Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
straitlover

Anyone ever purchased from Liberty Tabletop?

2 years ago

I might be purchasing some new flatware soon. LIberty Tabletop popped up on my FB page. Made in USA, looks nice. I don't need anything fancy (no sterling, silverplate, etc) and it definitely needs to be dishwasher safe. We have a nice set of Oneida at the beach condo, but I like that this is made in the USA. I also like that you can order a 3-piece sample for 9.95. I guess if i did that and didn't like the weight, etc, I would only be out 9.95. :)

Anyone heard of it or bought from them before?

Liberty Tabletop

Comments (13)

• 2 years ago

Don't see this thread, so I am commenting to see if it will appear. It's not spam, I promise!!! I just don't post a lot here, do more reading. :)

• 2 years ago

I personally haven't purchased from them. I did google the company and found some good reviews on WireCutter. (I do like that site!)

Wirecutter --

Seems they also sell on Amazon, and there are lots of good reviews there.

Let us know what you get!

straitlover thanked pudgeder
  • 2 years ago

My brother purchased flatware from them because of being made in USA. He was happy with it. I have personally never seen it.

straitlover thanked deeinohio
  • 2 years ago

Glad to see this thread finally show up. :) They have some good comments on their FB page also w/ lots of pictures.

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We purchased a set for everyday use over 3 years ago and we really like it. For $9.95 they'll send you 3 samples to try out. They've gone through the dishwasher daily without any issues.

They often have sales so watch for one.

https://www.libertytabletop.com/product/flatware-samples/

straitlover thanked maire_cate
  • 2 years ago

They're having a pretty good sale right now, so I'm debating on ordering the samples or just going for it.

• 2 years ago

Since you commented on weight, you probably know this already, but there is nothing more annoying (IMHO, anyways) than flatware with heavy handles. Someone had told me to avoid heavy handled flatware, but I forgot when we bought new for our cottage. I was so thrilled to get a good brand on discount, it must have gone out of my head. I curse every time a heavy handled knife or fork flips off a plate as I carry them to the sink. Just because of that, I'd suggest getting the sample.

• 2 years ago

I think they sent us 3 forks or spoons as a sample. You could try calling them and ask if you could order a place setting. They were very helpful when I called them.

• 2 years ago

So are the hollow handle knives better than the forged one piece knives?

• 2 years ago

I swear I responded to this yesterday so hopefully, this isn't redundant. I bought the Holiday set which isn't one of the more expensive patterns. We only use it during December but I find it to be quite nice. I ordered samples of other patterns including some from the Lux line. I just haven't decided which pattern I like best.

straitlover thanked Mimou-GW
  • 2 years ago

We have the Prestige pattern from their Luxe line. I figured if we were going to use it everyday then I wanted their best. Since I selected out sterling pattern I told DH to pick the design he wanted.

https://www.libertytabletop.com/product/prestige/

straitlover thanked maire_cate
  • 2 years ago

The Prestige is nice. I'm single and don't entertain, so I don't need anything that nice. I'll probably get an 8 place setting set so I have enough to get me through the next run of the dishwasher. :) I run it maybe twice a week and rinse stuff off so it doesn't get yucky.I hand wash the pots and pans.