Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdionelli

Show me your bloomers! Part II

16 years ago

Sorry for hijacking Donn's wonderfully titled thread, but it's just taking too darned long to load - even on DSL.

I think this lily is either Coral Sunset or Oklahoma City. It really glows.

{{gwi:243404}}

Another lily - maybe Algarve?

{{gwi:243405}}

Daylily Classic Edge w/Roses in Snow and Beautiful Edgings in the background

{{gwi:243406}}

Daylily Thanks a Bunch with verbascum atroviolaceum

{{gwi:243407}}

Daylily Serengeti

{{gwi:243408}}

Thanks for looking! Elizabeth

Comments (22)

• 16 years ago

Unknown lily
    {{gwi:243409}}

Missouri Primrose
    {{gwi:243410}}

Allium Gladiator
    {{gwi:239304}}

• 16 years ago

All my roses are blooming now:
    Tamora
    {{gwi:243411}}
    Double Delight
    {{gwi:243412}}
    Paul Neyron, a fantastic thornless old garden rose
    {{gwi:243415}}

• 16 years ago

That is a gorgeous pic of your allium, I need to get me some of them.
    Elizabeth, you should post some of your Daylily pics on the Daylily forum. We are always happy to see clump shots! Looks like you have some pretty ones too!
    Not too much going on around here now... its now daylily season for me also...
    heres some bee balm-
    {{gwi:243417}}
    my crocosima Lucifer is getting ready to bloom-
    {{gwi:243418}}
    Sunny border blue veronica (starting to dy down now)
    {{gwi:243420}}
    My guara keeps going and going, its HUGE this year!
    {{gwi:243422}}
    OK, I have to post these, cause I love them-
    Big city eye
    {{gwi:243423}}
    Malachite prism
    {{gwi:243424}}
    My favorite Mildred Mitchell
    {{gwi:243425}}
    Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed, now lets see yours! -Jessica

• 16 years ago

Wow - beautiful daylilies.

Not sure this will work - first time trying to post a picture:
    {{gwi:243426}}
    If it works, you'll see the Aconitum that are thriving in a difficult patch of ground that gets all the moisture sucked out of it in summer from surrounding weed trees, and overhead shade... but they still seem to bloom better, and sooner, than the ones in more hospitable locations.

• 16 years ago

New Dawn Rose

{{gwi:243427}}

New Dawn with Clematis Etoile Violette
    {{gwi:243428}}

Coreopsis Baby Sun on left just starting to bloom & Coreopsis Tequila Sunrise (taller variegated plant) on left in bud. Grey-silver plant in Snow-in-Summer (Cerastium tomentosa Silver Carpet) which just finished blooming with the dwarf bearded irises to the left.
    {{gwi:231115}}

Lysimachia punctata Alexander
    {{gwi:243429}}

Yarrow Fireland with a few fronds of catmint
    {{gwi:243430}}

First ever bloom on Clematis Blue Angel in lots of sun, actually a pale violet blue in real life

{{gwi:243431}}

Blue Angel Clematis again, has more than doubled its blooms since this picture was taken last week!
    {{gwi:243432}}

Red is Mme Julia Correvon and pale violet bells are Betty Corning Clematis. Most of Betty is hanging on the other side of the fence where only my neighbors can see it!! Rose at the bottom right is Double Knockout.
    {{gwi:243433}}

• 16 years ago

Very pretty, I love to see roses and clematis planted together, its stunning! Betty corning is very nice also, ive been thinking about getting one of the bell shaped clematis, don't see very many of them around here. I enjoyed the pic of the false indigo too. -Jessica

• 16 years ago

What beautiful pics! Thank you for starting a new thread. It's easier on the hard drive. =)

• 16 years ago

Hi Jessica, it's actually Aconitum (monkshood), not false indigo. They do look similar in pictures.

• 16 years ago

Thanks for letting me share!

Annual Asclepias with Delphinium 'Blue Mirror' in background
    {{gwi:243434}}

Stokesia Laevis 'Honeysong Purple'- My favorite flower, vibrant purple
    {{gwi:243435}}

Stokesia Laevis 'Klaus Jelitto'- more of my favorite flower
    {{gwi:243436}}

Sprekelia formosissima (Aztec Lily)
    {{gwi:243437}}

Hemerocallis 'Yellow Silk Ruffles' - mmmm...fragrant!
    {{gwi:243438}}

Hemerocallis 'My Black-eyed Stella'
    {{gwi:243439}}

• 16 years ago

{{gwi:243440}}

• 16 years ago

{{gwi:243441}}

wild

• 16 years ago

Ornata- Your Aconitum is beautiful! I planted a few this year and am excited to see them mature.

Pitimpinai- Love your feverfew that you posted back on 6/13 in the first "Bloomer" thread! Do you always direct sow them, or have you ever wintersowed them? Would you mind sharing some seeds from the last one you posted that day for this newbie?

• 16 years ago

Just simple stuff, Anthemis 'Susanna Mitchell' with a few blooms of the geranium 'Sue Krug' in the background:

{{gwi:243442}}

• 16 years ago

wildflower59 WOW love the dbl balloon flowers. I grew my balloon flowers from seed. and after 3 yrs they are finally blooming. (they look pitiful compared to those beauties=( lol thanks for sharing the great photo =)

• 16 years ago

beautiful pics, all! Aspenbooboo, do you dig up that aztec lily bulb every year? My boyfriend wants one (he saw it in my Plant Delights catalog, lol) but I thought they weren't hardy in zone 6?

• 16 years ago

Potentilla 'Monarchs velvet' a tiny flower, only about the size of a quarter...and unfortunatly the japanese beetles love them!
    {{gwi:239302}}

• 16 years ago

Well heres some more DL's, most of my other stuff is done blooming now, but they are perennials too!
    {{gwi:243443}}
    {{gwi:243444}}
    {{gwi:243445}}
    {{gwi:243446}}
    {{gwi:243447}}
    Thanks for looking! Keep posting your pretties! Love, Love, love, the double balloon flowers, that color would look nice blooming with my pink daylilies! Gona have to get me some of them. -Jessica

• 16 years ago

Jessica- Nice photos! I LOVE that first daylily, know which one it is?

Here's one of my zinnias before the JBs eat them all.

{{gwi:243448}}Hosting at Photobucket">

• 16 years ago

The first DL is called Dragon Dreams, its a mini, so it needs to go in front of a border to get noticed, but in the right spot it is hard to ignore! I like zinneas too! the japanese beetles aren't too bad yet here, but every year they take a toll on my rose of sharon and perennial hibiscus! If you like Dragon Dreams, you'd probably like this one too, Enchanted illusion
    {{gwi:243449}}Another beauty from Elizabeth Salter! Enjoy -Jessica

• 16 years ago

Hey I wanna show some pics too! lol
    {{gwi:243450}}
    {{gwi:243451}}
    {{gwi:243452}}
    {{gwi:243453}}
    {{gwi:243454}}
    {{gwi:243455}}
    {{gwi:243456}}
    {{gwi:243457}}
    {{gwi:243460}}

• 16 years ago

This lily is taller than I am
    {{gwi:243462}}
    Black Dragon strain

{{gwi:243464}}

• 16 years ago

Double hollyhocks and coreopsis (taken low down... the hollyhocks are WAY taller than the tickseed)
    {{gwi:243466}}
    Echinacea Magnus:
    {{gwi:243468}}
    Salvia & Daylily "Decatur Apricot"
    {{gwi:243469}}
    Dwarf platycodon:
    {{gwi:243470}}
    Unknown lily:
    {{gwi:243471}}
    Caladium - 15" leaves really liven up a shade bed, I'll be using this a lot from now on.
    {{gwi:243472}}
    Stokesia Purple Parasols. I just finished interplanting these with hot pink delosperma Cooperi, I think that will look hot dripping over the curb:
    {{gwi:243474}}

More! More! More!