Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katy1234_gw

Need help with Windows Mail in Vista

7 years ago

I can receive email but not send it. I called my internet service and they said Microsoft was causing problems but they couldn't help me. I've tried all I know but nothing works. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated.

Comments (3)

• 7 years ago

Try accessing your email system using a browser. If that's what you're doing and it's not working, try a different browser.

• 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply Elmer Fudd/S Whiplash,I went to the webpage for my cable service and I can Send emails from there. The odd thing is it's going through the same provider's email program. I'm wayyy to computer illiterate to figure that one out.

When I called for help the guy said that they've been having problems with Microsoft causing the same problem but he didn't seem to know how to fix it. I'm thinking he just didn't want to mess around with it. :) I asked if they could send a guy out to look at it and he said the guy probably couldn't fix it either. So much for good service huh?

• PRO
    7 years ago

Try going under you account settings and see if there is a more or advanced tab. Under outgoing email see if there is a check box that says something like "my outgoing server requires authentication" if so click the radio button that say use same as incoming.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus