Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

Post Challenge pics here!

16 years ago

This thread is started to post your Challenge pic and reason you choose your challenge !

Red

Comments (20)

• 16 years ago

I choose this theme for two reasons:
    1. We are on the garden web so I thought it would be kind of neat to make a garden quilt.
    2. This quilt will be given to a long time friend of mine. She is a vegetarian so I thought this quilt would look great in her kitchen.

Vicky

Here is a link that might be useful: more pictures

• 16 years ago

I choose this theme because DH found the fabric and said make something LOL!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• 16 years ago

Those are both so neat! Vicky I LOVE those ears of corn!!!!

Red -- I take it that's a panel? I love that "landscape" look -- the little farm on a hill.... That's the kind of thing I was going to try to make if I had only had time. (I saved a copy of your pic to reference when I do have time...)

• 16 years ago

Vicky that is just beautiful...I just want to pick those strawberries right off of it! Just a perfect wall hanging for your friend...know she will love it.
    Jean

• 16 years ago

I saw this quilt online and decided to recreate it.

It is made entirely from scraps that I had. I don't have a large stash- my fabric fits in one underbed storage container and I have scraps in a bag. So that was definitely a challenge trying to find fabric that would work!

I really like the red, white and black theme so I decided to go with that color scheme.

It features: 4 inch finished blocks, hand applique, machine trapunto, and machine quilting.

Since it was a challenge I decided to try trapunto. I was nervous about the trapunto but it was alot of fun!

Happy Quilting,
    Jen

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• 16 years ago

I do have problelms with photobucket, it only does half the photo, so I will use my Flickr site to show my challenge. I did a wall hanging that is of African Children, waiting to be fed. A young man from our area, has given 3 years to a mission, in Swaziland, Africa, the children they care for are usually orphans, parents dead of AIDS, most of the children are HIV the group is called THE CHILDREN'S CUP,last year the young man sent me a photo of him and some of the kids at the Christmas party, I took the idea of the kids, turned them into "paper doll" images, as I worked I had to add more children in the background, their are so many who need food, medication,shelter. The fabrics are commercial and many come from Africa. Please look with eyes and hearts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rene's quilt

• 16 years ago

This is called Autumn Splendor. I thought this a good choice for a Fall challenge. It was great fun to make. I used the raw applique method.
    It's hanging on my DD's wall.

• 16 years ago

Those are all great,love the funky chicken and the fall one with the pumpkins is gorgeous,beautiful colors and my favorite time of the year.TFS
    Kathi

• 16 years ago

Red how do you bump up to the top!

• 16 years ago

BBTT

• 16 years ago

Great job,everyone. I enjoyed looking at them. Hope there's more to come.

Geraldine

• 16 years ago

Mine is almost done and I hope to post a picture before the deadline. I left it until the last minute, then I went on holiday and so it's now become a quick panic.

• 16 years ago

agnesd,
    LOVE your wallhanging! Did you have a pattern?

• 16 years ago

All delightful! And, Rene, I went on to look at the other pictures of your work, too. Just beautiful! It warms the heart.

• 16 years ago

BBTT

• 16 years ago

Beautiful quilts! Red, yours won't come up for me; just 3 little boxes with "X" in them. Any suggestions?

Lovely, lovely eye candy :)

Cheryl

• 16 years ago

I'm a bit out of practice and am having a few difficulties trying to post a picture in this message and I think it will only come up for me as a link. If the picture is small you may need to double click on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6785663

• 16 years ago

Forgot to say when I posted my picture (link in the message above). The little quilt was made primarily so that I could participate in this challenge. I made a teddy because I've always like teddies, they're so cute and finally as I have no one close to give a childs quilt to, I decided I would make it and donate it to Francis House Childrens charity where a special little person can love it and keep it close to their heart.

I designed the quilt in EQ5, the centre is applique machine stitched, the border is strip pieced and it is machine quilted.

• 16 years ago

That is sooooooo cute.Love that teddy.And what a wonderful thing you did,donating it to a worthy cause.TFS.
    Geraldine

• 16 years ago

Challenge pics due tomorrow!
    Voting starts 10/21 till 10/24
    Red