Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

I need to find a place to put these!

15 years ago

JC Penney's is having a huge home sale right now.

I ordered a rug for my laundry room, and was looking around and found these - aren't they cool? They're crystal door knobs on a metal base. You get 5 for $39. Regularly $80. Don't know where I'd put them, but they're such a great price. What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: JC Penneys wall plaque

Comments (21)

• 15 years ago

I love them! I recall seeing something similar at Pier 1 a few months ago, but it wasn't as cute as these. Do you have room to use them in your laundry room? They'd be adorable in a laundry room or mudroom as coat hangers, or even as hangers for clothes that you want to drip-dry!

• 15 years ago

They are cool, and I love Auntjen's idea of using them as coat hangers. I love the look of old crystal doorknobs like that.

• 15 years ago

Hang dried flower bouquets from them, get a pair and use them as curtain tie-backs, use in the bathroom to hang your bathrobe, towels, hang spare key rings, hang the dog leash, apron holder, and the list can go on- I have quite a few similar to these in our house and they are great decorative but we find them to be very functional.

• 15 years ago

They are cute. I wonder if the knobs stick out enough to hang anything on it. I don't think you could hang towels or coats.

• 15 years ago

I saw something similar in a friend's foyer. She mounted crystal door knobs on a decorative piece of wood and hung it on the wall as a coat rack.

So if the knobs stuck out far enough in that case, I suppose these would hold towels, or robes or jackets.

They are really interesting. I wish I had a spot for them.

Oh, shoot; I must be losing my mind. I do have something like that in my guest bathrooms for towels. Mine are a single block of wood with one knob. I forgot about them. I can't post pics right now, but will later. They do hold a towel, though.

• 15 years ago

I like those ALOT! Now I'm thinking about getting them. :-)

If I do I'll be back begging for help on where to hang them.

Thanks for posting those!

• 15 years ago

I bought them last week. I got them for my daughter to hang in her entryway for coats.

• 15 years ago

I would use them in a bathroom to hold towels ( a pair by a sink for hand towels, or a grouping for bath towels), or in a kitchen for the same purpose.

If you had a large window, you could also use them above the window as knobs from which to hang the ties or loops of a window treatment.

• 15 years ago

K9arlene, are the knobs big enough to hang a jacket? I think Les's idea is great! I may have to order these.

• 15 years ago

caroleoh...I'm sorry to tell you they will clash horribly with any decor you've got ...your only solution will be to quickly box them up and send them to ME!! LOL

they are really neat looking! love the idea of using as a coat rack..but also love how they are displayed as wall art in your pic!

• 15 years ago

Yes, the knobs stick out far enough to hang a jacket. I also thought they'd be cute in a bedroom to hang neck chains, bracelets and scarves.

• 15 years ago

I have one that I got a couple of years ago at Hobby Lobby. I hung it on a small room in my bathroom above my dad's old smoking stand. It looks high but I often have something on the stand. I'm not sure I'd want to hand a jacket on one because it would cover up the knob which is sort of the point of it. I do think they're cute though, I like the idea of a grouping.

• 15 years ago

I hope you don't mind, but I had to get a set of these too. They're adorable. I got an extra 15% off (helped defray half of the $8.25 shipping) by using a coupon from retailmenot.com. Want to hang them in my laundry room to hang things to dry.

• 15 years ago

Those are really nice. I just saw a coat rack in a magazine made from old glass doornobs (can't remember which one). Those would be perfect mounted on a piece of wood. Good find!

• 15 years ago

They're $29.99 now!

• 15 years ago

I think you may want to go ahead and order them before we buy them all. ;-)

Seriously, though, the dimensions show they're relatively small, so it shouldn't be hard to find room for a few, even if you don't have room for all six. I just ordered a set for myself; have been looking for hooks to put next to my front door for my handbag, etc., and these are much cuter than the bronze hooks I was going to buy.

• 15 years ago

i love them, i think i might use them to hang interesting things from, if they are large enough even in a row for coat rack? but if they aren't, maybe hanging a picture with a ribbon? or cord?

Junkmarket site has some ideas similar to those

• 15 years ago

Well I broke down and ordered a set of the doorknobs. At $29 I just couldn't resist. I also ordered these metal plaques. I thought they were a good deal too. They have free shipping on orders over $69 so with both, I got the free shipping. If I don't like them, I figured I can return them to the store and won't be out anything. The free shipping code is "lincoln" if you're interested.

• 15 years ago

I hope its ok to butt in here from a lurker.
    I have those doorknobs and I love them!! I wouldn't use them for coats or towels only because my family would pull them off the wall. Its only one nail they are hung by.
    I have one old skelton key that I want to hang on the knobs like the picture shows...I need to find some sheer ribbon first.
    My GF has both the knobs and the white metal squares Caroleoh ordered. The metal tins are cuter than cute! I think you will love them both!

• 15 years ago

If you plan to hang anything on them, use wall anchors and screws and they won't pull off the wall. If you're just using them for decoration, a nail will work.

• 15 years ago

Nodakgal,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm glad someone's seen these first hand! I think I'll just use them for decoration because I have three boys and they are not very gentle with anything.

Oh, by the way, welcome, you are a lurker no longer!!

To everyone, I was amazed at how nice some of the JCPenney home decor items were. There were a few things I liked and once they went on sale, they were more than reasonable. So, I will be checking their website periodically for deals. I also google JCPenney coupons whenever I buy something from them, and invariably they have a free shipping code or discount code you can use that offsets the shipping costs.