Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_31567330

greige recommendations for kitchen cabinets & coordinating wall color

last year
last modified: last year

Hello everyone! We started a kitchen renovation and are hoping you could share your favorite greige paints.

We made the kitchen more open by removing cabinets above the peninsula. Also removed a desk and replaced with base cabinets. Changed flooring, new appliances, and the fantasy brown granite counters were just installed. Before and in-progress photos for reference.

We will get new cabinet doors and plan to paint the cabinets, as well as add tile backsplash and update the light fixtures.

Our kitchen has no natural light (there is a sliding glass door on the other side of the room but it leads to a covered porch), so we want to keep it light... but not white. Any greige paint recommendations for cabinets and a lighter coordinating color for the wall would be very appreciated!For the cabinets, we were leaning towards Sherwin Williams amazing gray, anew gray, agreeable gray, or worldly gray. Anybody have these in their kitchen?

Addition: including a picture of a rock wall from our living room right of the kitchen. We're trying to stay more on the beige side of greige/avoid pure grays to flow better into the neighboring room.

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Nick Smith thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • last year

stay lighter..classic gray from the above group but that might even come off too dark. the counters are going to feel gray ish with little natural light. I would really go a bit lighter than most of those. I'd look at neutral off whites personally..they are not white . I think long term as light as you can make yourself go, the better this will end up.

B Moore DecoratorsWhite cabs below..

Deluxe in Alexandria · More Info

Off White Cabinets in a Casual Kitchen · More Info

Nick Smith thanked herbflavor
  • last year

I have agreeable gray in my kitchen on my walls, it’s a greige but more gray in my house. In other homes I have seen it more beige. If you don’t have any natural light I think a nice warm white on the wall with a coordinating greige a shade or two darker would look really nice!

Nick Smith thanked dshamitko
  • last year

Thank you for the suggestion! I agree it's probably best to go lighter since there is no natural light. The concern is that we're prone to frequent messes - little kids and pets. Thought maybe a slightly darker shade would help with that.

• last year

Sorry, with those counters, I would do a soft white.

Nick Smith thanked eld6161
  • last year

Thanks dshamitko! I'm considering something like that... the Sherwin Williams worldly gray (cabinet)/shoji white (wall) combo or agreeable gray (cabinet)/incredible white (wall) combo. Thinking about getting some paint samples to see how they look in my house.

• last year

I found this color sample. I also like the amazing gray for cabinets

• last year

Forgot to attach, sorry

• last year

Thank you, Beverly! That is helpful to see the color variations together like that. I'll pick up some of those swatches this weekend to bring home. Want to make sure I get the color right the first time - we have really high ceilings in the living room (thinking of carrying the same wall color to the living room) and don't want to have to do it twice! Thank you!

• last year

Thanks jackowskib! That's a great idea. I do have have a hunk of counter, so I'll do that this weekend.