Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan273

What have you been doing to keep busy this winter??

14 years ago

Besides hanging out on gardenweb, because we're all guilty of spending WAY too much time here lol.

Comments (8)

• 14 years ago

I have been hanging out on the Winter Sowing forum and been sowing seeds since January. I am getting sprouts already. I also am potting up dahlia tubers.
    Been very busy. I need to clean up my backyard, but it is going to snow again this weekend.

• 14 years ago

Ive also been wintersowing, with awesome sucess so far! Ive been ordering way to many roses online, bought way too many bulbs and tubers at home depot and lowes. Ive been reading all my garden books, writing down my plans... which will all change as soon as im able to dig! :)

• 14 years ago

Yep, winter sowing here too, and I'm already bearing the fruits of my labour - albeit labour which I enjoyed - with sprouts. Lots of reading and trading seeds with other gardeners, cleaning the shed, and other things. Definitely a four season hobby for me. :O)

• 14 years ago

It's all about spring now!!.Checked winter sown flats, nothing perked up there. Pruned roses, dogwood, various vines/clematis, rose of sharons (they bloom on new wood) and russian sage. Moved one huge 'gold mound' spirea today!

• 14 years ago

Did some winter sowing of seeds, still have more to sow, but I've been lazy to get around to it this year. I've been doing some writing, that has occupied most of my time. I'm just now getting back into the gardening groove, cleaned out most of my beds the past few days. Searching the web for any new plants I may have to sneak around to buying (the boyfriend thinks plants are a waste of money). Looking forward to seeing increases on my daylilies, if ones that hadn't yet bloomed for me will this year, and see which of my baby hostas lived or died through the winter.

Karen

• 14 years ago

You mean other than losing my mind waiting for spring?...Painted my living room and bedroom, pruned roses and shrubbery, cut back grasses, spread too many truckloads of mulch to count, weeded (not nearly enough), top dressed several of my beds (before mulching) with compost, and have started seeds. I just went outside this afternoon and covered 12 flats of seedlings that have been out there for two weeks now. Down into the thirties tonight. DRAT!

Spring is here: but in hiccups.

• 14 years ago

Working a lot (have a few jobs I'm juggling - a full-time plus a couple side jobs to pick up extra money, I didn't marry for money LOL!).

Will start the seed sowing in the next weekend or two using the light stand hook-up I've got going.

• 14 years ago

It has been a very rainy winter here. Most of my time has been spent in the greenhouse starting seeds(most too early!)and propagating roses. I promised a local group 50 ready for June in one gallon pots, at least SOME in bloom. As of yesterday I have 41 in gallons and now am looking for SUNSHINE to get them into bloom and still not eaten by the deer. Al

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County