Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michellelarkey

Houston Area Best Pool Builers

14 years ago

I have been reading all of your posts and looking at your great photos off and on for over 6 months. My husband and I decided during the summer to start the pool process and our finances are finally in order to do so. We thought we had made up our mind about the PB, but would love input from those of you who have "been there, done that". Of course the PB have tons of referrals, but I was hoping to get a quick sound-off from each of you.

We live in LaPorte, TX (Houston area) and would love to hear which pool builder you used and if you recommend them. Thanks for your time!

Comments (6)

• 14 years ago

If I lived in your area I'd use Backyard Amenities or Rainey pools. These are men I've known for a very long time. 2 other really good pool companies are Pineloch Pools and Gulf Coast Pools, Although I don't know them personally I've heard very good feedback about both of of them.

See ya,
    Kelly

• 14 years ago

I'm late to the show but Pearland Pools needs to be on the list. Over the past 9 years Randy Patro and family built mine as well as pools for 3 of my friends. Outstanding job every time and EXCELLENT service after the build is complete.

• 14 years ago

I'll second Leonard, although I don't know Randy personally, I've heard good feedback about his company from within the industry too.

See ya,
    Kelly

• 14 years ago

thank you both very much. Gulf Coast has already been out to our home and we are waiting for their quote.

We have an appointment with Backyard Amenities this week.

We left a message last Saturday for Pineloch and they have not called us back yet. But I am assuming they may have taken vacation this past week.

We have also heard back from Pearland Pools (who I have heard alot of good things about them on this site so they were already on my list) but have not made an appointment with them as of yet. They had a death in their immediate family so we are giving them some time to get back to us.

We are pretty excited and ready to make some firm decisions. Kelly/huskyridor, may I ask what company you are with?

• 14 years ago

Michelle,

I conduct business as Atlantis Pools & Spas.
    We're based in Montgomery County north of Houston.
    My biggest market is The Woodlands and the Lake Conroe area. We travel somewhat around town but only to the west and southwest.
    You have some AWESOME builders to work with during the design stage.
    Quite honestly, if I was to live in your area I'd simply call Brad at Backyard Amenities, show him pic's of the look I wanted, and sign with him.
    You should find that once the pricing and designs come in he'll be in the middle of the pricing and probably have a referral list with at least 5 times more names of previous customers. He enjoys the same lion's share of the market down there as I do up here.
    But, I should be considered a very biased referral.
    I'm certain any one of these 5 men will build you a quality pool that you'll be proud of for many years to come and you'll be equally excited to tell your friends and neighbors just how easy the process really was.
    This business involves no "Rocket Science" all we need is decent weather and a good grip on the look that our buyers want to achieve.

See ya,
    Kelly

• 14 years ago

Since it sounds like you have all of the quality builders you need, I just wanted to chime in on the 1 feature that I would definitely include on your new pool. That would be to add an infloor cleaning system. We went with the Paramount PC2000 system.

We're also in Houston and just finished a pool about 1 year ago. It seemed like we looked at a million pools and options and features and at some point we just had to set a budget, and make a decision. We decided to go ahead and install the infloor system, but I was a little skeptical that it would work as well as I had heard. I even had the builder put in the plumbing to allow a pressure side cleaner later if we wanted to add it.

After 1 year, I cannot believe how well the in-floor system cleans. Unless there is a huge wind that blows a ton of leaves in the pool, I never use the net to get any leaves out of the pool. The PC2000 cleans them all up. The best part is that with a raised spa, it also cleans all of the leaves out of it. It is so nice not having to mess with a polaris.

Good luck with the pool.