Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socalgirl_2008

Christmas party take aways

15 years ago

As some may remember, I'm having a large Christmas party...135 invites were sent out. I'm trying to decide if I really need to do a take home favor. If I do one, I'm leaning toward cookies. Melting moments or Swedish snowballs (Mexican wedding cookies), but it will be a lot of extra work.

Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

Comments (8)

• 15 years ago

With that many invited, I think I'd definitely pass on a take home favor. Incredible amount of work, and expense for you.

hugs, Karen

• 15 years ago

I have to agree with Karen on this one, that's allot of people. Maybe you could just do some door prize drawings or let someone win a centerpiece or other decoration kind of thing.

You know, I'll bet the gals on the Entertaining forum could give you the best advice. They do big parties and such all the time and are really up to date on what's proper or not. There's a link at the top of our main page here.

Luvs

• 15 years ago

Wow, a mini lottery would be a great idea and the right way to entertain your guests!

• 15 years ago

I don't know if this would interest you or not, but I went to a party last night of over 200. Our favor was an ornament tied with a lovely bow. I know the ornie came from Dollar Tree because it was one of those that came five in a box. Each ornament was set in front of our plates as part of the decorations on each table. It was a lovely gesture on the hostess's part. All it would cost you would be around $20.00 or so if you bought them from DT. You'd also need ribbon.

• 15 years ago

Hi there, Blue. Welcome to our gang. I had thought about that idea too but then didn't post it. I'm glad you did, its a nice option I think for a huge group if you want to do party favors.

I also like the idea of a drawing for a center-piece, Luvs.
    A few years ago, I was at a big dinner party, each table sat about 10-12 people. The hostess had slipped a number under each plate and put one under the under center-piece.
    She later told everyone to look under their plates to see who had won it. So that was fun too, each table having a winner instead of just one person out of 200.

hugs, Karen

• 15 years ago

Thank you all for "letting me off the hook." I knew I could count on you. I think with that many people moving in and out of the party I would miss a few people.

On another note, I think I will have those that would like to participate bring a toy for Toys for Tots
    S

• 15 years ago

Thank you, purplemom, for your graciousness.

S, having your guests contribute a toy is really part of what Christmas is all about, isn't it? Great idea.

• 15 years ago

They used to do that type of drawing for the centerpiece at allot of our work parties Karen. One time the winning number was taped to the bottom of a chair and everyone had to look at the bottom of their chair--trust me, that one got a bit noisy but it was funny! LOL

I truly would never expect a "take home" gift from a party that large, just the food and pretty decorations would be more than enough to make me happy. (I'll be waiting by the mailbox for any invitations any of you might want to send my way!) LOL

Blueenough, I think this is the first time I've seen one of your posts, so glad you are joining us. Hope you will really have allot of fun here with us.

For any "newbies" that we might miss greeting in the excitement of the posts, please know that we are so glad to have everyone joining in here, and really love it when you share your pics with us too.

Luvs