Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

bar/prep faucet as main faucet? (Floriano, especially)

I know that some prep sized faucets, like the Vinnata, aren't that much smaller than the full size version, but some are. In a tiny kitchen with a 21" sink, would one of these be up to use as the main faucet? I think the Brizo Floriano is the one she's most interested in, but she doesn't want a great big faucet, so she likes the bar size better. The head on the bar faucet is quite a bit smaller on that model though, compared to the regular Floriano. Anyone using this on a prep sink who can comment?

Comments (6)

• 14 years ago

I viewed these in person last week. I will have the regular at my clean up sink in a 36' cabinet and the bar/prep at my prep sink in a 21" cabinet. The sink has an interior diameter of 16". They are very similar in size so just check that all the features she would like are on the bar/prep sink. If a faucet can be beautiful than this one fits that description! The new model has a magnetic head.
    Alku05 has these in his/her kitchen. Maybe do a shout out.

• 14 years ago

Thanks, owls4me. I was wondering about the size, since it looks like both models have the same base only with a smaller head on the bar size. I'll see if I can get Alku05's attention.

• 14 years ago

This link may help, sizes are only about 1" difference but specs for each, etc. are also different. For me it was helpful to see them side by side.

Here is a link that might be useful: google for specs

• 14 years ago

Thanks, yes we've looked at the specs, but there's nothing like seeing the faucets in person , so to speak. Unfortunately, it's a good haul from here to any showroom that has them, but it's that or order blind, I guess.

• 14 years ago

Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I have a 2-month old baby so I don't get to indulge in my kitchen obsession as much as I used to.

I have both the prep sized floriano and the regular. Honestly, the regular one isn't tremendously larger than the prep version- the rgular is 1" taller, and has a 2" longer reach. For your main sink, I would recommend getting the regular because the sprayer function is easier to use. On the regular, it is a toggle switch that is very convenient for when you often switch between spray and stream (like you do whenwashing dishes). The prep version also swiches between spray and stream, but you twist a ring on the nozzle to do so. When prepping, you don't switch too often so this is fine, but I wouldn't want that way of switching on my main sink. Also the prep version has a much smaller spray radius.

Really, unless they're side by side, you won't notice the difference in size, so I highly recommend investing in the utility of the regular version. Here's some pictures:

Regular

Prep

My two faucets are located quite a ways from eachother, so this is the only picture I have that kinda shows both:

• 14 years ago

Thank you very much, alku05. That's just the kind of information I was looking for (and I always like another chance to see your beautiful kitchen again). Congratulations on the new baby!