Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Is this going to drive me crazy? (More than I already am?)

7 years ago

Bathroom is beautiful. I'm beyond happy with about 95% of it, which is pretty good for me! The guys worked hard and did a great job.

The only couple things that bug me are the painting of the casing and door, but that can always be fixed.

But is the counter over the casing reason to drive me nuts or is it ok?

It's the weird and wonderful angles we have. Our old cab corner was designed a touch differently. So I understand I won't see the gap from the top with the templated quartz. But the overhang of the counter to the left....is this reason to get them to redo the angled ends? They have already been adjusted.

Thank you!

Comments (10)

• 7 years ago

Somehow just the 2 angled pieces. When they first installed them they had them flush to the main cab and the doors were angled which was weird.

So there is empty space between the angles, which is fine, it's just the old cab didn't touch the casing.

Otherwise, yes, I agree, it's very nice! The drawers are huge and they did a great job!

Handles will go on Monday and counter won't be for a few weeks yet.

• 7 years ago

Everything else will look so great no one else will notice it. It's not worth losing your mind over it or redoing the whole vanity.

Maybe this will make you feel better

Why wouldn't the builder,who was also lived in this house before us, at least have had that sidesplash go out as far as the counter top so you wouldn't have 2 jogs in the door trim. Also why wouldn't he have moved the sink further down from the wall and doorway when he had a 111" of length to work with?

I will be redoing this hall bath one of these days and correcting both mistakes. But in the 14 years we have lived here no one including family members has ever commented on either.

Can't wait to see you finished bathroom.

akl_vdb thanked badgergal
  • 7 years ago

Thank you badgergal, makes me feel better! When you see our before and afters...wow. Layout the same but it's just amazing the transformation.

• 7 years ago

Mine collides with the door trim as well.

akl_vdb thanked kats737
  • 7 years ago

Mine collides like kats737 does only maybe not quite as far into the door casing. We had door casing put on after and the builder did a very nice job of cutting it to fit around the granite. Then the granite guys did an excellent job of applying a very thin bead of translucent silicone on the seam as they did the rest between the backsplash and surface. It looks totally fine and I doubt anyone notices it.

akl_vdb thanked silken1
  • 7 years ago

Are those two corner pieces doors or just panels? If panels it probably would be quite easy to angle them a bit more so they don't hit the door jamb.

akl_vdb thanked cpartist
  • 7 years ago

Cpartist- they are doors.

Glad to see that this happens with other people too! I'm so excited to get counters!

• 7 years ago

I think it looks fine and wouldn't change it.

akl_vdb thanked lisadlu16
  • 7 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it either. I doubt you'll notice it once the room is finished and all the lovelies are in place. When things are new and we see every little flaw, we think we'll always focus on them, but I don't think most of us do. And this honestly doesn't look bad.

akl_vdb thanked Olychick