Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_schneekloth

Before & After 10k kitchen remodel

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We purchased this house and immediately remodeled the kitchen when we realized we had no dishwasher and no where to put one! My husband and I did everything ourselves. We kept the footprint the same, besides removing the useless half wall and putting in a pantry in it's place. We are tremendously happy with how it turned out! Cabinets are IKEA, we didn't want to spring for semi-handmade doors because this isn't a forever house for us. Countertops are quartz, also from IKEA and we love them!

Comments (31)

• 3 years ago

well done!

Jessica Schneekloth thanked aziline
  • 3 years ago

I love seeing how projects like this turn out! Did you consider putting crown molding on the cabinets?

Jessica Schneekloth thanked julieboulangerie
  • 3 years ago

@julieboulangerie We did, but the space on the top is a weird size-- the crown wouldn't reach the ceiling. We might still go for it when we are ready to put it on the market, to make it look a bit more "finished"

• 3 years ago

Wow! Nicely done, especially on fitting the pantry in there. I love seeing full renovations like this at a reasonable price.

• 3 years ago

Crown molding comes in all sizes just fyi. But anyways the kitchen is beautiful:) love the floors

• 3 years ago

Beautifully done.

• 3 years ago

It’s a wow! Did the 10k cover everything?

• 3 years ago

Great job getting a fabulous redo of that fridge wall. Looks good and critical storage for you!

• 3 years ago

Fantastic work!

• 3 years ago

Very pretty!

• 3 years ago

Very nice--you've added storage and value!

• PRO
    3 years ago

Wow! Looks great!

• 3 years ago

Great results for small budget!

• 3 years ago

well done! I like the cheerful and calming after - looks fresh and updated

• 3 years ago

Beautiful job!

• 3 years ago

What a big difference - beautiful job! Could you post a close-up pic of your backsplash? It looks really pretty.

• 3 years ago

Love your updates!!! Will you share a detail photo of the corner left of your stove? I'm always interested in solutions to corners and ways to avoid corner cabinets.

• 3 years ago

I can't tell if you have under cabinet lighting but possibly in lieu of crown moulding, think about putting lights on top of the cabs. We did this with our Ikea laundry room, which is used to get from the mudroom (sandroom? we live in Phoenix lol) to the rest of the house and makes lovely ambient lighting. We used the Ikea Stromlinje (I think that's the name) and DIY.

Maybe not the look you're going for but HTH.

• PRO
    3 years ago

Wow your kitchen looks beautiful! Great job!

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

You can come do my kitchen over any time...lol. Really really great job. Very inspired to put that pantry in around the refrigerator. I had to look at the photos for a few minutes to figure out what you did. Taking out that half wall and adding that pantry makes the whole space work. Very smart decisions for a home you know is not your forever home. Smart not to just live with the old kitchen that didn't fit your needs too. You make a good team and I hope you are patting each other on the back. I wish we had taken the time to learn to do these things when we were first starting out. Congratulations!

And not just smart, strategic, but beautiful as well! You made a $20,000. renovation for $10,000.

• 3 years ago

Great job!

• 3 years ago

An impressive improvement for $10,000! Love it!

• 3 years ago

Wow. All for $10K. When we redid our kitchen about 4-5 years ago, I think our appliances ate up much of that $10K budget.

• PRO
    3 years ago

Amazing DIY project. Looks fantastic and much more functional with the pantry.

• PRO
    3 years ago

Love the transformation!

• 3 years ago

This is a wonderful example of what can be done on a strict budget.

• 3 years ago

Looks great! Congrats to you :) I was wondering how you handled the floor where you took down the half wall, and I see that you moved the transition from the kitchen floor to the wood floor by a few inches (from the kitchen side of the stub wall to the other side of it.) Clever!

• 3 years ago

Looks fantastic. We put in an IKEA kitchen too, and I'd do it again in another house.

• PRO
    3 years ago

great use of space and love the black hardware.

• 3 years ago

That looks fantastic! Enjoy using it!!