Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cruzline

Wolf 60” Range - is blue interior still chipping?

4 years ago

I’m remodeling my home and was planning on purchasing the Wolf 60” dual-fuel LP range with the infrared dual griddle. I’m concerned about the blue interior chipping. Has this problem been fixed for 2020, and is there any difference between using propane and natural gas?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have no idea but I will say a 60” range is not even needed in a commercial kitchen . The venting alone will not only cost a small fortune but the noise will make you crazy. There are changes you need to make to have a gas range work on propane and some people notice a difference in the power of the burners with propane. I would never spend the money on a griddle since what is the purpose of infrared any griddle placed over a gas or propane burner is infrared and I have one that cost $35 twenty years ago straddles 2 gas burners and gets put away when not needed, makes awesome pancakes, grilled cheese all the stuff you use a griddle for. I run a catering biz with a 36” all gas range and BTW no peeling inside the oven either.

cruzline thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 4 years ago

It was reported on new ovens last year. The problem has been going on for over 10 years. The M series oven was designed to make the bottom replaceable a few years ago.

They keep saying

“What problem? I never heard if it.”

“it was just a few and fixed years ago.”

“its normal”.

Even if they admitted the problem and said it was fixed, would they be believable? It would take at least 5 years of no problems being reported to know it was fixed. Mine chipped after 4 years, so after the warranty was out.

cruzline thanked wekick
  • 4 years ago

Many people think of getting a 60" range, because they range two ovens. Having multiple ovens is great. But having such a huge range is often quite counterproductive.

Tell us more about what space and budget you have and what is important to you when cooking. And you'll likely get much more practical suggestions involving one or more wall ovens of different types.

cruzline thanked M
  • 3 years ago

@wekick Do you know if the all gas Wolf ranges also show chipping of enamel? Most of issues I've come across regard the DF models, but not sure if that's just because the AG models are less popular these days. Thanks!

• 3 years ago

@HU-85011647

As far as I know there have been a few instances with the gas ranges. They were mentioned in one of the lawsuits but nowhere near the number that have occurred in the blue if you go by the posts here going back 12 years.

• 3 years ago

@cruzline Did you end up purchasing a Wolf range? If not, if you don't mind my asking, which did you end up buying? Thanks!

• 3 years ago

@wekick I can't find the new reports from last year. Can you post links to the recent reports of chipping?? Thanks!

• 3 years ago

@Randy

Sorry I did not see this until looking for someone else.

It is hard to find them because they get tacked onto longer posts.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/3242963/wolf-lawsuit-filed-july-9-2015-regarding-blue-porcelain-chipping

Mine happened 4.5 years in. They won’t give you a bid to fix it and would only guarantee the néw. part 1 year.

There was one poster recently that said they called Wolf to find out how chipping was to be treated in the future and they said Wolf told them it would be considered cosmetic and only covered for 60 days.