Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_161994666

Where to put couch and tv in this “ one bedroom apartment”?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Have not decided yet on this apartment due to the layout. No real livingroom and lots of windows. Do not know where to put a couch or tv. Only wall is in kitchen next to fridge .

Comments (14)

• PRO
    2 years ago

Nobody can tell a thing from the pictures. Go back measure the space, show the walls of windows etc. Up load that neatly with feet and inches clearly noted

• 2 years ago

I see a hall and a kitchen. I don't see space for a bed or a sofa let alone a TV.

• 2 years ago

Im taking these pictures from a video. i have no other pictures that were sent to me. These are more pictures i took from the entryway @arcy_gw, @freedomplace1

To the right of the last pic is where the kitchen begins

• 2 years ago

Here is where the kitchen begins . The person takinf the video is standing by the entryway

This is to the right of that wall by the kitchen

The room back there is the bedroom and bathroom

• 2 years ago

@freedomplace1 I def considered putting a ceiling wall mount but again the front door is so close to everything. I dont want the tv in the kitchen

• 2 years ago

Hi Bianca G,

Is this entire wall (in red) part of the kitchen?

• 2 years ago

Yes it is . Its this wall right here

• 2 years ago

Amazing... I see your dilemma. Have you considered making the “bedroom“ a sitting room/bedroom? It looks like that is the only room for bathroom access, also(?) Is the bathroom en suite?

Bianca G thanked freedomplace1
  • 2 years ago

If you have other options, I would pass on that apartment. It may have one bedroom, but it essentially has no living space. The "room" where the entrance is is essentially unusable due to traffic patterns, so any living you are going to do will be in the kitchen or bedroom. If it weren't for the partial room dividers between the entry room and the kitchen, you could probably make an okay combined space. As it is...I would pass on it unless the price was AMAZING, the location was PERFECT, or there was nothing else available.

Bianca G thanked cawaps
  • 2 years ago

@freedomplace1 yes that is the dilema . Yes the bathroom is an en suite. That was another issue but I was willing to compromise . I have a huge couch and dont know where to place it . Maybe this is not the apartment for me

• 2 years ago

@cawaps Hey I will def take your advice . Price isnt great but location is. The building is waterfront but yes will pass

• PRO
  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

What I would do is put heavy drapes on the windows and place the tv in front of the left window. The couch would go beside the column, separating the kitchen and living area, and a chair to the left of the couch. If you have to have this apartment, you might need a smaller couch. A small dinette along the right hand window, and possibly a cart or small hutch on the kitchen wall.