Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kacram

kinda garden junk... more like front porch junk! my T to T

15 years ago

We didn't do many Christmas decorations, because of all the travelling and stress with Dad. We had a beautiful 12 foot noble fir for our tree, but all we got up were the lights! But it was beautiful. And then I threw these together. It took about 15 minutes, and I didn't do it the way I wanted to, but will do a better job now that I have the time! lol Anywhoo.... these are the old oak barrel planter strappings and some stars that I purchased for dirt cheap! lol I put the three of them on the posts on our front porch. They are actually still there... (shhhh, don't tell anyone! lol) Don't look at our railings and chairs.. they need a new coat of paint.. and replacing the light! lol

{{gwi:130543}}{{gwi:130544}}{{gwi:130545}}

Comments (12)

• 15 years ago

kat - certainly qualifies for GJ in my book!...those strappings worked wonderfully with your stars! Enjoy...it's still winter! Jeanne S.

• 15 years ago

I love love your star...

• 15 years ago

Thank you ladies! I don't know why I didn't step back so I could get a pic of all three posts! LOL that was dumb. the biggest hoop has the biggest star.. it barely fits in the hoop. The other two hoops are of slightly different sizes but the stars are the same size. still works, I think! I was thinking of attaching them all together somehow and afixing it to the siding above the garage, permanently! (or hanging from the eaves of garage above the double garage door)

• 15 years ago

Cool, cool, cool!!I love stuff like this!! That is so neat with the barrel straps framing your stars(I'm a sucker for stars!)pat yourself on the back,girl, that was a great idea!!! I'd use these year round you could always take the bows off and leave them plain or add seasonal decor to them! Now, my next question is... Is that a bear by your front door!!!??? Me and Kirk will be fighting over him!LOL!! Can we see another pic of him, please????
    blessings-sherri

• 15 years ago

I'm lovin your stars.

• 15 years ago

I saw on a texas habitat restore where they sell those stars all the time. they are kind of hard to get here (NC) and cost a lot when you do find them.

They are pretty

• 15 years ago

Oh yeah! I love that idea!! Thanks for the inspiration...I have some of those barrel straps that I've been hanging onto...and I have stars!! I love it when I can steal..."borrow" other people's ideas!

And, who doesn't have painting or repairs to do somewhere on their house....it's a never ending task!

• 15 years ago

The TEXAS STAR is our most reccognizable symbol down here. It is common and a lot of the homes do have them year around. I love what you did with yours!!!!!!!!!! It is so Rustic Western and Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us!!! We want to see more of your stuff!!!

Susie

• 15 years ago

Great idea! Those strappings also make great mobiles(-:

• 15 years ago

I really like that a lot. Great idea. Simple but kinda elegant too. beautiful!

• 15 years ago

I have a bunch of those stars...try to get different finishes....Big Lots keeps getting different ones. Now those are like corragated metal...love the bumps and valleys. Where did you get those....I want one.
    June, a ETX girl in SoCal.

• 15 years ago

I really like what you have done with your stars. Could just change out the red ribbons for spring colors. I like the Texas star. Whenever we find them here they are costly.