Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Seeya later, alligator....

13 years ago

Well, it's time. Surgery is later this morning, and I'm just up early ruminating and, honestly, feeling a just little bit sad that I have to leave my "new" kitchen only days after it became operational! (but not done by a long shot) :-) The appliances went in over several days last week, so we had beef aracherra on Thursday, marinated chicken and risotto on Friday, and home made pizzas on Saturday to give the new ovens a spin. My daughter has made muffins almost every morning and she's lovin' that bottom oven! (She called "dibs" on it early on, if you remember) My son (who made Chex Mix on Sunday, his "specialty") teased me about 'going out with a bang', and he nailed it--that's exactly right, and so what? :-) I won't be eating much of anything for the next few weeks, so I wanted to give the new toys a workout. The Miele induction cooktop performed just as I expected--perfectly. And the Electrolux ovens baked those pizzas evenly and beautifully--no spinning halfway through required! I loved having the extra sink--you all were so right to talk me into it. I'm feeling really happy with the layout and the whole family is enjoying the new space. I just want to sit at the island with a cup of coffee and plan the next cooking adventure. Ah, well. I'll be home in about a week. So, seeya then, GW friends. Thanks for all of your good wishes.

Cj

Bringing a new spin to the word "gutless". :-) :-)

Comments (22)

• 13 years ago

Good Luck. Wishing you all the best AND the very best drugs!

• 13 years ago

We're all sending white light your way.

Sounds like your kitchen is just perfect.

• 13 years ago

I wish you well cj. I am sending lots of healing love so you can get back in that kitchen you love.

• 13 years ago

Sending prayers your way! It's good to hear you're enjoying your new kitchen.

• 13 years ago

Sending lots of prayers and best wishes your way. Great to hear that the whole family is enjoying the kitchen. Please keep us posted.

• 13 years ago

Best wishes for a healthy outcome and speedy recovery!

• 13 years ago

Have a successful surgery and best wishes for a quick and smooth recovery.

• 13 years ago

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a fast, uncomplicated recovery. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Glad you are so happy with your new kitchen and that everything turned out so well.

• 13 years ago

Hi cj...

Ditto what everyone else said!!

KA:)

• 13 years ago

All the best to you, cj!! How nice that everyone is enjoying the kitchen.

Take care!!

• 13 years ago

Take a knob with you, and keep it under your pillow. :-)

Best wishes and a quick recovery to you!

• 13 years ago

Wishing you the best. Congrats on your wonderful kitchen! (:

• 13 years ago

How great to take happy thoughts of your big project in with you! It's so great to hear when things are turning out well. Best wishes for your speedy recovery and return to sippin' and plannin'.

• 13 years ago

Wishing you a smooth surgery and a quick and easy recovery!

• 13 years ago

May your desire to create in your new space help speed your recovery. Sending healing thoughts your way.

• 13 years ago

in a while, crocodile. Just a little while, TJ. Wishing you an easy recovery and good healing. Westsider

• 13 years ago

No fun of half white, half brown pizzas for you?! ;-) --I'm so glad! Sounds like you're going into surgery knowing that your kitchen is coming together just right and with no outstanding worries or aggravations. You know my prayers go with you and I hope your condition and recovery are a great and surprising (in a good way) witness to all who are caring for you. Take care.

• 13 years ago

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your kitchen! Heal!

• 13 years ago

Hope all goes well and you are soon cooking again in that dream kitchen!

• 13 years ago

So the kitchen is operational and now you need an operation! Pun intended? Oh don't mind my attempt at humor...
    As an RN, and a co-recent kitchen remodeler, I want to wish you an easy time of it all. Stay positive keep looking forward to when you have re-couperated and are back to enjoying delicious foods from your new kitchen!!
    Best wishes!!!!!

• 13 years ago

best wishes and we look forward to your return when you are on the mend!

• 13 years ago

I'm sending positive thoughts for a great outcome and quick healing. Glad you could enjoy the kitchen beforehand!