Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giacomo_it

I'm in Napa for design a kitchen..but I need help for..

16 years ago

I have friends that they just move in Napa, and I'm here to design the new kitchen.

Can you help me with names of good carpenter, handiman, people.

They just bough a house and they need to remodel, I hope the people here in GW can help me and my friends.

looking in particular to replace carpet with oak floor and refinish the all house, install the new kitchen, and other little things.

thanks in advance

Comments (12)

• 16 years ago

mmm nobody of this forum is from Napa valley?

• 16 years ago

Sorry giacomo--I'm in NY--but I'll bump this up for you! :-)

• 16 years ago

I am e-mailing names and contact information to you for Mike, the electrician and Chris, the cabinet maker.

They are extremely handy and anal people and can do much more than just cabinet making and electrical. Between the two of them they are pretty much doing our entire kitchen.

Hope it helps.
    Pinar

• 16 years ago

thanks Pinar.. but the cabinetry they will be from Italy ;-)
    these are some preview pictures how will be the kitchen

thanks a lot GW!

• 16 years ago

giacomo,
    Are you doing white lacquer? With all those windows are you concerned about the white yellowing over time. I went to Boffi in Chicago and they had a beautiful white kitchen on display. They told me over time it would in fact yellow.
    Donna

• 16 years ago

Hi Donna,
    no in that case is a white glossy laminate.
    But no matter whit finish of the cabinets (laminate, wood, lacquer) always the sun will effect the product.
    I had experience in painting cars and after 6 months the "code" from the factory to reproduce the color has to be adjusted because the sun change the color especially the red.

luckily in that house they going to have the sunset coming from those windows.

• 16 years ago

giacomo,
    I had UV window film put on all my windows and I usually leave the blinds drawn in the sunlight. I think black lacquer might get a brownish cast.
    Donna

• 16 years ago

What a nice view - no recommendations for you. One question though about the stove right next to that raised area. Will frying pan handles hit that and only allow you to use the burners on the left?

• 16 years ago

giacomo,
    The cabinet maker isn't actually making our cabinets. We ordered them, but he will be installing them. We have also used him for other woodworking, handyman type of jobs (leveling joists, fixing holes on our siding that the electrician made, prepping built-in pantry over the stairs etc.) He is doing these things for us as a side job, but he is a cabinet maker by profession.

Pinar

• 16 years ago

Donna,
    you gave me an idea! actually they have to replace the windows in the kitchen... I will tell them to be sure to buy with UV glass protection.

thanks!

lyfia the cooktop 99% will be a bosch 30" 4 buner that has good sides space.

Pinar thanks! I forward your info to my friend in Napa!

• 16 years ago

giacomo,
    I had a film put on my windows. The film I chose doesn't have any tint so the colors are natural. You can't even see it. Maybe have both, the UV windows from the factory as well as the film.
    Donna

• 16 years ago

I think Andersen windows have UV protection?