have gotten kinda slow on here--must be the weather. Everybody just wants to curl up with a book in front of the fire, or take a nap! Ha ha I needed a nap today--but didn't get one because I had my GD all day so I played instead. ;o)

Luvs

• 17 years ago

Luvs, thank you, I am sorry I didn't pick up a small bunny to sit by the plate for Easter, but still time to do that.

Our Dollar Tree had some small fake chocolate bunnys but too small, I thought. I was in there last week, should go back again.

Boy, these stores are "luving" us! LOL

• 17 years ago

Yachter, your new plate is very pretty. The potted plant in front of it is the perfect touch.

• 17 years ago

Love your plate, Yachter. Good purchase. And yes, those stores as well as the bunny makers should be seeing a surge in business!!!
    Luvs, let's see a pic of those glasses!

• 17 years ago

Hi2, I forgot to say I think you should buy the mint jul cups. Everyone needs them!! You can have a Derby Day Party and, hey everyone can make stacked plates for Derby Day!
    Actually, I always thought those cups made pretty vases for the table. Nice and low and they sparkle. Go for it!

Luvs, I got the chargers at Pier One. They were in the 90% off Cmas clearance, and they had 11. I am looking for the 12th in stores far away from me on Wed. They don't look Christmasy. can be adapted for other times. For 1.50
    I couldn't pass them up.

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, The Ukrainian eggs are gorgeous. I found some a couple of years ago that I loved, but they were out of my price range. After I saw them nothing else would do though. I still have an inspiration pic saved.

Hi2all, You NEED the silver mint julip cups. I have always thought they were something special. My father was born and raised in Louisville, KY and the KY Derby and mint julip cups just go together.

Yachter, Your cabbage leaf plate looks so good in that corner and Hi2all is right, the African Violet looks perfect in front of it. Shopping in the slush, rain, sleet and snow...wasn't it just so much fun in all the miserable weather to come home with such a pretty! And a bunny for Easter will look so cute sitting there. If we all lived in the same town think what kind of damage we could do to a store's inventory!

Luvs, I want pics of your new green stemware too. I bet they are really pretty. I like the stemware that is all colored. I don't think I said that right. LOL

• 17 years ago

Ahaaa! You gals are getting desperate for eye candy if you are wanting pics of my green stemware! Ha ha Not anything special, but I was happy to find them since I've not found the colored ones anywhere else (except a set of multicolor ones). I'll snap some pics today and get them posted.

Kathleen, I have a Pier One close by--I'll have to see if they carry any chargers. Didn't see any last time I was in--but might not have been looking for them at the time. Wow, that was a wonderful price. I've seen some gold and silver ones at BL and Homegoods--keep holding out for something more "special". I've never used chargers before--can you believe that?

Luvs

• 17 years ago

Yes, Luvs, I believe it, I don't think THAT many people have chargers. I have had 2 sets for years, used one at Christmas and the other goes with my good china, but I rarely used them. I have never been to anyone's house who used them, so don't feel badly! My mother had a beautiful set of gold porcelain chargers, but my sis in TX got those. I wonder if she ever used them!!!

We have Judith to thank for this new addiction!! But it is fun to hunt for them isn't it? And I don't blame you, hold out till you find the ones you want that can be used with many diff settings.

Did you ever check out that train cake pan Wm Sonoma has?? It will be perfect for your DH's dinner party!

• 17 years ago

I'm so late getting on this post, but love the chargers,Kathleen! Being that your dishes are very elegant,the simplicity of the chargers doesn't detract, which I personally like. It's a perfect combination for the dishes, but I can see them being used with even your blue/white,and using a pale gold tablecloth/napkins, which would bring out the gold even more.

Yatcher, cute plate! I was just wondering if you set it on a larger platestand if you could stand it 'right side up', maybe one of those larger wooden plate stands. I love the color, sort of an olive-y, which you don't see often. Do you have a small third item you could add, something up-right(vertical)?

Seems everyone is having good luck at their dollar stores~Luvs, sounds like you really lucked out! Let us see.

I'm still at DD's but will be going home today~SIL took my computer home and had to order a part, so won't be on-line for a few days...waaaaaaaa! I expect there to be a lot of new pics/posts/threads when I return. LOL Take care everyone, and happy shopping! ;o)

patty_cakes

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, my DH's BD isn't until next November--so I have lots of time to look for things to decorate for that. ;o)

Patty, we are going to miss you--hope you will be back on here soon. I sure wish you could post some pics of your beautiful home before you move away from it--sure sounded like you had it decorated so pretty. Have a safe trip.

I do have a few things I want to take pics of to post--but DH has been home the last three days so I didn't want to have to answer his questions of "where did that come from/" or "how much did that cost?" Ha ha It's just a few plates and salad plates I found at TS--they were really marked down and I figured I could play with them until I find and can afford something better. Got a set of pink plates, white fruit rimmed plates, and some cute salad sized plates. Thought they would let me do some cute combinations for Spring so I can PLAY! Ha ha I think I can get them unpacked and take pics tomorrow--want to run them all through the dishwasher--then figure out where in the heck I am going to store them! LOL

• 17 years ago

Patty_cakes, We'll miss you for sure. I hope you fill some of your time away from us shopping.

Luvs, "where did that come from/" or "how much did that cost?" That must be questions that male babies are born knowing! LOL It sounds like you struck it rich at the TS. And you got pink plates! I can't wait to see pics of all your goodies.

• 17 years ago

Luvs, we are looking forward to seeing your new treasures. I had to laugh at you not wanting to hear the "where did that come from" type questions! That's kind of what I'm thinking about if I order the mint julep cups. Do you think I could get the UPS guy to park down the road and just sneak my package onto the back porch? lol

Kathleen, using them for vases was one of the things I thought about. I think one would look also good on a dressing table with a silver dresser set and a couple of little silver boxes.

• 17 years ago

patty cakes, no I don't have a larger plate stand, yet something else I have to buy & I was out shopping "again" today & forgot!

I knew the plate stand was too small, but couldn't wait to display it, you know how that is.

I'm looking for about an 8 inch bunny to sit by the plate, can't think of anything I have around here right now to put there, I know it would look more complete with 3 things, but been too busy SHOPPING! LOL

• 17 years ago

kathleen, what beautiful plates, I love green! Those would work fine for an elegant St. Paddys day table setting. The chargers are great too, they will go with alot. I love Ukrainian painted eggs, I had always wanted to learn how to do them, but I don't think I would have the patience!

Yachter, that leaf dish is beautiful, and you are right, just add a bunny next to the leaf dish and your purple flowers that you posted and you will have a beautiful vignettee going.
    Yachter, you could use those small fake chocolate bunnys from the dollar store on stacking plates if you have them, they would fit quite nicely as part of an Easter decore on the stacking plates. Michaels Arts and Crafts has large plate stands at their store for your large leaf plate. Sometimes the dollar stores will carry them too.

• 17 years ago

Judith, I didn't make the eggs. A friend of mine who is Ukranian did. She used the wooden ones, they last longer, and survived my gkids rolling them on the floor! I used to display them in a cut glass bowl, but maybe this year will do something diff with them. I will post a pic when I get my Easter stuff out after the 17th!
    I don't have enough of those green plates to use for St. Pat's dinner. They were one of those incredible deals I got when I could get to the Noritake outlet, so I am searching for something that will go with the chargers.

• 17 years ago

Kathleen, guess what? I stopped in at Pier One yesterday. Asked one of the ladies about mark down items and told her that I had a friend who found chargers for a really good price. She told me that all their markdowns go to one store. That store is like the "outlet" and gets mark down items from about 20 other stores--and it is still within about 8 miles of me! Yeah! I'll have to get over there this weekend to see what they have. Luvs

• 17 years ago

Good, Luvs, you can add that as another place to browse!
    I just got back from some shopping...Target, Mikassa, Pottery Barn, Wm Sonoma.Pfaltzgraff and Westpoint Stevens, which is closing in the outlet. I used to get great bargains there on bedding, etc. I will miss them.
    I also went to Villeroy and Boch in town and they let me take a pic of the charger I spoke about. Def a DREAM about item!

• 17 years ago

Oh boy, you gals have me wishing I lived near MORE stores! To get to Target, Pier 1, etc., I would have a two hour drive...which will have to wait until spring. :(

luvstocraft, had to laugh at your "how much did that cost" & "where did that come from?" I have heard that many times. Sometimes I am lucky and UPS pulls in and out and no one is the wiser! lol.

• 17 years ago

Luvs, I hope you have a successful trip to Pier 1 this weekend. How lucky that all of the clearance items go to one store. And we know you'll post pics of your finds.

Kathleen, Can't wait to see the pic of that charger.

• 17 years ago

I can't post pics of my buys till the Dish Policeman isn't here, I know you all understand. Can't be bothered explaining to him the value of all this craptacular stuff!

• 17 years ago

I think there should be a law against "Dish Policemen"! We can outlaw mine first. LOL

• 17 years ago

Mine next!!

• 17 years ago

I wonder if we can get a group discount??? LOL

• 17 years ago

You gals are sooo funny! Sure brightens up my days when I sign on here and get to laugh out loud at all your posts. ;o) Count me in on that group discount!

Don't know what I am going to do when my DH retires in about 18 months and is hanging around the house more--guess I'll just bring my haul in and tolerate the questions and the rolling of the eyes! LOL I'm sure most of you know that look!

Actually, since we are planning on spending more time in the motorhome then--my playing with dishes will probably decline for awhile--but maybe I will have a really good stash by then so it will be something to look forward to when we are at home.

Luvs

• 17 years ago

Luvs, Spending time in your motorhome sounds wonderful. And if you're going to be away in it for a holiday you can always take along dishes! ;~)

And yes, I've seen the "rolling of the eyes" way too many times! LOL