Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20188432

Who makes the best stainless steel sinks?

7 years ago

I am looking for a huge single bowl stainless sink, and I'm hoping you can have pity on me and share your opinion on who makes some of the highest quality sinks. I've read 16 gauge is the best, although 18 is more than fine. Is it Franke, Blano, Elkay, or???

If you want to throw in some great brands for bathroom sinks, that would be a bonus :) Bathroom sinks can just be good and don't need to be 'the best'

Comments (18)

• PRO
    7 years ago

I install a boatload of sinks every year. I've never unpacked a bad Kohler or Karran. C-Tech sinks are amazing. 18 gauge is plenty for a sink.

User thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • 7 years ago

I just put in a 32" single Ruvati. Love it. Took out an Elkay. Not sure how old it was, but it cleaned up alright, more a brushed worn finish then the new guy.

User thanked Terri_PacNW
  • 7 years ago

I love, love, love my Kohler Prolific sink. I like most Kohler products in general (and we are using a lot of Kohler in our new bathroom.) The Prolific is 18 gauge and I consider this sink a high quality sink. 16 is thicker, but I am not worried about my 18g.

User thanked Lisa
  • 7 years ago

I've had my Frankes in for 17 years now, and I can't complain. :)

User thanked Sammy
  • 7 years ago

We have lived in our house 12 years and the Franke sinks installed by the prior owners are still in great condition. Beware you want Franke manufactured in Switzerland, not Franke USA which are manufactured in China.

User thanked mjocean
  • 7 years ago

Kraus also makes very nice sinks.

User thanked suzanne_sl
  • 7 years ago

Had an Elkay for 24 years in our old house and it was still perfect when we moved. Bought a Zuhne for our new build and so far, love it. I believe both are 18 ga.

User thanked DLM2000-GW
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I just put in a "create good sinks" 39" apron front sink based on a the someones recommendation here and love it. They have zero or 1/2" radius options. I went with the 1/2" radius for easier cleaning but it still has a nice industrial look to it.

User thanked barnaclebob
  • 7 years ago

We are very happy with our Julien 0-radius single bowl sink. It's been installed for 10 years (can't believe it's been that long!).

User thanked cat_mom
  • 7 years ago

Kraus! You can't go wrong.

User thanked ryburns26
  • 7 years ago

Thank you all so very much!!!! You've named some brands I don't know about so I will check them out!!! I did see that Julien makes a really wide one. It's wider than the nice franke with the built in ledge I'm eyeing.

• 7 years ago

You can't beat a $400 36" kraus.

User thanked ryburns26
  • 7 years ago

I have a Rachiele stainless farmhouse with accessories and i love it. It's 16 gauge, and I got the millennia finish which does not show any scratches.

User thanked Melissa Kroger
  • 7 years ago

i love my Julien sink!

User thanked nycbluedevil_gw
  • 7 years ago

We have Kraus sinks in 2 homes and have also put them in a couple of rentals. Great sinks, no problems and also love that they come with the bottom grate.

User thanked Jancy
  • 7 years ago

Thank you for asking this question! It is precisely the same question as I came here to ask. I'm trying to decide between a Kohler and a Kraus. I'm looking for one large under-mounted stainless steel bowl. (We are taking out a two-bowl sink which completely did not work for us). Any sense of how a Kohler would stack up against a Kraus?

User thanked Jan Russak
  • 7 years ago

The Kraus is great. Really good quality. Build.com and lowes have really good pricing. It feels solid and is packaged very well. The stainless doesn't feel hollow like the kohler I used to have.

User thanked ryburns26