Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rchovey_gw

ugly box

16 years ago

Sometimes sharing the duds can be cathartic... I hate this box. I may never make another box. Don't know where this idea came from, it is so NOT ME. Hearts and roses and an angel....UGH!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

• 16 years ago

WHAT IS W.R.O.N.G. W/YOU GIRLIE??????? It's beautiful, and my favorite color. Why don't you just send that lovely box to my house. My address is....... It's as sweet as can be. I can see some pearls hanging out it on a dresser top or a table in your bedroom. OR, as I said above - a gift!!! LOL. You QUIT that hating your work! I have dibs on that.

• 16 years ago

I made one kinda like it only it was shiny green and purple.It was also decoupage(sp?)instead of mosaic. Your box is actually better than the one I made. I never made anything like it before or since. It wasn't hideous or anything but it just wasn't ME. I waited about 4 yrs before it irritated me enough to toss. Looking at your box from an objective point of view it's not too shabby and a lot of people would like it. PJ

• 16 years ago

You are correct!! It's GROTESQUE!! Forget about what Slow said... send it FAR AWAY TO AUSTRALIA!!! Yup... I'll take that nasty piece of work off your hands right quick!! I have a 'penchant' for horrible objects especially when their decorated with heart and roses and UGH... angels!!

You are a silly puppy. LOL Take a deep breath, exhale and LOOK AT IT AGAIN!! It's really very beautiful. And whatever you do, please don't throw it away. Gift it. There are plenty of people who would love to own such a wonderful piece of art.

• 16 years ago

i've made things that 'aren't me' before, too. the few commissions i've done drove me nuts because i was doing something i wouldn't have chosen to do on my own - and the things i made were my 'style'.. just not what i'd have done voluntarily at the time.

i think the box turned out really well. but i TOTALLY get what you're saying about hearts and angels and stuff. i tend to shy away from froo-froo girlie things (unless we're talking pajamas!) :D

• 16 years ago

I think it's very lovely, but I can understand what you say about not being "you"...it's not me either, but I have frineds who would LOVE it and I'm sure you do too!!
    It's very nicely made and I love the colors and you even blued up the grout!

• 16 years ago

I WANT THAT BOX!!! It is soo very pretty! Good job! I hope a box I plan on doing(project#482!lol!) will turn out as nice!!! Thanks for the inspiring eye candy! Jane

• 16 years ago

It turned out really lovely! Don't beat yourself up! However, I totally understand..I've made a few things that just "didn't flip my skirt" also. But I have to remember, not everyone really likes my style of mosaicing...so sometimes I gotta "get out of the box!" But I don't too often...!!!! I'm sure you have a friend that will cherish it...it is very pretty.

• 16 years ago

I love all those blues together! And having been to SLOW's house, I CAN see it on one of her dressers with pearls hanging out!

• 16 years ago

It's simply lovely! I like if VERY much!
    K.

• 16 years ago

O-o-o-o-o - cobalt blue!! My favorite color in the whole world....it is really quite lovely (my color preferences aside). Has a very different look than anything I would do for myself also, but, as was said by several above, it would definitely be treasured by a friend or relative.

Pat

• 16 years ago

I think it is adorable and it looks like a few of us on this board would love to take it off your hands , just in the name of recycling. Haha. no, really i love the colors and wonder what you used to make the heart around the angel??

Also, is the angel in a clear gem?? I can't quite figure it out. I am finding out that I will find something wrong with anything I make, so it helps showing it to the group. Plus it helps you see things through other's eyes so to speak.

You should make another box right away. Just make one that is more to your liking. You don't want to be scared of the "b" word (box) forever. LOL

Good Job

• 16 years ago

Mermaid, the box just happened to have a heart in the center of the lid, and yes, the angel is inside clear glass. I found her in the gift shop at the hospital where I work (I've spent so much money on useless stuff since my office is just across the lobby from the gift shop), but it's always something I think I'll use in a project sometime. Would be a lot cheaper to go to yard sales, but it's that "I may not find this again" mentality.

Sponsored