Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Friday's new blooms

8 years ago

Web of Intrigue sunlit

And Web of Intrigue shaded

Crazy Ivan's very first real bloom. The first scape aborted, & its first bloom never really opened, but this one is better than I imagined. I didn't realize it would be such a big flower

Caribbean Eye Spy

Jolyene Nicole is an oldie, but it is blooming really well this year.And

And Billy the Kid again. Have to say, every bloom has been perfect, I really do like the look of it.

Comments (9)

• 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

The pattern on Billy the Kid is much more apparent in this pic. Maryott's pic is more burgundy. Does yours vary? All the blooms here are perfect.

• 8 years ago

All of these look great! From Crazy Ivan's dark, dark eye to the lovely clump shot of Jolyene Nicole, these are excellent shots. Billy the Kid looks fabulous. I'm expecting a package from Maryott in the next week and hope I get that one as a bonus. I did list it as a possibility.

• 8 years ago

Web of Intrigue really looks good.I think I lost my Caribbean Eye Spy, but, I thought Sea of Cortez died 2 years ago, but up it popped this year.It was in a pot and I just left it alone and watered it some times, then found its very much alive.LOve Jolyene Nicole mine boomed earlier this year and had 3 buds, one bloom. got to repot it.. I really like your Billy the Kid. its a pretty one.

• 8 years ago

I have Web of Intrigue, but will have to move it away from taller ones. I love Jolyene Nicole and Billy the Kid looks good. sarah

• 8 years ago

Caribbean Eye Spy is pretty and Billy the Kid is another attention getter. Nice ones...........Maryl

• 8 years ago

Wow, Web of Intrigue doesn't even look like the same flower in shade. Crazy Ivan is one I plan to get some day.

• 8 years ago

Crazy Ivan is looking great! I love Web of Intrigue too... does it rebloom for you? Mine should do better this year, since I just last night ripped out a ginormous Rozanne geranium that would overtake everything in the vicinity, including WOI.

• 8 years ago

Nancy: Great selection and the comparison of WOI in sunlight versus shade. Billy The Kid is definitely a beautiful bloom. Caribbean Eye Spy is one I'll have to go and look at the stats.

• 8 years ago

Mantis, I haven't had a lot of blooms yet, I think the color has deepened a bit, but not changed the basic color. I really like the way the pattern is developing.
    Debra, I'm getting more attached to Billy the Kid all the time, I'm sure you will like it.
    Jean, I hope your Caribbean Eye spy shows up, really a good daylily.
    Thanks Sara. I agree, Web of Intrigue is a bit shorter than I was expecting, I will need to move mine too. I just happened to plop it between 2 really tall daylilies. I should investigate more before I plant, but doesn't really do me much good. Plants don't always do what they are supposed to in my garden, short ones grow taller & tall ones grow shorter.
    Thanks Maryl! And ruthz, I was surprised to see how different Web of Intrigue looked, both pretty but very different.
    Laura, I love Crazy Ivan, I knew I had always liked the photos of it, but it is so much better in person. Thank you so much!
    Julia, Caribbean Eye Spy has been such a great daylily. Not necessarily heavily budded, but it usually reblooms a couple of times, & 3 years in a row it was reblooming in October. Hasn't done that the last couple of years, but it is such a pleasure to have a daylily blooming in October that I remember it.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals