Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dekr8

Do you like this Floor Lamp?

15 years ago

I am looking for a floor lamp. The most important concern is being child proof which I have yet to find. Secondly looks. Can you help with that? Do you like this lamp or do you know of one similar that you like better or know to be made very well. This lamp is from Restoration Hardware.

Thanks.

Comments (10)

• 15 years ago

Well -- don't laugh -- but I would recommend your local Big Lots stores - which are carrying (and now have on sale!) Jennifer Farrell lamps, accessories and even furniture etc.

I bought my two end table lamps -- and the matching standing lamp for our living room. Love them -- and they certainly seem to stand up well too!

• 15 years ago

Yes, I do like that floor lamp. I almost bought it myself!

• 15 years ago

I think it's quite lovely. Beautiful lines and feel about it.

• 15 years ago

Thanks for the input that helps with the decision!

Teacats, we have a Big Lots close by so I think I will check those out first as even "on sale" this one is expensive. But I am on about my 5th one from Target & figured maybe I need to buy a better quality lamp to hold up to the kids. Don't know if you realize how correct your terminolgy of "standing up well" is. Mine always seem to have trouble with that feature and stand up diagonally after a couple months!

• 15 years ago

If you live in an area where there's Craigslist nearby, you may want to check that also. They often have some vintage ones that may be built stronger.

• 15 years ago

I'm with teacats! Check out the JF collection at Big Lots~not your usual BL stuff. I think there are two different styles of floorlamps, and both very substantial~I don't like fragile looking floorlamps. Consignment stores are also worth checking out.

• 13 years ago

It is simple though very elegant. What are the materials used?

Here is a link that might be useful: floor lamps

• 13 years ago

Not sure what your decor style is like, but we just got this one from RH and love it. The tripod makes it look like it's standing straight even on our uneven floors (and has already withstood many bumps from small children).

Click on the small pic in the link to see it in a room - it's got more presence than it looks like in pic where it stands on its own.

Here is a link that might be useful: tri pod lamp

• 13 years ago

Just took a pic of it in our room.

Also wanted to say that all the lighting in this room is from RH and we have been so pleased with the quality of the product and packaging when shipped.

• 13 years ago

Personally I don't think it is real special. Since you are thinking of buying it from RH your paying a considerable amount. Why not go to an antique shop where you may find one with gorgeous marble on the bottom. Of course you may like the simple lines of the RH one.

.....Jane