Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jani18

American Standard Antiquity Cadet® 3 Toliet

14 years ago

Does anyone have this toliet?

If so, would appreciate your comments on performance.

Thanks,

Jani

Comments (5)

• 14 years ago

We have Cadet 3s, and we are completely satisfied with them (even through several years of flus of various kinds, iykwim). I don't know if this is a different trim or if it changes the innards, but if it's the same mechanism/engineering as the regular Cadet 3s, you'll probably have no worries. I've heard some people have issues with warpage on the bottom and have to trade back at HD/Lowes for one that doesn't rock. That's the worst I've heard.

• 14 years ago

The Antiquity is really nice looking from the photos online. Although we don't have that model, we installed an American Standard Cadet right-height elongated 2 piece toilet a few weeks ago, at the same time as a Kohler Cimmaron in another bathroom. We arrived at the Cadet only because it is one of the rare toilets which offers the 14 inch rough in we needed in that room, but we are more than pleased with its flushing action - no 2nd flushes needed anymore. It also does a good job of cleaning the bowl.

• 14 years ago

We installed 2 Cadet 3s as part of our remodel this past June. One is in my kids bath and one is in a very heavily used powder room.

I am really happy with the performance of this toilet. I haven't had to use a plunger since their installation, now that I think of it. The water lever is low in the bowl, but it flushes all but the stickiest stuff in one flush. I can't remember ever having to double flush because of floating remains. (sorry if that's too graphic)

We will be installing a third one in our guest suite bath in the next few months.

I selected the Cadet 3 after reading reviews and decided that it was the best 'flush for the buck' in a modestly priced toilet.

• 14 years ago

I got the one piece American Standard Cadet 3 and have used it for over a month. It flushes with 1.24 gallons of water, has the sanitary seat which is antibacterial and easier to clean. It is not as heavy duty a seat as I would like, however it serves the purpose. I especially like having the tank and bottom as one piece. It is SO easy to clean! The lid to the tank is really tiny, and while it does not wobble it does not have a firmly identified spot to sit. This toilet is in the smallest bathroom ever designed for a house, and it is the smallest dimensions I could find. Its petite appearance keeps the bath from looking too crowded.

I do not remember seeing "Antiquity" anywhere on the box, or in the literature I got. The flush handle on the one I got is polished chrome. I would have loved to get it in rustic bronze to match the sink faucet, sconce, and robe hookm and "antiquity" may have the bronzed option. At a later time I may get around to hunting down a bronzed flusher but right now, the chrome is okay by me.

I've uploaded a bunch of photos to my Webshots albums concerning the undo and redo of the bathrooms in Casa Del Sol cottage. They will be among the last shots in the Casa Del Sol Building Projects album at http://community.webshots.com/user/captgrisgris

• 14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments on the Cadet Toliet.

I have not purchased a toliet yet. Just started seriously working on bathroom. Today I looked at the Kohler Memoirs and the Kohler Cimmaron at Lowes. I like the looks of the Memoirs. Also saw a Kohler Kelston. I liked the looks of it. It was very inexpensive and was rated a Performance Rating of 10 like the Memoirs and Cimmaron. It was not as high as the others.

Does anyone have experience with any of these? These are all 2 piece.

Does anyone prefer the 1 piece over a 2 piece toliet? Pro and Cons.

Thanks again. Jani