Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aprilmack

Help me choose a cabinet color / Maple with glaze or Cherry

12 years ago

I know everyone is probably sleep but I'm having a meltdown about cabinet color.

My cabinetmaker is coming tomorrow to measure for a cabinet modification. He's expecting me to put in my order tomorrow and I'm just not ready.

I've been dreaming about maple cabinets with glaze and highlights for years. Now that it's time for the remodel I'm second guessing myself. Here's a sample of the kitchen I want. http://www.lafata.com/downloads/New_Brochure.pdf (Page 20) Do you guys think this kitchen is trendy? Do you think I'll regret this choice in 2-5 years?

Everyone I've asked seems to think the cherry would look better and would be more timeless. Everyone also seems to think that the cherry provides more contrast in the space.

I'm looking at this floor tile. http://www.ppltile.com/ceramic-tile/imola-ceramica-domus-aurea-18x18-polished-tile.html

Comments (9)

• 12 years ago

I think it looks pretty. The big question is which do you like better today? I found I actually changed things because with all the years to plan, I had gotten tired of things I never even had, lol....
    I'd worry more about not regretting getting what you love, whichever that is....

• 12 years ago

The kitchen you want from the catalog is on page 19 or 20? Page 19 has a kitchen with maple cabinets with a glaze and page twenty has cherry cabinets. I personally think that the glazed cabinets are beautiful and you have to be happy with your kitchen, you are the one that lives there and will be using it everyday. You don't want to regret your decision because you are pleasing everyone but yourself. What color countertops are you doing? I think the floors are kind of light with the glazed cabinetry but it depends on your countertop choice.

• 12 years ago

I think those cabinets are so pretty and elegant but they are cherry and you wanted maple? Or is cherry just the finish?

Those cabinets with the tile you picked out will look fantastic together!

Go with what you want and what YOU envision for YOUR space.

• 12 years ago

Whoops! The cabinets I absolutely love are shown on page 18 (page 20 of the pdf).

Page 32 (page 34 of the pdf) are the cherry cabinets that everyone loves.

Epressler, I also think the floors are kind of light. I'm kind of stuck on that one because the flooring covers the kitchen, foyer, and garage entry. I tried darker tile samples but the front entry just looked like a dungeon.

• 12 years ago

This is your kitchen and nobody else's. Those people telling you to get cherry?- when they are remodeling their kitchen then they can get cherry. In the meantime definitely get what you want.
    The pdf. page and the catalogue page aren't matching. Which description are you actually looking at?

• 12 years ago

That's what I was hoping - the windham maple with the hazelnut finish. Those are beautiful - choose them and don't second guess yourself. They will look very classy against the floor.
    By the way - us west coast people are still up and always looking to offer advice/opinions/handholding at night as well.:)

• 12 years ago

I like the Maple better too. Go for it!

• 12 years ago

They are both beautiful. I'd go with the color you like better. They are both elegant. We can't predict the future of fashion. Quality and basic design principles always win over time. Color and type of door fronts are so personal. Go for what you want.

• 12 years ago

Love your maple cabinets. Think they have some cheerful golden undertones yet are still a classic formal look. I don't think you will regret these.

How much light does your kitchen have? As much as I like cherry, it can be a little dark.