Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Silestone, Caesarstone, and House Premium Quartz

13 years ago

Silestone must've have known someone on the Pantone committee. Neither of these are quite Pantone's color of the year, Honeysuckle, but they are close guesses. Not quite sure where you would use these, residentially:

Silestone Energy.

{{gwi:1583210}}

Silestone Love-Nuevo

{{gwi:1568111}}

And just for completion, with the Miles Redd kitchen discussed in the "not white" thread.

{{gwi:1580256}}

House Premium Wasabi Crush

Comments (13)

• 13 years ago

I like seeing an artificial product that openly admits it's artificial, what with the not-found-in-nature colors and all.

• 13 years ago

Hmmm. The first one ("Energy"?!) is the perfect laundromat counter colour. Every laundry place I've ever been to had laminate counters of that hue.

Those are not subtle shades are they?

• 13 years ago

I do like materials that express themselves instead of trying to look like something else. Thats why I like some of the new Formica designs as well.

• 13 years ago

Agreed! The best part of quartz surfacing (aside from all those other great qualities) is that the pigments can be mixed to create truly unique colors you can't find in nature, even though the quartz itself is completely natural (sand or silica).

You mentioned Caesarstone so I had to share the news that their color Apple Martini was PantoneâÂÂs top pick for the season along with their color of the year. I think it looks great installed residential like in Miles Redd's kitchen,

or even in special applications like the custom vanity.

• 13 years ago

Those are really cool colors! It's funny how much I like them, but still would not want them in my house.

• 13 years ago

I forgot to post the Apple Martini, but it looked to yellow compared to the Wasabi with the Miles Redd kitchen.

• 13 years ago

Miles Redd's kitchen is the apple green Caesarstone?
    It isn't stainless steel? It looks like steel to me ...

Agreed Adrienne ... couldn't live with them either. But decidedly fun to look at.

• 13 years ago

It is but I posted a picture with the Wasabi because it is similar. We were talking about monochromatic kitchens in another thread.

• 13 years ago

In searching for a solid surface in this kind of color range, I stumbled across a name I've never seen: DURAT. The colors are amazing, but I've never heard anything about it. Anyone?

* cross-posted to the "Let's talk solid surfacing" thread

Here is a link that might be useful: Durat USA

• 13 years ago

Apple martini caesarstone kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: apple martini caesarstone

• 13 years ago

Re: durat...the website says it's cheaper than quartz. I called the US dealer today and he told me to expect to pay $100 a square foot.

• 13 years ago

Thanks - the site must mean "cheaper than Quartz everywhere but the U.S."

LOL.

• 13 years ago

I am calling another dealer on Monday. His price seemed inflated and he was very defensive on the phone about it. I found a posting by someone who paid $800 a sheet (35" x 114") and I am not sure how, even with installation prices and shipping, that gets up to $100 a square foot?