Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

X Y Z daylilies 2018

Well, the alphabet has come to an end today! Let’s see what you have , none for me this year. Don’t leave early, the noid will be next!!! Quote of the day:” I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable badass I’m going to be today!”

Sherry

Comments (17)

• 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Bob and I are trying to come up with some names for our intros with z and x especially so this group won't be so sparse.

Yauhannah Lake is a good grower here.

Yuma is a rather erratic flower, but Bob wanted it since it is a parent of the renowned Forestlake Ragamuffin. Its color is nothing to write home about but it does have some teeth. It also blooms quite late in our garden.

Here are the 3 faces of You Angel You. It normally blooms single in our garden, but we sometimes get the ones with a couple of extra petals. Rarely do we get the full double of the last picture. It's a tiny plant with a low bud count and doesn't usually rebloom for us. Although it's cute, it wouldn't stay in the garden except for the fact its space isn't needed for anything else.

That's all I have.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • 6 years ago

I can relax now.....I am leaving for a vacation and didn't think I would get all the alphabet in, but here we are at the end!

(If you don't mind, Sherry, I will also post my lone NOID now because I am leaving and won't have access to my photos). Thanks to everyone who contributed and also those who looked!

YELLOW SATELLITE (oh my gosh, this flower is enormous! It's about 9 inches here. You have to see it in person to believe it!)

YABBA DABBA DOO (didn't do well here so I shipped it to a forum friend)

YAZOO WILD VIOLET

ZADA MAE

And, because I'm going away for a vacation I'm posting my NOID early: Is this Mask of Time? I got it years ago without a label at a nursery. It is semi-evergreen, bloom mid-late, bloom is 6 inches, maybe 26 inches tall. Sure looks like MOT on the database.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste/NH
  • 6 years ago

another image of Zona Rosa

Zona Rosa Gorgeous pink

Zola's Pink Nightgown refused to bloom last season .

I added Xylophone Jazz late last season .......hoping it survives this winter. It is fancier than anything I have grown to date so fingers crossed.

That's all for me .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • 6 years ago

Nice flowers everyone. I'll have to just enjoy--no x-y-x--and then I have some noids. I used to have You Angel You and it looked just like your first photo, Nancy. But eventually I needed the space so out it went. Your noid, Celeste, looks a lot like Bold Vision, but it isn't. There are a number of small differences.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • 6 years ago

Maryl, I like Yesterday Memories.....it's such a pretty pink!

• 6 years ago

Celeste:

It certainly looks like Mask of Time to me. YELOW SATELLITE is certainly impressive. How does YAZOO WILD VIOLET perform to you? I like the lighter edge. Most of the lighter edges are on pink flowers.

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • 6 years ago

David, I do feel like it's Mask of Time also; glad you agree. Yazoo Wild Violet does well here; not exceptional, but well. Bud counts are rarely impressive here but YWV has an average count for my zone. Not so impressive that I wrote it down but if it was shabby in that respect I would have noted it. The scapes are on the short side. The plant does seem to bloom for a long time if I remember correctly. And the color in my garden seems more blue-purple than what I've seen on the database.

• 6 years ago

Zella Virginia --short and cute

Yellow Explosion

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • 6 years ago

Short and Sweet-only one:

Yazoo Elsie Hintson--huge, beautiful flower, just wish the scapes were taller.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked avedon_gw
  • 6 years ago

Have a nice vacation, Celeste. Are you going somewhere fun and warm?

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Pat
  • 6 years ago

XIA XIANG - one I will keep for a long time since the time when it rebloomed twice for me

ZAHADOOM

ZEN AGAIN

ZEN PAVILION

ZUNI THUNDERBIRD

and one I no longer have but enjoyed growing for a very long time; ZIP BOOM BAH

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Pat
  • 6 years ago

I forgot Zip Boom Bah--it's been a really good flower for us.

Zip Boom Bah

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked avedon_gw
  • 6 years ago

I love Zen Again wow! and Zip Boom Bah both going on my wish list Thanks for posting these images

• 6 years ago

daylilly99.....Yes! We are travelling by car on a long road trip to the west coast of Florida. I think it's something like 26 hours we'll be on the road driving straight through. We both have relatives down south. It will be a long deserved vacation. We haven't taken a proper vacation since our honeymoon which was ages ago. It will be an adventure! Thanks for asking.

• 6 years ago

After much examination Celeste I agree that your noid is Mask of Darkness . All the info you gave appears to match the registered stats .The clincher for me was the throat more yellow than green. Have a wonderful holiday

• 6 years ago

Xylophone Jazz - first year plant with low bud count

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive