Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kngwd

Suggestions for BS??? pics

13 years ago

Hi again!

I posted my pics earlier this week, with the backsplash I liked. DH isn't wild about it, wanted something with more color.

I'm stumped!! Today I read a thread on here and discovered the "Fire & Ice" backsplash. I really like it, but don't know

if it's too much with my granite. DH loves it, especially the idea of popping out a tile or 2 and substituting glass.

It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but after the car broke down yesterday to the tune of $1700, it's probably not going

in for a couple of months anyway! I'd rather wait and get something great! I'm open to other suggestions, if anyone has them!!

Comments (11)

• 13 years ago

I have a similar color cabinet and am also looking for a BS....I like the glass. BTW....how do you post pictures on this site? I am having so much trouble, would love if someone could give me directions so I can post my new kitchen. thanks

• 13 years ago

I love Fire and Ice but I think it's more gray in tone then your counter. On my monitor, your granite appears to have more of a honey color. Does your stone have some light blueish tone that it looks like I see?

• 13 years ago

Kngwd- OT but did you ever install those pendants we liked...you were worried they were too big?

M

• 13 years ago

Med22 - no, they are still in the basement! I think they will be going in on Sunday, I'll post some pics. I'm afraid we might have to move one a little - we had the electrician rough it out before cabs, and decided at the last minute to extend the peninsula countertop 10". The matching chandelier shipped Monday after being out of stock forever, so hopefully they will all be in.

remodelfla - I don't think there are blues...there are some peachy tones to it. Maybe I'll take your 1st suggestion and try a subway-shaped travertine. DH just wanted color glass somehow...maybe instead of the brown inserts I could find an amber-ish tone that might work???

• 13 years ago

What about glass subways like this?{{!gwi}}

• 13 years ago

Fire and Ice can make a real statement, but the colors have to coordinate just right with your cabinets and backsplash. I have and love subway tiles. I like your above choice with the idea of putting in inserts to make your DH happy.
    I love looking at people's kitchens who have taken risks with their backsplash. But for me, safer and neutral works best.

• 13 years ago

Or something simplier like this:

• 13 years ago

Here is a possibility, it's called Capadoccia tumbled glass/travertine tile:

• 13 years ago

remodelfla - I was thinking along the lines of the 2nd, but might be too modern. I'll have to hit the tile place again at lunch tomorrow and keep researching!

marble.com....do you sell the backsplashes as well? You actually installed my granite countertop!! Golden Valley. I love the look of that, very similar to my orginal pick, just trying to find something with a little more color, but i may end up going this route. Like ellendi, I tend to gravitate towards the safe neutrals!!!

Thanks everyone!

• 13 years ago

Not to hijack the thread, but that's wonderful to know we installed your granite! Hope you're enjoying it! And yes we sell this but i'm not advertising anything, just giving advice & help ;)

Be sure to take pictures once it's all done and show us the backsplash combo you end up doing, i'm sure it will look just stunning against the Golden Valley!

• 13 years ago

My boss has a lot of suggested BS, and usually he suggests it to me every day.