Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliceblois

Mansfield vs American Standard Toilets

last year
last modified: last year

We are building a new vacation home. Plumbing contract spececfied American Standard Toilets with a model number that corresponds to a Mansfield toilet. (We messed up and did not verify model number when we signed the contract). We ended up with Mansfield toilets. I don't know much about Mansfield, but I know American Standard toilets are reliable and good quality. Is the Mansfield 3173 a decent substitute for a basic American Standard? I kind of feel like we got the bait and switch.

Another thing that really bothers me, I noticed the bathroom sink stopper is made of plastic. I didn't even know they made those in plastic. Looks like he put in a really cheap sink drain.

In discussing fixtures, I made it clear we want good solid quality--not luxury--but reliable. We chose quality Moen faucets, Kohler undermount sinks, quartz counter tops. So I'm a little taken aback at the choices the plumber made. We are planning on having a discussion with the plumber about my concerns, but I'm asking here first to see if I'm off base. The house is being built 4 hours away from us, so we are unable to be on site for all the work, but we do have a project manager who is supposed to be there making sure things are getting done right.

Comments (4)