Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

shopping trip to antique mall

14 years ago

I've been wanting to go browse my favorite antique mall for the last couple of weeks, and today I finally decided my legs would just have to put up with 2 hrs of walking. I found some goodies, so the pain is worth it. LOL. (I think half the stuff in the antique mall is not really antique, or even vintage. But that's ok too)

I got three glass candleholders. The pair have mercury glass bases! The tall one has a hinged top that opens to fill the inside with stuff. Obviously small stuff, but will be fun to decorate with.The silver top holds a taper candle. This was actually one of three, the other two were taller. But I couldn't justify buying all three AND the mercury glass pair which I really liked a lot. I don't know where I'll even use these, LOL.

{{gwi:1422483}}

Then I found bunnies. Every time I took a bunny up to the counter to hold, they told me mine

were multiplying up there. ;o) Isn't this BIG one wonderful !! He was $18 and I am thrilled with him.

The tiny laying bunny is a creamer, and the pair are S&P shakers. The blue compote I couldn't seem to resist, think it will be cute with a bird nest, bird, eggs in it. They actually had 4 of these. Light green, yellow, light pink, and this blue. I couldn't afford to get all of them, but sure would have liked to.

(excuse the glare on the compote from my flash...tho it does look like a crescent moon. LOL)

{{gwi:1422484}}

And if you remember my Easter decor and this Bunny Pitcher I put faux lilacs in...well I also

had a pink bunny pitcher I put roses in. But I'd let my daughter borrow it for her Easter decorating

and had forgotten to take a picture. So here it is too. (See Kathleen, I do like PINK now. LOL)

Jeanne, I saw only one children's pottery planter like you collect. It was the boy and girl you have in several colors. This one was the creamy white and $20. Lot cheaper than on eBay.

And Jim, if you're listening in here....I saw a pair of the BIGGEST Staffordshire Spaniels I've EVER seen!!

They would have been stunning on a hearth. Wish I'd had my camera with me. They were black and white,

sitting, around 31 inches high and at least two feet wide or more at the bottom! WOW. Price tag was $795, so I didn't get them for you. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Comments (14)

• 14 years ago

PM, sounds like a wonderful antique mall! Wow...I love your finds! Those mercury glass candle holders...awesome! And the one with the hinged top...well, my first thought was *Red Hots* for Val Day! But there must be something for the 4th of July!

Your bunnies are just WAY CUTE! And the compote will serve many purposes, I am sure!

Isn't it fun to see other's collectibles "in person!" That is a very fair price for the pc, I would say...as high as I go usually.

Glad you enjoyed your day...I spent mine in the dirt! ....well, more in pond clean-up...ugh! (but worth it)! TFS your trip! Would have loved to have been along! Jeanne S.

• 14 years ago

Hey Karen,
    We must have similar taste because I have the sugar and creamer that match your bunny pitcher with the lilacs.
    Looks like you had a very productive day!!
    Great finds, keep up the good work, LOL.
    Hugs back at ya,
    Candy

• 14 years ago

Karen, I think I have the twin to your big bunny--found at a TS a couple years ago. I'll snap a picture in the morning to show you. Love your little salt/pepper shakers and how neat that Candy has the sugar/creamers to match them--you two might have to do a little bartering.

The candleholders are neat, and I love the ruffly edge on the dish--will be so cute holding a little nest and bird.

Luvs

• 14 years ago

.....and those bunnies are still multiplying. LOL
    You found some really cute ones Karen.
    I loooove the mercury glass base vases (one of my new favorite things since I've been here, thanks to the "enablers". teehee).
    I can see several creations forthcoming from the hinged lid candleholder to.
    So glad you had a happy day :)!!

• 14 years ago

Karen..I'm feeling your joy!!
    Looks like you were on a really Successful
    Shopping Spree.
    I just love everything you bought. The mercury based candleholders are really nice and the other with the hinged top that can be filled, is so unusual..
    I was laughing over your Bunnies 'Multiplying'!
    The large one is wonderful and all the others are too.
    Great Finds..

jane

• 14 years ago

Oh, Karen, you know how I feel about salt and pepper shakers. Yours are absolutely adorable. And I love the great big one on his hind legs too. Gosh, I wish I could shop there with you. Well, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. I'd HAVE to stop and look at just about everything.

• 14 years ago

Go back and get the other two hollow candlesticks. Those puppies are just too unique to pass by.

• 14 years ago

OA, I do look at EVERYTHING, that's why it takes 2 hrs to walk thru there. 500 dealers, 35,000 sq ft. I wish you could go with me too, let me know when you'll be in Phoenix. ;o) Its just the neatest place to browse. Luvs and I had a ball the time she visited looking at all the stuff.
    By the way, its called the Brass Armadillo and there are also ones in Denver, Kansas City,Des Moines, and Omaha.
    Here's the link to Phoenix one and a short video that will give you a quick peek inside.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: antique mall

• 14 years ago

Karen, here's a pic of my bunny that I thought might be the twin to your's. Luvs

• 14 years ago

Gosh Luvs, how neat you have the same bunny! Just one more 'twin' thing with us. LOL

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Karen, your's has pink inside the ears and mine doesn't--but other than that they are twins. ;o)

I did that "tinypic" link to post those and chose the 640 x ? size--still too big. What size should I have chosen? It sure is fast to not have to upload to Photobucket first, although I kind of like having all my "decorations" on the Photobucket album for future reference. Luvs

• 14 years ago

Karen, how about making some little mercury glass birds to go with your new candleholders. Saw these on a blog and thought of you. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make mercury glass birds

• 14 years ago

Wonderful treasures Karen, and I'm glad you had a good day! That tall candleholder will be so fun to fill with different colored things every season!

I love antique malls like that and will soon see some!

• 14 years ago

Luvs, thanks for the reminder on how to 'make mercury glass'. I had saved the link but forgotten about it. :(
    Next time I get a Michaels 40% off coupon, I'll get some of the silver leafing and play around with it.
    Dollar Tree still has those birds too.

LG, I am so excited about your trip and all the great shopping you will be doing. Take lots of photos for us to see when you're in neat shops!

OA, you Enabler Queen, now you've got me thinking about going back to see if the other 2 candleholders are still there! LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions