Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

yellow niagra falls -- golden gate

there was a post a while back ... its probably on page 60 by now.. lol.. you peeps are nuts with posts... lol ..

there is a different plant .. i think also by olga ... called golden gate ...

and as i watched mine go .. get this.. golden.. i was wondering if the other posters plant could be such ...

with them both being olga plants ... maybe the nursery had a brain fart.. and mislabeld it.. when it was in its green phase ...

get you wish list pens ready.. anyone have pix of golden gate????

ken

Comments (12)

• 9 years ago

So we don't get to see yours?
    What's wrong with your camera trigger finger?
    No Golden Gate here, but if you are impressed by a golden hosta, it has to be outstanding.

Where IS my pen when I need it......

All I have that is golden from Olga is Key West. It looked good early on and it still looks good. Here it is in bloom in June this year

Come on, peeps, give us the scoop on Golden Gate.

• 9 years ago

I remember that post, I remembered thinking Dancing Queen when I saw it, but that's not an Olga hosta. Golden Gate doesn't seem to have that prominent of a waterfall effect, from what I've seen. Love to see pics of it from members, though.

• 9 years ago

yes ..... we could use a search engine.. if the title was somewhat searchable ... but just NF fails... though i found a great article on olga ...

ken

• 9 years ago

Here's a link to thread

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden Gate

This post was edited by maggiepie on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 13:22

• 9 years ago

GG has different breeding than Niagara Falls. NF is a montana Mac seedling. GG is from a Nigrescens seedling. It's actually bigger than Niagara Falls and it probably comes with the 7 foot scapes.

Steve

This post was edited by steve_mass on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 13:21

• 9 years ago

Here's a link to another thread that has different pics of Golden Gate

Here is a link that might be useful: Top Gun Hosta

• 9 years ago

Was it this Niagra Falls in question? The photo was taken yesterday. Its been in good soil for about 10days now. Still a healthy green apple color. While looking for what it could be, came across Great Lakes Gold and thought it looked like a posible match.

{{!gwi}}

• 9 years ago

For some reason the photo wouldnt load. Here it is again.

• 9 years ago

Here's a bed with Key West, Golden Gate and Journey's End. The Golden Gate was from Wade and Gatton this spring. The order was shoved into a box too small and the leaves of Golden Gate and Jade Cascade were bent and broken. They did however send me an absolutely pristine First Frost as a bonus.
    Kathy

• 9 years ago

Golden Gate
    Kathy

• 9 years ago

Zkathy- Love your those stacked stone beds and beautiful hostas.

Ken is it possible that it is just a gold version of niagra falls? Was trying to read about seeds and in one of the publications had mentioned that 1/100 seeds of solid parents can produce a gold offspring. The edging is very pronounced, like niagra falls and unlike some of the younger possible matches. Looking at the hostalibrary it states it was mistakenly listed as sterile. But do hosta breeders grow from seed when selling to nurserys still?

• 9 years ago

Just another view of it.